Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 5: June 2012 - July 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with everyone in regards to the shoes; not a good choice when walking around a pool deck. I think the pants and top are nice and appropriate for the event. It's usually very muggy around a pool (especially one that is indoors), and wearing something light and loose is a sure way to stay comfortable and cool. I think what she wore helped her in that department.

About her shoes...

I'm going to go out on a limb right now and say that I think former Olympic swimmer Charlene is probably an excellent judge of what shoes are suitable for poolside wear.;)

Amnot sure why the big deal here ... she is at an event and is wearing the Mon aco Olympic uniform and the shoes match the uniform ?? Am I seeing something differenet reading something different have pondered over this part of thread andd that is what I am reading could be wrong and stand corrected if I am but IMO for the event she looks as she should in the princpiality uniform sending them on their way.

Princess Charlene visited the South Africa's swimming team for the London Olympics 2012 during a training session in Monaco
on July 18, 2012, wearing pants and a top. Nothing special but it works for the occasion.

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **

She looks nice for the occasion...but I wonder is she's aware that her toes are hanging over her sandals. In the fashion world that's definitely a blunder.

I'm going to go out on a limb right now and say that I think former Olympic swimmer Charlene is probably an excellent judge of what shoes are suitable for poolside wear.;)

My thoughts exactly! Like she doesn't already know what it's like!

Princess Charlene attended the traditional candlelight dinner organized annually by the Monaco Town Hall
on July 19, 2012, wearing the dress again she had worn at the Louis Vuitton event in Paris on July 3.

I think the hairstyle and the earrings she had chosen on July 3 look a bit better in combination with that glittering dress.

** July 19, 2012 ** July 3, 2012 **

Still hate that dress. It's certainly not the kind of thing I would feel is appropriate to wear to a black tie event.

I would love to see her in this color in a longer gown for this event, but I will say that I prefer the clean eye makeup to the smoky eye from Paris.

She looks beautiful either way, tho, and Albert looks extremely happy to have her by his side!

I am happy to see that she was wearing again this beautiful dress style Charleston.
Many girls are wearing these style of dresses this summer and I like them.

It is still a ghastly dress! The designer couldn't seem to make up his/her mind when to stop with all the different things going on... About the only redeeming factor is the color.

I wish she'd put that disco monstrosity in the farthest corner of her closet. I didn't like it when she wore it the first time, and still dislike it now. It reminds me of a figure skating costume gone very, very wrong :eek:.

I don't know, Im just liking her style more and more. Her clothes are right for her and even though I would wear more jewels, she seems to like the one piece and it works.

Yes, better with less eye makeup. I don't mind recycles, but this is too soon, imo

Yes, better with less eye makeup. I don't mind recycles, but this is too soon, imo
I think her eyes look wonderful with less eye makeup and the change in the style of her earrings also suits the dress style better.

iceflower said:

Princess Charlene attended the traditional candlelight dinner organized annually by the Monaco Town Hall
on July 19, 2012, wearing the dress again she had worn at the Louis Vuitton event in Paris on July 3.

I think the hairstyle and the earrings she had chosen on July 3 look a bit better in combination with that glittering dress.

** July 19, 2012 ** July 3, 2012 **

I like the eye makeup she was wearing the 3rd, it makes her look chic. I think this blue sparkly dress would be better if it did not have the 80s flares at the bottom. Just the straight lined portion going down to her knees or above the knees.

Im not a fan of this dress, its not her age. Suitable for someone a bit younger especially with the frills of tulle on the hem.
I like the way she wore it in Paris, the earrings, hair and make up worked, the second time she wore it, the hair-do was wrong and the earrings a bit to small.

I don't like the hairstyle, and I don't like this look this look, maybe cause it's too soon to repeat this dress, or maybe cause I'm disappointed we didn't see a new floor-length dress.

Actually the dress makes her shoulders look huge and her head look enormous I really wish she would wear a bit more makeup at these sorts of functions she is not at the beach though she may live near one it's a bit poor actually ... I wonder if she has a stylist.

Hate this dress. Not a great style on her and I also think it's too much.

I love that dress, but not on her! It might be cute on a young Hollywood starlet strolling down the red carpet, but, as others have mentioned, it's not at all flattering on Charlene and doesn't seem appropriate for the event.

She should look at how Princess Diana dressed. Diana was a very tall lady and not exactly 'curvy'. Most of the time her clothing was very well done.

LaRae

It's bad enough when Diana is brought up in convos about Kate, now it's spreading to discussions about Charlene too.

She should look at how Princess Diana dressed. Diana was a very tall lady and not exactly 'curvy'. Most of the time her clothing was very well done.

LaRae

Diana had curves - that was part of her appeal. And charlene does not need to dress in anyone's style. She just needs to find her own way. So many years of swim, swim, swim means that she needs/wants to catch up.

Give her time, for goodness sake!

LaRae

No, she should not. No one should look at how anyone else is / was dressed. Diana was Diana and Charlene is Charlene. Comparison is unnecessary.
You may like or not like what Charlene is wearing, but that's not the reason to bring Diana (or anyone for that matter) into this subject.

I actually like the dress, I just think it needs really strong make-up and jewellery like the first time she wore it.
Agree that she repeated it too early.

I didn't say she should dress exactly like Diana...I was thinking more along the lines of shape and structure of the clothing.

LaRae

The dress is not flattering for her body shape. It lends greater width to her shoulders and does nothing for her figure.

I actually adore her in shades of nude. It is then that she looks really quite stunning (take her appearance at Dior Couture for example - And the blush pink evening gown she wore to Buckingham Palace - exquisite!)

And I find Charlene so much pretter than I did some two years ago. Her lips especially suit her face now. Very complimentary. Not thin and ageing in appearance.

Princess Charlene in blue at a reception for members of the International Olympic Committee at Buckingham Palace on July 23, 2012.

** Pic **

:previous:
I really like Charlene's makeup; she's glowing.
The dress though is just average - not bad, but not particularly good either.

Seems like a perfectly appropriate dress for the event which didn't seem like a time to glam things up. Looking at pictures of other guests the event was rather relaxed by royal standards, IOC members with their name tags on their chest pocket and credentials around their necks, ladies in day dresses or pant suits, men in business suits.

Nice bracelet though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom