Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 7: November 2012 - March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do love the red gown and am ALWAYS missing jewlery on Charlene.
I apprediate the intreresting color shades she chooses.

Princess Charlene looking great in red at a gala for the Prince Albert Foundation in Singapur on November 29, 2012.

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Side view **

Don't like that dress. High collar, straight top half and the weird mermaid bottom makes it look odd. In the side picture she looks way bogger than she is in that dress. The colour is nice on Charlene and at least she had earrings ;).

During the day in Singapore, she looked perfectly horrid - ugly top, make up gone very wrong, and a hairstyle that makes her appear like Brigitte Nielsen as a Punk Band groupie. This being Monaco or not, IMHO no wife of a reigning monarch should allow herself to be photographed like this.
Upper part:
http://s8.postimage.org/ynjuey939/Screenshot_1.jpg

Horrible! What is happening there? Hair, make-up, top... all wrong. This is not only the worst look of Charlene but the worst I have seen on anyone in a long time. And certainly not a look for a wife of a reign monarch. Plain awful. She cares less and less.

The red gown is in a good style for her, but then it's totally unimaginative to just use a style which can be found in so many of her day dresses and simply add a mermaid skirt at the bottom to turn it into an evening dress... the fact that once again, she doesn't wear a single accessory to upgrade the look to gala level doesn't help the matter.

[/QUOTE]

She wears earrings :).

I love that she has some contrast going on with black and beige. Not sure about any other aspects of the outfit though.

Princess Charlene looking great in red at a gala for the Prince Albert Foundation in Singapore on November 29, 2012.

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Side view **
Charlene really rocks this look. It says "Charlene" and not some designer. The colour is certainly the "it" thing here giving her an absolutely fabulous silhouette and it doesn't matter that the style somewhat mirrors some of her day wear (as one poster has pointed out), it means she has taken something she feels good in and turned it into an incredibly elegant and sophisticated gala dress. What more could I want? OK, diamond earrings but I am afraid that want will have to be my master!
Princess Charlene on Christmas celebration for Monaco children, wearing a beige coat, black boots and red lipstick.

*Full view* *Side view* *Close-up*
I love her style here. The rich caramel of the coat looks great with her colouring and teaming it with black is always "a good look" for her. In fact, I love the coat, the pants and adore the boots . . . and I am green with envy that I don't have the necessary leg length to carry that look off at all!:D

ugh not only is the lipstick unflattering it also looks cheap. The hairstyle makes her look like a man.

The coat Charlene has worn yesterday is from Akris - thankfully she hasn't chosen beige pants like the model on the designer's website - that would have been too much:

** Akris coat **

I love the look beige against black and I get the festive red but I don't think she pulled it off IMO but I love the coat

She looks great, but the red lipstick as the focal point screams more evening look IMO. I would love to see her in a little glossier raspberry shade.

The hair is ok-it looks like she is growing it out. If I were her hair stylist, I would create a bit more volume to complement her high bone structure.

i never noticed much, but Charlene's feet is long, maybe she wears 42? 43? i dont see a 40 there at all, it must be a higher number for sure.

That close up is so beautiful!
Like the outfit, not sure about the leggings, but it's still nice!

She looks all right; not great, but not terrible either.

Why wear black for a festive daytime Christmas event? I really like Charlene, usually enjoy her clothes choices...but it seems that it's a little disrespectful to wear black for an occasion like this.

What is disrespectful about wearing black in the daytime? Lots of people do it especially in winter.

Last edited:
I also think it's too much black overall, winter or not... The boots are awful and she really needs to think that red lipstick over.

What is disrespectful about wearing black in the daytime? Lots of people do it especially in winter.

I second your question. I wear all black many times, even if it is not winter. And certainly it's easier to be caught wearing all black in winter, even if you don't do it on purpose. You may wear the most colourful sweater with black jeans/pants and black shoes/boats. And then you put your winter coat on, which is most likely to be black, and suddenly you're wearing all black...

I see nothing disrespectful with it, even on a festive time like Christmas, maybe it is a cultural thing?

Anyway, I like her last outfit but the red lips are too much for such an informal ocasion

I was also surprised at the black at a Christmas event. Caroline and Stephanie would wear more festive outfits. I like the cut of the cape , but is this an indoor event?and I do like the boots. She seems to be wearing a lot of coats lately.

And the couple matched. My new theory is that Charlene's love of neutrals comes from:

1. Looking at too many Calvin Klein shows in the press as a child
  2. Trying to not outshine her husband. His style is also fairly neutral.
And I love her current lipstick. I won't like it if she is still wearing the same shade in 2052...

Another nice poncho look, this time with less black ;) - Charlene at the inauguration of two medical centres in Monaco on December 13:

** Full view **

I do not always like Charlene's outfits but I have to say that she is doing great. One doesnt have to like it, but she has a style that is her.

I'd rather see her this way than flashing labels and designerwear all over the place, sporting the over-the-top luxury Monaco look that so many "society ladies" with awful looks and too much money show off every day.

I do not always like Charlene's outfits but I have to say that she is doing great. One doesnt have to like it, but she has a style that is her.

I'd rather see her this way than flashing labels and designerwear all over the place, sporting the over-the-top luxury Monaco look that so many "society ladies" with awful looks and too much money show off every day.
i might not like always Charlene's wardrobe, just because sometimes they do not fit my taste. but i really admire Charlene for her own style and distint taste, she doesnt try to be someone else, i really value that.

i might not like always Charlene's wardrobe, just because sometimes they do not fit my taste. but i really admire Charlene for her own style and distint taste, she doesnt try to be someone else, i really value that.

I can appreciate all her individually when it comes to dressing but there should be a guideline for official events. I think I have read this type of comments in this forum before in relation to other royals. In the last two photos, the princess appears in what looks like leotards worn under short cut coats and boots, while her husband looks properly attired in a nice suit and tie. I hope she is not starting a trend :ohmy:

I loved the red dress and the two capes. In the pictures where she wore the black cape I thought that she looked glowing. A brilliant colour contrast with her hair.

Another nice poncho look, this time with less black ;) - Charlene at the inauguration of two medical centres in Monaco on December 13:

** Full view **

She looks quite spiffy in this outfit!

Regarding my 'disrespectful' comment: It's a Christmas party. She's handing out gifts to little kids. She's their princess. She should be festively dressed. Yes, many of us wear black on a regular basis, even at Christmas. But we're not princesses.

** Full view **

Oh, great outfit. Love the cream coloured poncho.

I love the cream on her she loks great for the engagement though I am not sure about the lippy.. still.

The black boots that Princess Charlene wore in the Christmas Tree event are by Stuart Weitzman. Everything she has worn during this week is IDed HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom