Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 5: June 2012 - July 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Charlene in Berlin, Germany, today, July 9, 2012, recycling the mint combination she has worn several times before during the last two months. I liked it at previous events, but for such an official reception and meeting it's too casual, an elegant suit would have been a much better choice here.

** Full view ** Back/Side view ** Upper part **

That's possibly one of the worst outfits I've ever seen.

Terrible,terrible outfit.I'm speechless.You're on an official visit and you present like this..what à low representation of Monaco.She made more effort at the superficial Paris fashion show.No wonder even the The royal order of sartorial splendor blog does'nt even bother with her.What à sloppy attire,she still think she's à swimmer.Again,speechless.Letizia of Asturias would never wear this sausage outfit.

Last edited:
The outfit is not up to scratch, at all. Very bad & disappointing decision. I thought Charlene looked lovely in Paris and yesterday upon arrival (minus the flip flops) but today is just a desaster. Apart from the unsuitable outfit, Charlene looks so tired, as if she hadnt slept in days.

This outfit is a completely, utterly wrong choice for the occasion of an official welcome by another country's President at his residence in the morning as the start of an official visit to his country.
Despite the unflattering bondage-like wrap part around the upper body, the combo might be appropriate for some cocktail function in the late afternoon in Monaco, but for little else.
Pity about her make up - whoever did it in Paris for the Dior show must have been a genius - and her unstyled flat hair; disappointing all around.

I have a pet hate about that LV pattern. Charlene seems to like flashing the fact that she's wearing LV. The pattern's been copied and faked so much that it's now just cheap and tacky. I mean, when people are doing this kind of thing with the LV print, it's time to leave it alone.

The blue outfit is just horrible. Her arms looks as if they're trying to break free of that tube top kind of thing. You might get away with it if you were going to a yoga class or something, but not to meet the President of Germany on an official state visit.

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more, EIIR.
You're not exactly alone in your 'pet hate' - the LV logo is just about bearable where it originally belonged, on luggage.
On an eye-catching shawl like this one, it's most unappealing, and worn during an official visit, it becomes rather tacky indeed.

Of course she has to wrap herself up with the LV scarf to complete the tacky attire.Perfect.I bet it's a freebie from LV when she went to Paris.Awful sandals and cheap looking bag.She need à fashion advisor asap,not to look stylish or elegant but just to dress with some taste.

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more, EIIR.
You're not exactly alone in your 'pet hate' - the LV logo is just about bearable where it originally belonged, on luggage.
On an eye-catching shawl like this one, it's most unappealing, and worn during an official visit, it becomes rather tacky indeed.

I agree, Boris, that it's just about ok on luggage (although Colleen Rooney came through Heathrow the other day with a bit of LV luggage with her own personal 'CR' monogram on it, which was rather tacky too I thought).

LV have become something of a victim of their own success with the print. The same thing happened to Burberry with their traditional check pattern (what is it with people painting their houses in designer patterns?), which has become very tacky in the UK especially, although probably less-so elsewhere.

I see nothing wrong with the LV wrap/scarf. It is no different than any other royal carrying a handbag with a designer logo or wearing red-soled shoes. I think PCharlene looks fresh and modern.

Love the color but the outfit is horrid! Wrong outfit to meet a president! Not so fond of the LV shawl either.

I see nothing wrong with the LV wrap/scarf. It is no different than any other royal carrying a handbag with a designer logo or wearing red-soled shoes. I think PCharlene looks fresh and modern.

I agree. She looks lovely. She seems more and more relaxed these days, too - her smiles are easy and light up her face.

it looks way better with the LV scarf/shawl but I still hate it , and kinda disappointed was expecting a suit and something really classy like the ones she wore last year in Ireland, anyway she has a gala today . she better wear something dashy!

I think the shawl was a vast way of improving the top, which just accentuated her broad shoulders. However, that's a great look if you're lounging by the cabana, not on a state visit. A classic case of "what was she thinking?" along with that LV house!

Last edited:

Agreed. I like the shawl as well and have no problem with the pattern despite the fact that where I live I'm surrounded by fake versions of it.

To me fashion is circular as in something can be so tacky it's pretty again. This pattern is one of those things to me.

And the picture of the house someone linked is hilarious and kind of cute. I love kitsch.

Charlene this evening at a gala dinner in Berlin, wearing the dress again she had worn last year in September:

I still like it, but I think it looked a bit better last time together with a different hairstyle:

** Full view ** Back view ** September 2011 **

Mint outfit - Too casual for the event and hideous with the so called wrap. I don't care for the LV shawl/wrap i just don't like the color. It was too much of one color for me.

July 9, 2012 - Evening outfit - Beige/gold recycled dress. Not bad at all but also boring. Seems there was no effort into dressing up. Jewels were a big disappointment, so was hair and makeup.

Clutch

Last edited by a moderator:
Her appearance at the Presidential dinner might very well serve as a fitting illustration of the term 'Washed Out'.
An extra effort regarding hair, jewelry or accessories wouldn't have hurt indeed with such a basic and boring design of evening gown.

I really like that gown , and i liked it the first time. but I'm disappointed that she didn't wear anything new, it's like the visit was planned so quickly that she didn't have time to choose anything, since there's also lack of jewelry!

her clutch has the letter C D written on it , right ?? which brand is that ?? 0-o

Last edited by a moderator:

Charlene this evening at a gala dinner in Berlin, wearing the dress again she had worn last year in September:

I still like it, but I think it looked a bit better last time together with a different hairstyle:

** Full view ** Back view ** September 2011 **

I love it - she looks beautiful. Makes my list! :flowers:

Last edited:
ok, it seems, I am the only one, but I really liked the petrol/blue outfit, I saw it on TV the first time and I thought, wow, "Summer Queen of Style" next to the President´s wife.
But I agree with the Dinner dress, it is a bit boring (last time she looked great in nude at the Paris Fashion Week), so some impressive earrings, a bit different make-up and more touped hair could have made a difference. This way it looked, as if she just had 10 mins left to change outfit :cool:...
BYe Bine

She needed to step up her look for the evening event with her hair and makeup. Dangling earrings or a necklace - how about a bracelet? - would have definitely complemented the gown and given it some needed sparkle. Agreed, no effort in this appearance.

Last edited:
She looks lovely but she desperately needs some important jewels or accessories to give it that wow factor! It is soo blah as to be boring..

It's a nice gown but nothing special. I agree with most members, nice dangling earrings or a bracelet would have been great.

Last edited:
Her appearance at the Presidential dinner might very well serve as a fitting illustration of the term 'Washed Out'.

Luckily she is not making that concession to the camera - the camera 'likes' color. She may be plenty fine in person - the flashing lights tend to wash out the ruddiest of us - hence the often 'overdone' quality one sees sometimes. The person may be factoring in the lights.

There is a conversation going forward on another thread about 'plebian' and 'aristocratic' tans. Funny. I applaud Charlene's decision not to spend the time focussed on a tan - nor to use make-up to 'pretend' color where there is none. She looks fine - some people are just pale and like it that way. Given the color palette she is choosing for her clothes I think she is fine, keeping in mind that we really don't know her complexion's tone from a picture. She may not in fact be 'washed out' - but the camera 'thinks' so.

Last edited:
With or without jewels her gown is lovely. as for the blue outfit, it looks as if she is caught up in the middle of a deflated innertube! Not a flattering look for someone with such broad shoulders!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom