Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 4: April 2012 - June 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually do not mind the coat, just not on Charlene! It is too much for face. Actually, this whole outfit was too much, in the sense of too large and bulky, for me.

As stated several times before:
We won't speculate about any possible pregnancies - speculative posts will be deleted without notice!

Look at the videos on the princely family events,we see what she wore under her cape coat or rain coat, the outfit is in cashmere, warm, confortable and elegant.

I actually do not mind the coat, just not on Charlene! It is too much for face. Actually, this whole outfit was too much, in the sense of too large and bulky, for me.

This is an example of the jacket wearing the princess. The collar is so big that her face looks smaller. No jewelry except bracelets, no engagement ring, no earrings. All of the attention is drawn to the size of the jacket and not the princess. If the collar was not so large it might have worked for her.

her pants are very long but the overall look is great. She is tall, slim and can wear clothing well. This outfit minus the origami jacket looks very good on her and minimizes her broad shoulders. In this picture you notice her. Nothing overwhelms or distracts from her attractiveness.

The coat is a repeat, last time for some reason I quite liked it, this time, not so much. The whole outfit is a miss for me.

I was thinking the same thing too. Why did I like it when Charlene wore it to the special education school in Shanghai but I don't like it when she wore it to Porto? I think that the occasion of the Wine investiture is a traditional ceremony with history to it. The visit to the children's school involved playing with children and Charlene played a few sports with them. In Porto, the cape and hats were red and black. Everyone is wearing a traditional cape and it looks a bit formal in a way.

Unfortunately the color scheme was a missed point. White and beige and black and red, is an interesting combination. The cape is huge, so are her slacks so it looks as if there is too much fabric. She is a tall woman and the jacket is too huge and too bulky and it is BEIGE again.

I don't know how to discribe this outfit. I have no words for it.

Wool Folded Origami

Last edited:
The HUGE collar on the coat is too much for me. I love her new hairstyle.

The outfit under that blanket/coat looks quite okay for me too.
And her short hair are great to this look.
But the red coat and the black hat is even better!!!
http://www.vox.com.pt/noticia-detalhe-media.asp?id=448073&t=Confraria-do-Vinho-do-Porto-entroniza-Pr%EDncipe-Alberto-e-Princesa-Charl%E8ne

:previous: Agree about the red coat and black hat! Superb! :flowers:

Her haircut is inspired - how pretty she looks - and it just works. She doesn't have all this hair to contend with in any way - either flowing or as a ponytail or a bun. Perfection. I have a personal fondness for the pixie haircut - but it absolutely works for Charlene. It helps that Charlene has an upright posture, she holds her head in alignment with her spine, so that she has a clean visual line from all sides, no slouching forward or back.

Regarding the long wide pants: I suspect they are very comfortable, especially as it's clear she is wearing good fabrics. They must feel good against the skin. Most importantly, Charlene is covered - there is no flash of skin showing (not that I am against that just saying in regards what I am seeing here). When she sits - one doesn't see knees and there is never a threat of a wardrobe-malfunction for cameras. She can relax because she is not having to manage her wardrobe ensemble.

I commend her choices. :flowers: She is a pleasure to watch.

Last edited:
:previous: I agree, she does look great in the red and black. Actually, Charlene looks great in that style of hat and the pixie cut is great, especially when she wears her signature enormous diamond stud earrings . . . very chic!

There is something about the coat I really like I think the shoulder area is just too big for her. It has promise!!! I do love her handbag.

The green is really a lovely colour on her I like this outfit on her and her understanded appearances are charming. She has really surprised me since her marriage I had other visions of her being Definitely what she is not today... really pretty. IMO

This outfit is a miss for me. The color is nice, but there is something off about the outfit. I think it's the fit. It just sort of hangs off of her.

I do like her makeup though and I think her hair looks nice.

Charlene looks lovely, great colour for her. I like the way she dresses, not at all what most people expected, like a fake over the top barbie-doll. Instead, she is dressing very simple yet elegant, clear lines & cuts.

For me this outfit is a bit too simple, or too plain, I would love to see one piece of jewellery, the dress is too shapeless and short at the bottom.

The green's a nice bit of colour for a change, although the shawl emphasises her broad shoulders.

I detest those Louis Vuitton handbags, with that print all over it. There are so many knock offs of them around that they've lost the exclusivity factor.

Too beige; too dark, boring, What charlene will wear will always be criticed here, I like her outfit and the color green which is my prefered colour with the dark.
Charlene is very smart, I like her hairdo

Love the apple green outfit today, very spring-like indeed!

thank goodness! she has color in her closet!!!:) she should make an effort to wear more color! it really does wonders for her! she almost looks alive!

Lovely green outfit; nice to see color on her. But she looks pale and wan to me.

Last edited:
Love the color but I don't think it's flattering on her.

Wonderful outfit, perfect make-up and hairstyle ! She is really beautiful !

Love the apple green outfit today, very spring-like indeed!
Yes apple green is very hot this year. By strange coincidence, I am wearing the same color as I type this. The other color that is everywhere is tangerine orange. Very spring/summer/palm beach a la Lily Pulitzer.

I'm glad to see some color on Charlene.

For today's visit to Les Devens Leisure centre at La Turbie, Charlene wore a beautiful lime green dress with matching shawl, and nude shoes.
I really do like this look; Charlene looks elegant and fresh.

- The whole look 1
- The whole look 2
- Close up
- Makeup
- Shoes
- Bag

Beautiful - great pictures. That haircut is a winner all round. (Knobby knees, though. ;) ) Love the color - looks elegant and fresh, as someone said. Nothing is overdone. Totally approachable - I think Charlene is showing us how its done. She is setting a new bar for a Princess. Good for her.

The green's a nice bit of colour for a change, although the shawl emphasises her broad shoulders.

I detest those Louis Vuitton handbags, with that print all over it. There are so many knock offs of them around that they've lost the exclusivity factor.
In France, if you carry a 'knock off' Louis Vuitton, you are either arrested or slapped with a huge fine, so that I am glad the Princess is carrying the real thing to show solidarity against counterfeiters! I hope and trust that board members will also honour the intention of the princess and fight fakes!:flowers:

Clean lines, letting the beautiful fabrics speak.
Do we know who the designer is?

She looks like a boring kindergarten teacher; she still also hasn't learned how to style short hair.

Great dress for summer and a lovely color on her. Soft shades suit her well, better than beige and greys iMO. Charlene seems like a person who is not a fan of print or fussy outfits, everything so far been clean/straight lines/cuts and solid colors. I would like to see her accessorize her looks a bit with a brooch or small nice earrings/bracelets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom