Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 5: June 2012 - July 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her choice in fashion on this short trip was very strange.
Nothing new, nothing great.
It was ok but we all know she can do a lot better.

Maybe if it was an official state visit it would have been different.
Going to an automobil museum is not what I call representing my country.

^^^Thanks, those observations were wicked but on the mark. And I just noticed in some of the photos how much the bandage wrap not only accentuated her shoulders, but her chest as well. I can deal with the color better than this style.

Last edited:
Oh, it's just so easy to find fault with this woman, isn't it? Good time for me to make the Cambridge Cones comparison. Nobody is perfect.

As for Tom & Lorenzo, bless their hearts. If they got their hands on the aqua pantsuit, they'd be fighting over who would wear it.

Princess Charlene at the presentation of Monaco's team for the London Olympics 2012 on July 12, 2012, wearing the team's uniform:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Oh, it's just so easy to find fault with this woman, isn't it? Good time for me to make the Cambridge Cones comparison. Nobody is perfect.

It's not that it's easy, it's just obvious, just like the Cambridge Cones. These are detractions in the outfit that are being commented on.

Charlene looks good in the Olympic uniform, although I think I like the white loafers better with this outfit.

Last edited:

Princess Charlene at the presentation of Monaco's team for the London Olympics 2012 on July 12, 2012, wearing the team's uniform:

Nice look, its suits her quite a bit. I also like the red shade of the top against her. Such skirt lengths looks great on her.

As for Tom & Lorenzo, bless their hearts. If they got their hands on the aqua pantsuit, they'd be fighting over who would wear it.
Since the Tom & Lorenzo comparison of that aqua pantsuit to the very unfortunate 'Star Trek - Next Generation' costumes is not only quite witty but makes perfect sense as well, ridiculing the writers' sexuality is deemed an appropriate last resort to dismiss their criticism? How very unpleasant.

Princess Charlene in Berlin | Tom & Lorenzo

Here's a pungent comment from tom and lorenzo about the turquoise/aqua pantsuit.

Ouch! I certainly won't want to be on the receiving end of their reviews of my attire (Heaven knows what they'd come up with :huh:). Unfortunately, they are right on the money with the pant suit (though I do love the color). These things are very amusing to read, however, I don't think any of us would be laughing if these remarks were going in our direction. I'm not being a whiner, just making an observation.

I think she looks great in the Olympic team uniform. Her light complexion is suited for bold tones. Love how the red looks on her. Wish she'd wear that shade a bit more. And as for the hair, I don't see any resemblance to the late Princess Diana. I think Charlene looks lovely with that style; it gives her a youthful bounce.

It's not finding the fault; it's describing what is seen.

You don't know that. And making fun of their sexuality isn't quite nice.

Last edited:
Have the Olympic uniforms always been so ugly? I saw a segment on the US uniforms and they looked like bad ugly school uniforms.

The shoes alone are absolutely tragic. I think I was wearing shoes like those as part of my school uniform when I was about 11.

Why is she wearing the Olympic uniform anyway? Is she competing?

Statesmen, royals, etc. do wear the blazers, T-shirts, uniforms of their nation's olympic team as a show of support. It's nothing new. In fact they are given these uniforms as presents. I remember, King harald and Queen Sonja were given the rather funky pants of the Norwegian curling team and were quiete amused by the pattern of those trousers.(http://www.murketing.com/journal/wp...t_sports_oly_experts-382897659-1266252221.jpg) We'll be seeing lots and lots of royals doing the same thing in the coming days. So, PCharlene was in fact doing what she was supposed to do. :flowers:

I think the outfit is the usual uniform for sports events, skirt, blazer etc. Its ok. The shoes are positively ugly though, very school mamsell-ish.

As for Princess Charlene outfit at the presentation of Monaco's team, it's kind of cute; reminds me a preppy school uniform.
The shoes are ugly, but I assume they are part of the uniform as well, so she didn't have much choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
The shoes are ugly, but I assume they are part of the uniform as well, so she didn't have much choice.

I doubt you will find too many of the female athletes walking into the Olympic Stadium wearing their Jimmy Choo heels with their uniforms.

:previous:
Which is why I said she didn't have much choice. :)
Save for the turquoise thingy (which I hated ever since it made its first appearance months ago), I generally do like Charlene's understated choices.

On the other hand, the lack of jewellery is trying because I'm a jewelaholic (a term I'll continue using until it makes an appearance in Oxford dictionary), but Charlene appears to be completely indifferent towards them. If I were in her place, I'd probably don tiaras to do my shopping! :D

Last edited:
I think one of the requirements of being a princess is that the lady must love and wear jewelry!:D

(..)
As for the Olympic gear: Whenever those Olympics come up, I'm shuddering in advance at the thought of the ugly stuff the designers of team wear will produce this time...
Because the poor female Royals will inevitably be seen in clothes perhaps flattering for six feet tall male athletes (if flattering on any human being at all), but certainly not for them.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Star Trek discussion has been deleted as off-topic! Thanks for your understanding!

This thread has once again been cleaned up, please use the private message system for personal discussions and remember that we won't speculate about any possible surgeries here! Thanks!

Boris said:
(..)
As for the Olympic gear: Whenever those Olympics come up, I'm shuddering in advance at the thought of the ugly stuff the designers of team wear will produce this time...
Because the poor female Royals will inevitably be seen in clothes perhaps flattering for six feet tall male athletes (if flattering on any human being at all), but certainly not for them.

Wow I really don't recall all these ugly outfits, probably because I just check out who is winning and the swimming and gymnastics then leave.

Princess Charlene visited the South Africa's swimming team for the London Olympics 2012 during a training session in Monaco
on July 18, 2012, wearing pants and a top. Nothing special but it works for the occasion.

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **

As iceflower said, nothing special but appropriate for the occasion.
The shoes though - I wouldn't necessarily wear high heels to a swimming pool; the floor can get quite slippery sometimes, so not a wise choice.

As iceflower said, nothing special but appropriate for the occasion.
The shoes though - I wouldn't necessarily wear high heels to a swimming pool; the floor can get quite slippery sometimes, so not a wise choice.

I agree about the shoes and I also do not like the top, it reminds me of a summer pyjama top.

Ick, don't like the top...looks like a slip.

LaRae

It's a tank top. It fits the occasion. She looks fine.

I used to have a top in that material in fuschia pink; it was loose, comfortable and casual so this is appropriate for the venue she was visiting. I think flats or sandals would have definitely been safer on a slippery surface, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom