Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 17: June 2019 - November 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The last 2 efforts and IMO really unflattering terrible infant. Yes I agree though the hair is much better

There has been a ‘sea change’ in the recent outfits worn by Charlene. I love some of the softer fabrics and the increased use of colour and patterns. However, I don’t think the styling has worked well, and agree that bizarrely they have had the effect of making her appear stocky. I’d like to see less flowing and more fit.

Sorry the length is horrible and the outfit reminds me of a pajama outfit Sofia would wear. Too old for her.

I am just getting caught up on things. I was thinking more of Auntie Mame! It would look great on Rosalind Russell.

The outfit she wore for the twins 1st day of school is totally bizarre. I don't get the long sheer part for daytime wear - evening cocktail party at the Yacht Club maybe but 1st day of school - big no. I must be the only one who doesn't care for her current hair style. I thought she looked better when it was short.

Quite a change of style recently indeed. I wonder whether she found a new designer and just bought all/most of his/her outfits (the picnic outfit might be by the same designer) and is wearing them somewhat independent of the occasion?

Last edited:
This is a bit of a weird outfit for taking your children to school, IMO. I'd think the same if I saw a local mother walking her children to the school at the end of my road. Not sure about Charlene's look at all.

Although it is good to see her, this whole look is like something you throw on quickly to pop to the shops. Hair looks pretty lifeless too.

I quite like the black dress, and grey coats are in fashion this year I believe?

Both special kudos for being able to walk in shoes with those heals, I couldn't do it to save my life :lol:

The grey Louis Vuitton coat is really nice with the black dress,the Princess looks elegant today.

The gray coat is beautiful.

Off-topic and speculative posts have been removed. Thanks for your understanding!

Not keen on the selves less jacket. Everything else looks nice ...

The top half reminds me of a nuns habit it looks like a strange combination.

I suspect I would like the skirt and turtleneck if I could see them but they are hidden by that awful vest. It seems an odd color combination for something to do with Christmas. However, brighter doesn't tend to be Charlene's style.

What is going on here? She looks like she just sucked a lemon the outfit is so boring and almost sinister in the true sense of the word.. this woman if not happy with her role in life really needs to chose to be happy this is not ok I am shocked

Looking at some of the individual parts, I like the boots and skirt. The top is a little strange, but not dreadful. I seem to recall a festive event last year - the distribution of Christmas gifts to children, where I think she wore black. Another strange choice. Over on the National Day thread, the Daily Mail has a large gallery of today’s event including several where she is wearing glasses and she is smiling. What a difference it makes.

A miss. Even if she it purposefully avoiding the spotlight to let the charity be the star of the day, there are less bag-like choices. I just hope it is very comfortable. :flowers:

Not a fan. It looks like some weird schoolgirl uniform from the Alps circa 1935.

As for her face and hairstyle, it's kinder to say nothing.:ermm:

:previous: YIKES! Bring back the Pixi Cut, please. Her hair is too thick and straight and the "curls" are already falling out of her hair but since it makes her look a lot older and drags her face down I say off with it! It is very ageing and obviously magically affects the psyche if the skirt is to be explained.

Did she shop in her grandmother's closet or something today??? She looks like an old baba from decades ago, just missing the head scarf.

The skirt is horrid. And the weird vest over the turtleneck even worse. :sad:

Tonights look is just.....I guess the sparkly jacket goes with the event.

Agree she needs her shorter hair back. Both her and Letizia look better with shorter hair styles, Charlene much shorter of the two.

If i didnt know any better, i would think everyone in that photo except Prince Albert is attending a post Halloween costume party. Boy George looks particularly sinister.:ohmy:

If i didnt know any better, i would think everyone in that photo except Prince Albert is attending a post Halloween costume party. Boy George looks particularly sinister.:ohmy:
Boy George has been doing Post Halloween drag since the early eighties so he's staying true to his own esthetic.

For the Red Cross, Princess Charlene wore a Dior skirt with Loro Piana top and gilet.
https://theroyalcouturier.com/2019/...hand-out-presents-at-the-red-cross-in-monaco/

For the opening of Boy George's exhibition, she wore a Givenchy top with a stunning Louis Vuitton coat (it's $12,700)
https://theroyalcouturier.com/2019/...-vuitton-at-boy-georges-art-opening-in-monaco

I think the outfit for the art opening is very fitting to the hip nature of this particular exhibit. Kudos to her for being channelling her eccentric side and trying new things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom