Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 14: July 2016 - February 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^I agree. I think that with her height, slim figure and carriage she is one of those few ladies who can look good with any hairstyle and wear just about anything clothes/style wise. But I must admit I do prefer her hair a little longer since there is so much you can do with it as she has shown over the last couple of years. When a little longer it looks a lot more feminine imo as opposed to the androgynous look of the shorter style.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

I just do not like her hair too short as I find it too severe. I love it longer as it is softer and much more feminine. JMHO..

udyusa, I partly agree. Because since Charlene has very fine hair, a longer style will make it look scraggy and unkempt. Maybe just a teeny, weeny bit longer.

The princess looked very chic and I've just spotted Prince Harry!

November 11 outfit was casual and nice.
November 12 was too masculine looking IMO.

P Charlene looked very elegant and smart in her black ensemble. Pity the match didn't go our way, though.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Looks great both days. I really like the look today, masculine or not. But u find she is wearing too much makeup, especially with such casual looks.

Very smart looks, but way too much makeup. (Her severe hairdo doesn't help either.).

She's a gorgeous woman, but especially the 12-11 look is too severe for my taste (actually...my first impression was a reminder of a certain "allo allo" character :lol: )

The look Charlene sported today is too androginous for my tastes. It is true that most of the time she looks great with everything, but that cut of her doesn't do her any favor imo.

I prefer yesterday's look to today's look, I think her coat is beautiful and I like her jumper too, it looks soft and cosy. I'm not a fan of today's look, I agree that it's rather masculine but it also reminds me of school uniform.
I think her hair is also a little on the short side for me.

I like the dress but I would like to watch the jewellery she wore, they seemed aazing

Yesterday, she paid tribute to the dead south african soldiers of the two last wars

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1265434583476754&set=pcb.1265435326810013&type=3&theater

I would like to see her more about the coat and the hat

Someone on one of the Sophie/Camilla/Catherine fashion threads or the Remembrance thread posted they thought a black pillbox was more perfect for the balcony than what the ladies chose. Then I saw these photos and though "Well, here you go." This facebook post about Rhodesia melted my heart. Thanks. :flowers:

Last edited:
The Princess of Monaco continues to show 'em how it's done. ;)

She is amazing imho, simply amazing!

The remembrance outfit was spot on. I like how she wore a grey coat when everyone else wears black. The pillbox hat was the perfect choice.

The red gown, elegant and timeless.

The remembrance outfit was spot on. I like how she wore a grey coat when everyone else wears black. The pillbox hat was the perfect choice.

Yes it and very dignified given the occasion,looking forward to seeing the National Day outfits!

The red is stunning, and as always her accessories amazing :flowers:

I think she looks polished and lovely at the memorial. I love the gray :)

I don't think pill boxes any more or less appropriate than a proper hat. Etiquette dictates simply that it not be over sized or outlandish in decoration. None of the Brit ladies were.

I love, love, love pillbox hats and think they are timelessly elegant.

Fascinators are bizarre, like something a Martian would wear. The only thing "fascinating" about them to me is why they seem so popular in Britain.

Thank goodness Charlene seems to avoid ever wearing them.

Last edited:
I love, love, love pillbox hats and think they are timelessly elegant.

Fascinators are bizarre, like something a Martian would wear. The only thing "fascinating" about them to me is why they seem so popular in Britain.

Thank goodness Charlene seems to avoid ever wearing them.

indeed, i am glad charlene uses normal hats too, particularly because she looks great in them. it is not easy to carry hats when not used to them, and she managed right from the start.

the popularity of fascinators is easy to see though: they are light, easy to carry and add a more 'youthful' look, so no wonder it has become a favourite in britain and particularly among the younger generations. although fascinators are okay for younger royals (of the likes of kate, zara, beatrice, eugenie, charlotte, etc), i think charlene (or women of her age) do well in wearing hats, particularly to an event commemorating veterans and those who lost their lives.

She's a very classy dresser!

Princess Charlene wearing Monaco's national colours at the distribution of presents as part of this year's National Day celebrations today, November 17 (though it's a bit more white than red ;)):

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **

That maxi coat reminds me of a the coat Charlene wore during the introduction of the twins in January 2014. I don't think it is the same though, but very similar. Still not fond of her hair, but it looks perfectly coiffed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom