Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 6: July 2012 - November 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw it last night before I slept and I thought she looked amazing, it somehow reminded me of the old good days of when she wore that Christmas tree gown (in a good way)
Although the gown is brown she looks young and fresh, and the design is absolutely South African.
But I think the back reveals a little too much, don't know if you'll agree or not.

Charlene simply dazzled last night, and I love the silk underlay.

The dress is rather on the vulgar side with its spidery brown lace on nude in exactly her skin color, with the back cut far too low with more criss-croosing spider webs tied in a knot creating an unappealing impression, and with that top center round motif protruding from the neckline which looks a bit silly.
Funny that, while clinging tightly, the dress indeed has no shape, as noticed by dazzling.
Her lack of hairdo is quite wrong with this look - not a good style for The Princess of Monaco overall.

Last edited:
Charlene looked amazing, her dress has a desighn which is south african. It was a 'South Africa night" .
Her hairdo is natural and I like it. Yesterday, without jewellery or other, she dazzled

Charlene herself looked very beautiful, but I don't like the dress at all. I mean, I wouldn't like it on anyone.

I do think she looked lovely at the gala. The dress, shoes and bag all matched well and her hair was very neat. I think she was going for an ethnic look and the type of dress with those bracelets achieved that. She's definitely a one type of jewellry type of girl, either bracelets, earrings or necklace but never all together. I hope she wears some pieces together at the next Royal Wedding celebrations though.

Last edited:
Not sure about this dress. Yes she wears it well and the spider motifs are quite stunning, but I might risk being old fashioned when I say it doesn't seem the kind of gown the first lady of Monaco should be wearing. It is very red carpet. and whilst I enjoy glam as much as anyone, I'm not keen on this look on her.

I agree Elly C. While I can appreciate how gorgeous she looks. I don't know if this is really appropriate. The back is really revealing. (yes she wears it well).

Charlene's fashion choices has not been good lately. I don't know what's going on with her but she needs to get a grip.

It's not my cup of tea. I'd be afraid of what would happen if one of the spider web strings would break or get caught on something.. :( It is just too exotic looking to be described as pretty or attractive.

I too am not a crochet dress fan .. reminds of when I was a girl... I like her hair andshe is wearing a bit of makeup , which is a relief, I just not sure about this gown ... maybe I know NOTHING about fashion and that is my problem.!!!!

Not a favorite but it is appropriate for the occassion and she does look good in it. She also looks very happy.
Is it by a South African designer? I am reminded of a white crochet dress she wore in a pre wedding interview that was by a South African designer.

The idea of the dress is actually nice, but what I do not like is the nude underdress. I am not a big fan of such dresses especially when worn by royals. I think the the princess still needs to learn on the fashion side. She is not that good lately with her choice of wardrobe.

I think she looks lovely, in a evening gown that you will not see on everyone, but she can carry it. Very tasteful and the nude underdress is just that, it is not suggestive in any way. And what makes "royals" so special?

And what makes "royals" so special?

Um. The fact that they're royal? :)

Seriously, I think the point being made is that, as representatives of the Head of State, therefore "ambassadors" for their countries, they are held to a different standard - by us, the public and by themselves, the ambassadors. For us to continue to look up and and admire royalty, which is necessary for their continued existence, they must be "a cut above", I suppose is as good a term as any.

YMMV.

wow! it certainly takes courage to wear such a dress. the back is really quite revealing but honestly if there is anyone who can carry it at all then it's certainly Charlene.

Charlene looked wonderful. I so enjoy seeing new and different styles. Certainly not something I would see in a local venue, but I find it lovely.

Um. The fact that they're royal? :)

Seriously, I think the point being made is that, as representatives of the Head of State, therefore "ambassadors" for their countries, they are held to a different standard - by us, the public and by themselves, the ambassadors. For us to continue to look up and and admire royalty, which is necessary for their continued existence, they must be "a cut above", I suppose is as good a term as any.

YMMV.

They are just ordinary people. They were foruntate enough to have some tough ancestors who, fought and claimed territory and claimed themselves "royal". And, especially, these days, many are not from that type of lineage. Charlene for example. I have seen Ambassadors wear whatever suits them. In Charlene case, she is lovely in most anything and does Monaco proud.

Many here are very imaginative, this dress does not reveal the buttocks but the back, if they see other thing , they have problems of sight. The royals are ordinary people, they are not nuns,
Yes if there is a person who can wear a dress like this , it is Charlene, she has a beautigul body and a beautiful back

To day, Charlene was at the Akrys fashion show to day, she was very beautiful

Princess Charlene Attends The Akris Spring Summer

Last edited by a moderator:
They are just ordinary people. They were foruntate enough to have some tough ancestors who, fought and claimed territory and claimed themselves "royal". And, especially, these days, many are not from that type of lineage. Charlene for example.

No, they're not. Come as they might, from ordinary backgrounds. Once they accept the role, or are born into it, it defines their lives. They cannot change jobs, retire, must be devoted to public service, must conduct themselves in an irreproachable manner, have constitutional and traditional duties they cannot forswear, are the people's custodians of such things as religion and law, and are *always* representing their country when they are in the public, whether it is to go for a bag of candy or attend the opening of a hospital. They are different, no matter their provenance.

I have seen Ambassadors wear whatever suits them.

I was not speaking literally. Sorry. I meant they are as ambassadors (not to be confused with Ambassadors) that are held to a standard by the public, in general.

In Charlene case, she is lovely in most anything and does Monaco proud.

She is lovely. And if I have reason to think she does Monaco anything but proud, in the current context (how she dresses),it is because I *do* hold royalty to a higher standard.

That said, I think the dress is maybe a tad too red carpet-ish. It's the back that does it for me. However, she wears her shoulders and back bare and exposed a lot - and Albert always looks particularly pleased when she does. So I am going to assume that this is a preference for him and that these are the physical features of his wive's that he finds most attractive and that this influences her style.

Truthfully, if Albert is fine with her clothes, and one must assume he is, then what can we all say as to actual appropriateness? He *is* the Hereditary Prince and has been since birth, one presumes he is fully capable of guiding her if he believes that she is dressing or acting inappropriately for his realm.

I love Charlene's lace dress, it is very flattering to her body shape and yes it is a bit daring at the back but nothing is offensive - go Charlene:angel:actually, all the comments have reminded of the dress Diana wore the first time she went out with Charles after their engagement - the black strapless one:whistling:

Love, love, love the dark lace dress ... and this from a senior citizen:D

As to the following dress ... meh on the color. Really dislike the obviously false eyelashes, really awful, IMO.

My word but that's an ugly dress. The stringy back is especially cheap looking.

Wasn't Charlene in Paris shopping lately? From what I remember she had lots of bags from expensive stores, so maybe things will improve for her on the fashion front?

The dress of Charlene is not boring like the dresses of Kate who wears the dresses of Quenn mother;

melina premiere said:
The dress of Charlene is not boring like the dresses of Kate who wears the dresses of Quenn mother;

Does it make you feel better to try to build Charlene up by putting down the Duchess? Try making your point w/o stooping to such levels.
As for the dress with the low back, I think it looks amazing and not at all too scandolous, nothing important is visible, and the style actually tones down her shoulders.

Last edited:

Yes, Catherine and Charlene definitely have different styles. I would not *quite* go so far as to say she dresses like the Queen Mother, but definitely more like the Queen Mother than Charlene :)

Of course, that makes sense.

Charlene is the senior female royal of Monaco, a tiny principality that is known for and promotes itself as a bit of a luxury and glamorous locale. So she dresses appropriately for her role, I would say.

Catherine is married to the second in line to a Monarchy that is woven into countries all around the world and which serves as a touchstone to tradition and continuity. So she also dresses appropriately for her role.

Comparing them in any meaningful way would be a complex academic task and serves no purpose. In my opinion, their different styles are pretty good reflections of their roles inside of their respective countries. They both get a win from me.

Reactions: Kit
Many here are very imaginative, this dress does not reveal the buttocks but the back, if they see other thing , they have problems of sight. The royals are ordinary people, they are not nuns, Yes if there is a person who can wear a dress like this , it is Charlene, she has a beautigul body and a beautiful back
To day, Charlene was at the Akrys fashion show to day, she was very beautiful

Princess Charlene Attends The Akris Spring Summer

Some other, non-watermarked pictures of Charlene:

- Hair and makeup
- The complete outfit 1
- The complete outfit 2

I really like the whole look; the dress is elegant, the colour is understated and bold (certainly not easy to wear) and the barely there make-up is impeccable.

I like the Akris show look, I was kinda sure she was going to attend, I like the color, the length and the color,
Specially the length it's so classy.

And these are not Eyelashes to me, it seems like heavy mascara, I like she likes to highlight only one thing instead of going for everything, the natural little makeup shows her beauty.

But I think she looks a bit weird, maybe tired??

Is that dress made of suede?

Some other, non-watermarked pictures of Charlene:

- Hair and makeup
- The complete outfit 1
- The complete outfit 2

I really like the whole look; the dress is elegant, the colour is understated and bold (certainly not easy to wear) and the barely there make-up is impeccable.

Princess Charlene looks pretty & elegant , the dress color is nice and suits her well , I really liked her makeup so nice on her . Thank you for posting more pics Artemisia :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom