Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 4: April 2012 - June 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe she just feels more comfortable the further she gets away from Monaco?

Well, lets remember that she was looking very happy alongside the husband you usually say she dosn't look comfortable with. Make your mind up.

BTW For a poster who clearly dislikes PC I don't know why you spend such time on her forums as no one is going to pay much attention to your constant negative comments.

Last edited:
Well, lets remember that she was looking very happy alongside the husband you usually say she dosn't look comfortable with. Make your mind up.

BTW For a poster who clearly dislikes PC I don't know why you spend such time on her forums as no one is going to pay much attention to your constant negative comments.

You seem the pay significant attention to my 'constant negative posts'.

I neither like nor dislike Charlene. I have no opinion on her personality or character, because I have seen nothing that enables me to make such a judgement. I only comment on some of her outfits and her hair. She always looks happiest to me when she's not with Albert. I am not the only person who feels that there's something not quite right there, and that feeds into her demeanour and body language, which in turn affects how her clothes look on her.

But thank you for making me feel so unwelcome in this thread.

I was trying to figure out who Charlene's bouffant 1980s hair from Friday's lunch reminded me of, and I think i've got it. She seems to be channelling Tilda Swinton:

Google Image Result for http://www.celebitchy.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/wenn5294199.jpg

You've all come up with the words I was looking for to describe Princess Charlene's divine elegance at the Jubilee events. If I were Prince Albert, I'd be puffing my chest out to be holding the arm of the most beautiful princess present there, as Prince Rainier must have done when he was at an official event with Princess Grace. There was one picture where she reminded me of Princess Diana (the height, the hair, her having to lean slightly over to talk to a much shorter person), although she looks nothing like Diana. But she does look like a young queen who knows she is reigning.

iloveroyals, I stated something similar on another Board. Albert must feel very, very proud of his Princess after this weekend.

She was quite simply the most stunning woman there, imo.

I was trying to figure out who Charlene's bouffant 1980s hair from Friday's lunch reminded me of, and I think i've got it. She seems to be channelling Tilda Swinton:

Google Image Result for http://www.celebitchy.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/wenn5294199.jpg
Personally I think they both have blonde hair and they both have short hair. End of story!

Remarkably apropo site name though. :D

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-caM_d4ZfE...eVU0/s1600/21692_principes-monaco-windsor.jpg

Charlene looks the absolute height of elegance. Her suite is beautiful. I do love the shade too. It really does suit her along with the shorter hair.

Last edited:
Charlene looked gorgeous!!!
Both outfits, the blue and the pink one!
Perfect hairstyle, perfect make-up and perfect bling bling for the occasion!

Give her an award for best dressed and best looking Lady of the day!

After I posted, I wondered about the relevance of comparisons. I think Diana had more glow and was more charismatic, but then Charlene's charm is different. The French word "poudré" comes to mind, often used to describe colors and moods: rose poudré, bleu poudré, women who walk by and leave a light scent of poudre behind them, they all evoke an elusive quality, something light, ethereal, like a dream. There is room for any kind of personality in beauty and elegance. Charlene will be "The discreet charm of the aristocracy" (Bunuel' sslightly different film title). Other queens were very impressive, each in her own way. What a delight to be exposed to so many cultures, each in its most refined incarnation.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/05/18/article-2146404-1328DFE4000005DC-987_634x812.jpg

The lunch outfit - in general its a good look for the occasion but I neither like the baby blue nor the shiny material. I love the hair but I am put off by what we are not allowed to discuss. I hope it wont be that obvious very soon.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/05/19/article-2146404-132B1264000005DC-161_634x972.jpg

The evening outfit - absolutely stunning, great hair & earrings, clear, simple lines. Well done.

After I posted, I wondered about the relevance of comparisons. I think Diana had more glow and was more charismatic, but then Charlene's charm is different. The French word "poudré" comes to mind, often used to describe colors and moods: rose poudré, bleu poudré, women who walk by and leave a light scent of poudre behind them, they all evoke an elusive quality, something light, ethereal, like a dream. There is room for any kind of personality in beauty and elegance. Charlene will be "The discreet charm of the aristocracy" (Bunuel' sslightly different film title). Other queens were very impressive, each in her own way. What a delight to be exposed to so many cultures, each in its most refined incarnation.

Oooh, that's a nice post, love the words and agree!

Beautifully written post, indeed. You Do have a gift of words, Iloveroyals. :)

She is really getting it right lately. LOVE the tiny brooch on her sweater!

OOOPS! I guess they are three tiny gold buttons. My bad. :(

:previous:
You were right though; the buttons do look lovely. They save the blouse from being overly formal and boring.
Overall, nice look on Charlene.

Charlene looks nice. I love the dark blue sweater.

Indeed The Dark Blue looks Nice On Charlene , Her Outfit Looks Much Better Wihout Jacket .

Nice outfit for the event, and I really like the navy sweater with the accent buttons.

I like the two shades of color on the front but I am not fan of such prints on outfits. Her overall looked nice, simple and appropriate for the event.

Really liked Charlene's look at the evening reception at Buckingham Palace - the dress was lovely and yes she stuck to he rpastel colour but i think this time is worked perfectly.

Wasnt so keen on the satin blue suit for the Windsor Castle lunch

Very uggly jacket. It makes her look voluminous and shapeless!!!

The inside is nice!

Princess Charlene at the Monte Carlo Grand Prix race circuit on May 24, 2012, wearing a jacket and pants,
looks nice and modern:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **

Her sandals look invisible which are pretty cool.
I like her jacket but I do like her pants, the shade is off. A more tan colored would've worked nicer.

Finally some pants that's not as wide as all the others ones she wore before.

The last two outfits were disappointing imo. I hate the two-coloured jacket and the last outfit I found too casual, Albert is in a suit after all. Ugly shoes.

i love the latest 2 outfits , although the sandals in the grand prix are terribly ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom