Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 5: June 2012 - July 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlene on the second day in Germany, July 10, during a museum visit in Stuttgart, wearing a sand-coloured/beige shirt dress. It's not bad, but I would have liked shorter sleeves better:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **

I just find it odd that Charlene appears to be inappropriately casual in her dress on this trip. IMO, that is just not right at the consort to a head of state on a trip of this nature.

I think both she and Letizia subscribe to the same school of thought about daywear which is casual and inappropriate for the occasion. This dress is just so wrong in cut, color and style and I wouldn't wear it anywear, let alone on a state visit to Germany!

Last edited:
I think both she and Letizia subscribe to the same school of thought about daywear which is casual and inappropriate for the occasion. This dress is just so wrong in cut, color and style and I wouldn't wear it anywear, let alone on a state visit to Germany!

I agree with you. Leitizia is often quite under-dressed, though never when she is representing her country with another head of state.

this dress is a repeat too. I don't mind it , I think it's good, minus the sleeves

Charlene on the second day in Germany, July 10, during a museum visit in Stuttgart, wearing a sand-coloured/beige shirt dress. It's not bad, but I would have liked shorter sleeves better:

It seems like it's too big for her body!
She seems like a tourist who visited Germany :cool:
But i have seen worse outfits than this.

Princess Charlene in Berlin, Germany, today, July 9, 2012, recycling the mint combination she has worn several times before during the last two months. I liked it at previous events, but for such an official reception and meeting it's too casual, an elegant suit would have been a much better choice here.

** Full view ** Back/Side view ** Upper part **
I love the color of the outfit, it is really harmonic on her face, but this outfit is something that keeps someone in mind (because of the color and the weird style it has), so i don't think it is a perfect choice for wearing it so soon If you consider that she wore it just a month ago in the GP . Maybe after some time from the Grand Prix, it would be better.
Anyway, i think it is too out of place for the atmosphare.

Charlene this evening at a gala dinner in Berlin, wearing the dress again she had worn last year in September:

I still like it, but I think it looked a bit better last time together with a different hairstyle:

** Full view ** Back view ** September 2011 **
I looove her appearence!
At least she is so chic that helps her clothes to look better on her if they are themselves not that good!

Last edited by a moderator:
The dress is awful! Especially those sleeves!

She is starting to look really questionable.... IMO the what is going on here question. I am stunned the looks are more for shopping or a casual private affair than something formal like a visit to another country and the no makeup little glamour ... I see some "charming " patronising comment about getting one's "jollies" somewhere else in an earlier post and though I 'm certain this comment was not suuposed to sound as terrible as it read, I am certain that Charlene is able to do a whole lot better than she has of late.
Albert's comment that he likes he look better without makeup and so on her been taken to new hieghts here ... what is going on and will it stop she looks awful IMO.

I like the turquoise pantsuit and especially the evening gown. The beige outfit at the museum (automotive museum?) not so much. Not bad for her first official (not state) visit as Princess Consort but I am sure she can do better as she demonstrated in the UK this spring and in Berlin in the autumn. I don't mind the lack of jewelry which seems in keeping with her personal style and with the times. It is still early days in building up her working wardrobe and figuring out what she likes and doesn't like.

"Fashionable is what one wears oneself, unfashionable is what everyone else wears" Oscar Wilde.

The beige from today is another disappointment. With those sleeves she looks like she could take flight. It actually also looks as if one of the buttons is about to pop open; as if it's too tight on her.

Is it possible that she is intentionally going without much makeup, jewelry and more casual due to the economy in Europe currently??? IOW, could she be downplaying the "glam"?

No, I don't think that's it at all. I think she's just not into baubles.

That could be. She rarely even wears her engagement ring..

I may not personally like some of her outfits, but I don't think it's appropriate for her to wear her sunglasses on her head on official visits.

You took the words out of my mouth :flowers:. I've noticed that about both of these women as well. They can pull out all the stops when it comes to evening engagements, but seem to miss more than hit during daytime. As for the shirt-dress, it's horrendous. Looks like an over-sized button-down shirt with a belt in the middle. I won't wear it anywhere public (maybe use it as lounge-wear at home), because it's absolutely unflattering.

Glorious wardrobes in Japan and Ireland before her marriage_I mean, she could have shown some princesses a thing or two. What has gone wrong here?!!!!

:ohmy:I agree about the sunglasses on the head thing, really too casual.

I actually like the beige dress and sandals, but can't abide the no makeup. Minimal makeup to look "normal" in person rather than for the camera is one thing, this appears way too casual.

Last edited:
Is it possible that she is intentionally going without much makeup, jewelry and more casual due to the economy in Europe currently??? IOW, could she be downplaying the "glam"?

She's in Germany whose economy is growing faster than any other in Europe, so I can't imagine that's it. If she was in Greece or Portugal I could understand it, but not in Germany.

angela wrote:

Glorious wardrobes in Japan and Ireland before her marriage_I mean, she could have shown some princesses a thing or two. What has gone wrong here?!!!!

There seems to have been some sort of falling out with Armani who used to successfully dress Charlene almost all the time. At some stage that all changed and she now favours Akris, whose outfits are generally awful.

I don't like this last outfit, but the other two were lovely. She is very undertstated and can be, because she carries most thing off so well.

There seems to have been some sort of falling out with Armani who used to successfully dress Charlene almost all the time. At some stage that all changed and she now favours Akris, whose outfits are generally awful.

Actually her wardrobe in Ireland was by Akris, she also didn't wear Armani in Japan. as I said it before, this woman does NOT make sense, once she will really SURPRISE us next, she will disappoint us!

by the way: all the fashion websites said good things about that turquoise suit/thing minus the wrap.
and they all praised her on the gown.

as I said it before, this woman does NOT make sense, once she will really SURPRISE us next, she will disappoint us!

by the way: all the fashion websites said good things about that turquoise suit/thing minus the wrap.

Gee, you mean she is just like most women, royal or otherwise?? Shame on her:whistling:

Akris's designs should not be called couture. Some of Akris's outfits look as if they came from a cheap department store. Many outfits look like experiments, half-hatched ideas trying too hard to be innovative. There are so many fantastic fashion houses available, hmmm

Actually her wardrobe in Ireland was by Akris, she also didn't wear Armani in Japan. as I said it before, this woman does NOT make sense, once she will really SURPRISE us next, she will disappoint us!

They were in Ireland? Oddly enough, living in Ireland myself I don't remember any media coverage of the event. I have no idea what she wore in Ireland or Japan.

Her Armani wedding dress was pretty nice, although the blue trouser suit thing she wore for the civil ceremony was awful. She just seems to have decided that Akris is what she prefers which is such a shame since I don't think I've liked anything they've put her in.

Im glad to see Charlene repeat an evening gown finally.

Some more colour is needed to be injected into Charlene's outfits but it seems she favours beiges

They were in Ireland? Oddly enough, living in Ireland myself I don't remember any media coverage of the event. I have no idea what she wore in Ireland or Japan.

Her Armani wedding dress was pretty nice, although the blue trouser suit thing she wore for the civil ceremony was awful. She just seems to have decided that Akris is what she prefers which is such a shame since I don't think I've liked anything they've put her in.
she was in Ireland, she wore these, and this (earrings and bracelet by Repossi), this, this.

I found the blue trouser suit very beautiful specially after taking the jacket off.
she now seems to be favoring Dior, but Akris is a house that can make her anything she wants in 2 days or something. there was an interview with Albert(the director of the house) and he was saying that she calls him asking for something to be in few days or so without much time for fittings. Akris had only 3 weeks to make her 2 outfits of William's wedding, and I guess that was because she and M.r Armani had a bit of a fight.
she's finding her way, she started wearing Louis Vuitton. I guess we'll be seeing other designers soon.
http://redsalamander.net/watermark....arlene-wittstock-boda-monaco-look-irlanda.jpg

Akris is a house that can make her anything she wants in 2 days or something.
Unlikely, but this would certainly explain a lot about the way the Akris stuff looks.
Among the regular royal favorite designers, only Natan is worse in terms of quality.

Such an old outfit for such a young women. The color doesn't do her any good and going out without makeup doesn't help the look as she looks quite washed-out IMO. The sleeves of the dress is too wide and makes the overall look baggy. The overall also looks boring, a nicer belt and accessories would've worked really well.

The wedges are great! I think they are by Louis Vuitton.

iceflower said:

That's a nice outfit though I'm not in love with the sleeves. It's a new and unique look to Charlene's wardrobe or atleast I haven't seen it before. I also like her wearing her sunglasses on her head, if it was a problem someone would have told her to stop it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom