Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 6: July 2012 - November 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lee-Z said:
oh dear... in that one she reminds me of the lady in that famous Grant Wood painting.... now how am i going to get that thought out of my head :)

I wonder if Albert sometimes gazes at his wife and wonders "What have you done with all the jewellery I got you."

I think the two looks should be reversed; what she wore for the dinner should have been worn at daytime event, and the lovely cocktail dress should have been worn in the evening. The coat is very classy and goes perfectly with the dress.

Please, note that she is dressed in the same style as her, "frumpy" hostess. Perhaps, someone told her what to wear and underplay elegance in Poland.

I think the two looks should be reversed; what she wore for the dinner should have been worn at daytime event, and the lovely cocktail dress should have been worn in the evening. The coat is very classy and goes perfectly with the dress.
As I was lamenting both looks today, I would say that solution may have helped.
However, ITA with Boris in that the line between minimalist and plain has definitely been crossed!
The black day time coat was nice, but not for her. The large circle buttons and full skirt needed a fuller head of hair, hat, scarf ,jewelry, something to balance. Don't like the differing lengths with the coat either.
The plain sleevless dress would have worked better for evening, as would the black coat and heels, but again, absolutely nothing relieves its plain self.
The long sleeved dark dress, with no jewelry and bad hair again, along with a long face, would have been better for day. Very disappointed.

Please, note that she is dressed in the same style as her, "frumpy" hostess. Perhaps, someone told her what to wear and underplay elegance in Poland.

Well, at lest her "frumpy", as you say, host wears some jewelry. Maybe Charlene did not get the note then?

The dress underneath the coat is classy but not really suited to the occasion. A suit would have been much better.

RE evening, I dont mind the black dress but the look is disappointing as Boris has pointed out due to lack of jewellery/accessories/lack of effort in the hair department.

And, always black/drab colours is too much!!!

I wonder if Albert sometimes gazes at his wife and wonders "What have you done with all the jewellery I got you."

I completely agree with you, how can you have such beautiful jewels and not wear them ! What a shame !

That was a good one Elly C. and I agree with everyone. All ladies need some earrings, even small ones would do, although I can think of so many different options with this black dress that would look great.

I think this may be one of Charlene's worst looks ever (for me). The dress is so boring and featureless, the flat, unstyled hair, the lack of jewellery... Seriously, I can't find any positive aspect about this outfit.

I'd have probably liked the dress if it were black-only, or black-navy blue, but he black-burgundy combination doesn't work for me.
And overall, too much black on this visit - and that's coming from someone who loved black cloths wise.

In my opinion the problem with this look is not so much the dress (though I also don't like it!) the problem lies with the hair. I mean honestly she looks as if she hasn't washed her hair for several days. And the lack of earrings is a pity. Really some nice pearl studs would have done sufficiently but as it is the whole look is really depressing. Not to mention her serious facial expression ....

In my opinion the problem with this look is not so much the dress (though I also don't like it!) the problem lies with the hair. I mean honestly she looks as if she hasn't washed her hair for several days. And the lack of earrings is a pity. Really some nice pearl studs would have done sufficiently but as it is the whole look is really depressing. Not to mention her serious facial expression ....
ITA with hair and lack of jewels.
However, maintaining a neutral or pleasant expression over a long period is something she needs to work on. I had a friend who was often photographed at lectures/events, while she was paying attention to a speaker, and to not look stern or bored, she would put her tongue at the back of her front teeth to relax her jaw and have a pleasant look.
Constant smiling is too hard and can look fake, she needs strategies.

yes it is amazing, I wonder if they are informed about what will be worn. The look is a bit like the old communists ( I mean that kindly:flowers:)

PHP:
At least they all look the same ;).
Why is everyone wearing black, was there a funeral we missed? While I understand black is always in fashion and is classic and so on, there is that moment when there is too much black and I think it hit this moment for me :).

Princess Charlene on the second day in Poland, October 18, during an official sight seeing tour in Krakow, wearing a comfortable look with pants and a long cardigan - not too casual and not too elegant, right for the occasion:

** Full view**

Princess Charlene on the second day in Poland, October 18, during an official sight seeing tour in Krakow, wearing a comfortable look with pants and a long cardigan - not too casual and not too elegant, right for the occasion:

** Full view**

Is that the same coat she wore in Lithuania? I really like this coat.

It's a very nice, slightly casual but still elegant combination.
The bright coral lips are a nice addition, but I'd have preferred a bit more colour or accessories. Would it kill Charlene to don a brooch/necklace/earrings - anything?

Is that the same coat she wore in Lithuania? I really like this coat.

Yes, its the same coat.
I would've liked this look if she added a brooch or something for it not to look too plain.

It's a very nice, slightly casual but still elegant combination.
The bright coral lips are a nice addition, but I'd have preferred a bit more colour or accessories. Would it kill Charlene to don a brooch/necklace/earrings - anything?

Maybe ;). It looks to me like (and I am sure it's not the case, just my perception) she is trying too hard to show how much against the jewelry she is.
I am not talking about looking like a Christmas tree, but some small earrings and maybe even a brooch would look so nice with the coat and the turtleneck here. Oh well.

I don't wear much jewelry because of a metal allergy, maybe it's something like that? (however, there are alternatives in stone, textile etc, so there would still be options for some decoration :) )

I don't wear much jewelry because of a metal allergy, maybe it's something like that? (however, there are alternatives in stone, textile etc, so there would still be options for some decoration :) )

Maybe it is. But, as you said, there are alternatives. And, again, as you said, you don't wear much. Charlene wears nothing most of the times. That's a difference.

Brooch or even a necklace, worn on the coat or on the turtleneck wouldn't give her alergies. It would not touch a skin.

Really like the coat and trousers look. The only suggestion I'd make is that the turtle neck underneath be a brighter color.

Does anyone know if Charlene takes a stylist, dresser or hairstylist with her when she goes on official visits abroad? Much as I like her shorter hairstyle and some of her pared down outfits, she too frequently lacks the finish you'd expect of a First Lady representing her country.

** Full view**

Minimalistic yet elegant. I like the coat a lot!

Princess Charlene attended the 30th Princess Grace Award Gala tonight, on October 22, 2012.

She wore an interesting white gown with silver/gold detailing and lovely earrings:
- Complete look - Close up - Makeup and Jewellery

Earlier in the day, Charlene (along with Albert) were sighted leaving the Crown Luncheon held at Daniel Restaurant.
For the luncheon, Charlene wore an elegant red dress with a burgundy red bolero jacket, red clutch and nude heels.
- Complete look 1 - Complete look 2 - Complete look 3

Last edited:
I don't care for the evening gown, but I really like her make-up and earrings. I think the red dress looks very nice, especially in terms of color.

Day-time look in New York: I'm loving the colour on her (and the dress/bolero jacket), but the lack of eye make-up makes her look like a ghost. Erm...

Evening gown: Now that's what a modern-day princess looks like! Beautiful gown, hair, make-up. Those earrings are TDF! Just enough glam and chic to make the right kind of statement. They both look fab and happy. :heart:

Daytime look - nice dress, like the colour very much. Don't like the jacket thingy at all, looks very tacky. Her face is very pale, almost ghost-like.
But, she is smiling, and that's ahuge plus.

Nighttime look - pretty gown and, WOW, jewelry! Beautiful earrings and bracelet. The only minus for me is lack of bra what shows esp in the close-up photo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom