Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 6: July 2012 - November 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 6 of the thread for Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style!

You can find the old thread here:

** Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 5: June 2012 - July 2012 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Princess Charlene at the Red Cross Ball in Monaco on August 3, 2012 wearing a dress in white and gold. Not bad,
only the reflections of the material are a bit strange looking.

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **

I love the idea of the dress: the combination of gold and white is a classic and usually works.
However, the dress itself looks badly executed - although it's probably an expensive designer piece.

The top is too glittery, and the back doesn't look good.
Back view
I don't like these shoes.

Last edited:
Am usually not a fan, but she looks pretty, makeup in the closeup is amazingly well done, her shoes give the skirt the look of a classical statue.

I think it is a pretty good look. She also appears to have become more relaxed over the past year about life in the spotlight. Jewel lovers will no doubt be disappointed but she is wearing a bracelet so there is some consolation for them too. Albert certainly appears quite pleased with his Princess.

I quite like the dress in general. The cut of the top could be a bit better, and I don't like the back, but the overall affect is quite nice.

From the front the shape of the dress is ok, but the gold just looks a bit tacky. The back of the dress is truly ugly and the Brigitte Nielsen hair doesn't help either.

Jewel lovers will no doubt be disappointed but she is wearing a bracelet so there is some consolation for them too.
Yes I am disappointed although I can see with all the sequins a lot of jewellery wouldn't work. I love the bracelet but it seems a rather odd choice with this look.

Princess Charlene at the Red Cross Ball in Monaco on August 3, 2012 wearing a dress in white and gold. Not bad,
only the reflections of the material are a bit strange looking.

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **

Is that what is happening there? I was wondering. Almost thought it was her make-up.

I like this. She looks great - and yes, very relaxed. Albert looks pretty happy, too. I always notice that people around the couple - especially when Charlene is present (maybe other times, too, but I notice it when she is center stage) - are smiling. Good sign.

I'm sad they are not still at the Olympics. :sad:

Last edited:
This look could have been one of her better styles IMHO, but the execution of the dress doesn't seem to be in high quality, and the back view is quite a disaster.
With sequins, their placement is everything. If they're just piled solidly on top of each other as they are in the top here, the wearer looks either - depending on the lighting - glistening wet like a fish fresh out of water or as if wearing a breastplate.
The ugly sequins' reflections on the face make this outfit actually unsuited to be photographed, and while I like the silhouette of the skirt, I believe it's again not very nicely made.
Make up quite nice, and a Brigitte Nielsen hairdo is unfortunately the only thing she can do with such short hair with bangs for a 'dressy' style...
The fact that she doesn't even choose to wear any of the grand jewelry she was given at the wedding for the occasion on the Monte Carlo social calendar which would be the most appropriate to do so is disappointing indeed.

I thought she looked good minus the back view. The color combo of white and gold works well. I like the cut of the dress but it could've been a bit more flattering, it somehow looked a bit shapeless, could be the style. The sequins on the top is fine but only if they didn't reflect color when light hit it.

Her shoes we simple, plain and IMO they looked nice with the dress.

The dress was poorly executed....she looks nice otherwise.

LaRae

Really not liking the dress, especially the top and the back view. It's too much.

She's wearing a ballgown. By nature they are glitzy. I love the sequins, the glitz is amazing. I admire that she is confident enough to wear it, as I would not be. As for her hair, it suits her and I like that she hasn't felt she needed to have long hair to be femme.

I love the idea of the dress: the combination of gold and white is a classic and usually works.
However, the dress itself looks badly executed - although it's probably an expensive designer piece.
My thoughts exactly. The back of the dress looks really badly tailored.

Don't like it. The top is weird looking and the back of the dress is quite ugly. I don't like sequins, at all. Ever. For me they are cheap looking, no matter what they are on. Skirt part isn't bad, but looks a bit shapeless, like it wasn't tailored properly. All in all not her best look.

I like it. She looks good in the dress.

A little bummed they left London though. They looked like they were having fun.

I don't think they had a choice about leaving London. I like the front of the gown, but not the back, either. Shows you that designers who get a lot of money are often worth nothing.

she looks good actually, i hope she had worn earrings though.

I think Charlene herself looks pretty, I like the hairstyle. The dress, not so much. Top too glittery, the bottom part looks like a tablecloth.

Very disappointed about the lack of jewelry but you really can't with all those sequins. If the dress had come to a v in the back it would have been better.
Her makeup is just perfect, I wish she could loan her artist to some other princesses.

It's a nice dress that looks good on her. It distracts from her shoulders and elongated her body making her look taller. I also think the color combination works on her. I just wish the sequined top wasn't so lose fitting on her.

I like the dress on her and though the reflections from the sparks are off putting she looks pretty ... but no earrings ??? love the bracelet and the bag.

I love how Grecian the dress is, the combination of gold and white makes it look like a gladiator inspired gown, it's still modern and simple, but the back isn't so pretty, she could've worn a small pair of earrings, i like the Dior clutch though, but the dress doesn't look that well made! like they didn't have much time to take care of the details, I think it's Akris!

Not a fan of the dress. I like the combination of white and gold but I don't think it's flattering. I also don't like the back view.

A casual oversized look for Princess Charlene at the Pinetown swimming pool in Durban, South Africa on August 10, 2012 - suits her:

** Full view ** Upper part **

She looks very relaxed and that style seems to suit her well.

I love the fact that she added a green scarf to add some color. Personally, I don't care for the look, but Charlene does appear to be relaxed and at ease, which I wholeheartedly approve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom