Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 5: June 2012 - July 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It could be the lighting but it looks like the top and bottom to 2 different shades of navy. I do love the sparkly bracelet.

I'm glad to see Charlene in a nice shade of blue (it definitely goes with her light complexion), but the dress itself is all right; nothing to write home about. However, the event did indeed seem informal, so she looked appropriate and didn't stand out.

You're using my catchphrase, Daria!:) The dress is indeed nothing to write home about, but totally appropriate for the occasion even though it does look like two shades of navy. Maybe the bottom is in a different material because of the tiny pleats, which I really like, unless it's a skirt and blouse. The makeup and hair look very nice. That sparkler on her arm is a real eyecatcher and I'm glad to see her wear some bling.

You're using my catchphrase, Daria!:) The dress is indeed nothing to write home about, but totally appropriate for the occasion even though it does look like two shades of navy. Maybe the bottom is in a different material because of the tiny pleats, which I really like, unless it's a skirt and blouse. The makeup and hair look very nice. That sparkler on her arm is a real eyecatcher and I'm glad to see her wear some bling.

I think you're right; the dress may very well be made out of two different types of material, and that indeed doesn't take away from the piece. I think I like it more because of that (a touch of originality and a little bit of 'oomph'). Just noticed the bracelet; very lovely, and makes the whole look a little more formal than it would have been if she came with little to no jewelry. Glad you like me using your catchphrase :D.

it actually seems to be a blouse and a maxi skirt or a dress as there's a zip in the back so it might be a dress, here's a full view pic
I like it, I gotta say i was a bit let down when i saw that it was a floor length skirt, but it grew in me. i like it now, the makeup and bracelet make me love it.

it might be a modified version of this Dior dress

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: Thank you for the full length shot. I think Charlene looks wonderful. The dress is elegant and feminine without being fussy and the colour is gorgeous. Any more jewellery than her bracelet would have looked OTT at that particular engagement.

I like the dress. Very elegant and lovely.

I Think princess Charlene looks nice , and the outfit elegant & simple & suits her well , thanks for the sharing

I think she looks nice.
Nothing spectacular, but it's ok for the occasion!

She has chosen well for this event imo - sophisticated and slightly understated. I agree with previous posters about the makeup - but it's undoubtedly helped by the fact that she looks really happy and settled in her role. I think she's a brilliant ambassador for Monaco.

Quite beautiful this outfit, it suits her extremely !

I like Charlene's minimalistic style but this outfit is a miss for me, its not simple & elegant but simple & cheap looking.

I also think the dress is kind of plain and boring looking. Also the bust area looks weird :huh:

People frequently seem to describe the dresses worn by various princesses as boring. Could someone please explain what an exciting dress looks like. It is just cloth after all, so I cannot imagine cloth as exciting. A roller coaster ride maybe, but cloth not so much.

I like the dress. Charlene looks good in navy blue and the dress fits her well. Not necessarily boring, but safe. I think that it has to be remembered that she was going to a reception at Buckingham palace. She could have done something to her hair though, kind of flat and lifeless.

it actually seems to be a blouse and a maxi skirt or a dress as there's a zip in the back so it might be a dress, here's a full view pic
I like it, I gotta say i was a bit let down when i saw that it was a floor length skirt, but it grew in me. i like it now, the makeup and bracelet make me love it.

it might be a modified version of this Dior dress
I would have preferred navy shoes though.

I like the blue dress very much. It looks as though it may have been knitted to order. Notice how the flat knit turns into peat looking texture. Very unique.

Charlene's outfit looks more like a skirt and a top than a dress.

July 25, 2012 - Charlene at an event wearing a beige/tan skirt, tan top matched with a black jacket, Louis Vuitton red handbag and beige heels.

I think personally think she is tall enough to avoid those kinds of shoes. I dont understand the natural look, the boring hair do.

Bag ** Close up ** Full view

Love the Louis Vuitton bag; I have one very similar to it in black, but from last year's collection. It's really functional, not to mention - pretty.
The beige/tan top and skirt are not bad, but I positively hate the over-sized jacket and the unflattering shoes.

The color and style of the outfit is really uninteresting, but I guess it's fine for the event. I do wish she would have styled her hair though.

Last edited:
Not a very good look. The jacket does not fit her. Though, I love that bag!

The blazer is Olympic uniform I think and the beige might be uniform as well cos sometimes there is more than one outfit. I hope this is true because it's naff. The bag is good and team colour focused. The shoes are beyond comment.

Shoes are simply awful. The blazer looks to be part of the team blazers but she could have had hers altered to fit, imo. Then it would be fine.

That blazer is a bit on the bulky side, but the skirt and top are fine (even if they're in beige). The good thing about the jacket is that it adds a bit of a contrast. I really like the bag, but absolutely dislike the shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom