Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 6: July 2012 - November 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She actually looks like a combination of elegant, glamorous, and sexy yet appropriate. Love the lipstick

could not disagree more, if you compare the perfection of his mother, Albert is definitely not a man who married a girl "like his mother".

Still don't think the 'see thru' image is appropriate.

LaRae

Still a skin-coloured underdress or one in the same shade of red would have been recommendable

Maybe. Maybe not. With a skin-coloured underdress everone maybe would have wondered whether she was wearing an underdress at all. And with an underdress in den same shade of red the lines wouldn't display. Therefor, thumbs up from me.

Wonderfull dress , wonderfull hairdo, no need of jewellery, she is majestic.

This is definitely a case of style preferences coming into play. I very much prefer Charlene's July look. While I am not 'against' the August look I do not think it makes her look beautiful - it's just a lot of make-up and a particular hairstyle that to me looks - on most people, not just here - dangerously close to being 'clownish'. Just not my style choice.

I agree that the beige outfit photographed extremely badly. I'm not sure that's the reason these women in the public eye should be choosing their wardrobe - though I know they do, for sure. Most of us have the freedom to wear what we think looks nice and feel good in - were we to start looking at how our choices would 'play' with the camera lens, we would start down another rabbit hole.

I know its not the cool thing to say but I abhore the no makeup no jewelry natural hair look. I mean Charlene is gorgeous but I still prefer when an effort has been made. At least some earrings for crying out loud.....Much better second time around.

I don't mind the red dress on Charlene. I like her hair and red lipstick, too. And I'd love to see more jewellery on her as well. ;)

I know its not the cool thing to say but I abhore the no makeup no jewelry natural hair look. I mean Charlene is gorgeous but I still prefer when an effort has been made. At least some earrings for crying out loud.....Much better second time around.
It was in an article that Albert thinks she is the prettiest when she has her hair pulled back and no makeup that might have something to do with not always putting it on or styling her hair.

I actually think she looks a little "hippy" and I like it. I think I was a bohemian in my last life! HA! Hippy Chic is a favorite of mine.

I don't mind that outfit if she was going to the beach or going shopping. However, she's not.

That outfit is just not appropriate for the event especially when compare to the dress she wore to this particular event last year. She has noticeably been dressing sloppy lately and she has only been a Serene Highness for a year. Usually royals' style dropped after several years on the job. She needs to step it up.

She looks fine. Albert, of course, is dressed in this costume, looks uncomfortable. It seems to be casual and that is just what she looks like, casual.

It is a picnic so a bit casual would seem appropriate. Last year people on this board criticised her for overdressing at the national picnic.

Add me to the group that thinks she looks sloppy. It's like she doesn't care how she looks when she steps out of the house. Now, it's one thing to dress how you want, and look at least somewhat put together, but quite another to come out looking like a bum. She's not just a regular Mary Sue, but a representative of her country. This is not a way one dresses for any engagement; formal or not. A pair of jeans or khaki slacks would have been better than what she pulled out of her closet.

Last year, she was very criticzd for her overdressing, many said that it was only a pic nic and this year, the same people say that it is not enough.
I think she will always be criticed by the same people.

I am finding the outfits worn by Charlene recently what I would term as "unpolished". Overall, I think she is fine to choose some of the separates/ more casual combinations but lack of makeup no jewellery etc gives the impression she has just thrown something together, which when you are the guest of honour, is not a good impression. I have enjoyed quite a few of her clothes in the past year, and for me, just a few minor adjustments would make all the difference.
PS is Albert the only poor soul who has to wear the national costume other than the dancers?

Last edited:
I don't mind that outfit if she was going to the beach or going shopping. However, she's not.

Totally agree! I don't know what event they were attending, but it was obviously something of some importance, looking at the costumes of the girls and Albert's outfit, so she should have made an effort.

Otherwise I really like this outfit on her - if she were wearing it in private - agree that the "hippie" style stuits her ;)

Last year, princess Caroline at the pic nic, princess Caroline wore the same grey long wide pants and the same shoes that Princess Charlene wore yesterday. A part the top, she wore the same outdress. and very funny, here the same people who critic Charlene said that Caroline was smart, beautiful, wonderfull.
I advice you to watch the pic nic of last year and read what some of you said about.
The pic nic is a casual event where all the native people of monaco came and it is adviced to wear casual cloths because it is outdoor and there is a very hot weather.

http://i54.tinypic.com/wqt0us.jpg
The look of caroline last year at the pic nic

Read what is said in Mail on line

Life's a picnic for Prince Albert of Monaco and his glamorous wife Charlene as they attend annual bash | Mail Online

It is the national outfit of monaco. Albert uses to wear this outfit at every pic nic apart last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like this outfit but as something she would wear in private. Recently she's been dressing far too casually at public engagements IMO. In the first few months of the marriage they were my new favourite royals and I thought her clothes were wonderful. The way she's dressing now though and the fact there has been no baby is making them less interesting to me personally.

Last edited:
She was overdressed last year but this year she's gone too far in the opposite direction. She looks ok for a trip to the shops, but not for a national event where her husband's in national dress.

Why is she wearing a scarf in early September on the Mediterranean? Surely it's far too warm for a scarf?

I don't think she looks sloppy or underdressed. I do think she was overdressed last year but I love her outfit, think it's chic and elegant.

It´s not what you wear but who wears it. Caroline would look fine in a sack of potatoes:ROFLMAO:

FOr YOU, Caroline would look fine in a sack of patatoes, for other persons she would look like ridiculious. For some persons, Charlene is the devil and the usurpater, what she would wear is always ugly. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom