Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 13: November 2015 - July 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She looked stunning! Her hari was gorgeous too! Few women can wear such a dress imo.

Elegant and stunning! Love the neckline.. very flattering. The jewelry adds that special oomph. :)

that dress is a beauty.

i am also unsure if the designer of this bordeaux dress she wore some weeks ago (June 30, 2016, gala dinner held on the occasion of the 10th anniversary of the "Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation") has been found - it is truly outstanding! i love how simple and elegant it is.

charlene is nailing it as of late. she truly looks like the princess of monaco. did she get a stylist, maybe in the past year or so?

She looks like a goddess! Honestly, had I been there, I'd still be telling the story of "Charlene when I saw her in that Leger gown" 20 years on. Magnificent!

Stunning, stunning, stunning. What can one say.

Wow! Charlene looks amazing! She carries herself so elegantly & always with an ethereal quality!!! So beautiful!!

that dress is a beauty.

i am also unsure if the designer of this bordeaux dress she wore some weeks ago (June 30, 2016, gala dinner held on the occasion of the 10th anniversary of the "Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation") has been found - it is truly outstanding! i love how simple and elegant it is.

charlene is nailing it as of late. she truly looks like the princess of monaco. did she get a stylist, maybe in the past year or so?

The bordeaux dress is not Akris, her clutch is though. I'm thinking it's a Dior piece from the boutique.

Simple solemly elegant look and accessories for the event

:previous: Perfect ensemble, one could almost say remarkably unremarkable!
Princess Charlene really knows how to dress for such an occasion. Her dress was so simple yet elegant and her hair and jewellery (earrings and cross) were properly restrained.

A very simple and dignified looking outfit and as were her jewels seeing as it was for a Memorial Mass.

The look was both simple and lovely, but I wish she would have had her arms covered. it was not so hot.

There was a lady behind her sleeveless as well so maybe not out of place

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I know but I still disagree. I am of the opinion that, at least in church one should wear sleeves

People wear what they want to church, today. It makes no difference.

There are no more code dress to attend a mass, it is very hot in Monaco

Nice is my native town, my daughter lives with her family in Nice, they were on the Prom when there was the terrorist attacj happily they are save but the friend of my grendson is dead, he was 10, his sister is at the hospital very injured after a coma also a dress without sleeves is not a probleme .the most important was that the princely couple was supporting us after this big tragedy

I find it hard to comment on fashion at a Mass which is held to remember those who perished in this most wicked of events. It was just good that the Prince & Princess were there to show Monaco's solidarity with her neighbour.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Melina Premiere -- Im very sorry for your grandson's friend. What a horrible horrible day, and what an awful time we live in.

I thought Charlene looked beautiful.

I agree, Scarebaby. It certainly is a scary time we live in.

I also thought that Charlene looked perfect for the sad event she was attending. Lovely and elegant.

Her look and dress was very appropriate for the event.

Charlene looked perfect. I am so sorry, Melina. Sometimes we feel badly, but it is just headlines. You have spoken of real people you know.

She looked lovely but I also would have preferred her shoulders covered in a place of worship. But then I'm old-fashioned like that and don't even like strapless wedding gowns...

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

She looked lovely but I also would have preferred her shoulders covered in a place of worship. But then I'm old-fashioned like that and don't even like strapless wedding gowns...

It's not being old fashioned. Shoulders should always be covered in Church as a mark of respect and Charlene's were covered so I don't know what the problem is.

I agree. If Princess Charlène had her shoulders covered in Church, it would have been perfect. She looked beautiful but also for me a bit too bare for Mass. She is The Princess of Monaco, not a coincidental touriste popping into an old church. So my expectations are higher too.

Her shoulders(and all that matters)were covered, only her arms were bare. Really, at a sad time like this, is it necessary to split hairs over whether she was appropriately dressed? Of course she was, bearing in mind it is Summer in Monaco , her appearance was understated, fitting the sad occasion.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

I'm sorry, it's not "splitting hair". We are all all entitled to our own opinions, and for me (and according to the technical definition of shoulders, which includes the joint on the upper arm), just a little cap sleeve or short sleeve would have done the job. This is a fashion thread and a discussion over appropriate dress code is relevant. So no, her shoulders were not completely covered. It was an official engagement; a religious ceremony in a place of worship. Apart from that the looked lovely.

She should of known better IMO. But so many disregard modest dress when they go to Church nowdays. She's just going along with the trend.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom