Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 14: July 2016 - February 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, wow! I concur with the above posters: "va va voom" is indeed the best description for Charlene's latest gown.

It's a beautiful gown and a lovely colour, with earrings to die for. However, for some reason I can't quite explain, I don't find it the wow look it should be. Perhaps it's her makeup or hairstyle ( has she gone a little darker?) Of course I am judging this against the very high bar she regularly sets.

She was stunning yesterday evening, I loved the red dress and the earingsI also loved the back of the dress, We saw it in other photos

It's a beautiful gown and a lovely colour, with earrings to die for. However, for some reason I can't quite explain, I don't find it the wow look it should be. Perhaps it's her makeup or hairstyle ( has she gone a little darker?) Of course I am judging this against the very high bar she regularly sets.

I find the dark lipstick against the pale skin is giving me a vampire vibe about her makeup, but the gown itself is to die for. She wears it perfectly..

The back of that dress is slaying me! Also the earrings and bracelet. The front is beautifully designed, if a bit too fussy for my taste. But then I'm not the one wearing it.
I give her so much credit for wearing couture other than what all the other royals are wearing.

Gorgeous! I don't recall Princess Charlene often going for bold brights. This is simply superb. The shoes, from what I can see, appear to be divine. Agree the lipstick needs to be less ghoulish.

I would love this with a ruby necklace and a slightly less dark lipstick, but by and large beautiful.

it's a great dress for her and she looked lovely but the only problem l have with it is the fabric if it was a different fabric it would have been the perfect look .

Last edited:
Gorgeous, it is Carolina Herrera, no wonder. Like the slightly darker hair and the earrings are fab. She wears the gown so well, love the silk taffeta.

I prefer Charlene in softer fabric gowns, this is too stiff for her. The only nice thing I like about this gown is the off the shoulders and the color. I found her lipstick too red/harsh especially against the red gown.

I agree dazzling, I prefer her in softer fabrics. But while this us not my favorite, she had done incredible gowns, she is still stunning.

The red is sensational. The if shoulder style, the earrings and darker hair are great.

Charlene when it comes to evening gowns, ks by far one if the most elegant royaks. She is modern, not the gaudy take princess, and i love that.

I'm in the minority but I don't like the top part of the dress at all.

Other than that, red is the perfect colour for Charlene.

I'm in the minority but I don't like the top part of the dress at all.

Other than that, red is the perfect colour for Charlene.

I agree with you, Duke. The colour looks spectacular on her, but the top part is a little off, I'm not a fan of the dark lipstick, the earrings are too long, and I really wish she would grow her her a little longer... But it's great to see her out and about -- and she certainly has grown very comfortable into her role.

I'm also in the minority as I am not wowed by this look. Love the red but totally dislike the lips and severe hair. She definitely needs to soften her look!

At first I was left really stunned by the beauty of this dress, but something on the bodice isn't right for me. A very good look though.

The red gown is amazingly beautiful.

Princess Charlene wearing this stunning red Carolina Herrere gala gown, not evening dress but a gala gown, is amazingly beautiful and the devine skirt is evokes the image of a ball or gala with romantic music and women in gorgeous gowns twirling beneath twinkling chandeliers.

Not a fan. Do t like the shiny material or odd pattern, looks like snake shedding skin. I do like her earrings.

I don't mind the shorter hair and I like the new hair colour but she doesn't need to match her foundation to it - her skin looks sallow/yellow and there is a clear demarcation line. I like the dress and earrings although not convinced silver earrings go with bronze/gold. Do we know the dress designer?

Last edited:
I like the green gown on the woman next to her.

LaRae

Not so much fan od the dress! Beautiful earrings!

The dress is from AKRIS.

Thanks - I'm not a big fan of Akris although I quite like this. I can't help wondering if the silvery colour might have worked better as a contrast.

I really do not like it on her ... I think that it is her hair .. IMO it is too short. I just think it is all not for her she needs a softer look and then perhaps the gown may not be "hard" looking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom