Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 12: March 2015 - November 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The hem of the aquamarine evening gown was just a tad too long on Charlene, but overall she wore it 100x better than the runway model did.

She is on a roll lately!;)

Not sure I agree with what she's doing with her eye make-up these days but it's her choice. She is definitely happy, simply beaming, and that's wonderful to see. That trumps everything! :flowers:

She's definitely shifting her style. More confident, maybe, to be herself. Hard to say what's happening but it's definitely a shift.

Last edited:
Moonmaiden23, we are referring to different outfits...I actually meant the one worn to the GP. And I agree with you on the evening gown.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Both outfits are a miss for me. The color of the blue gown is pretty, but I don't like the satin bottom or the extra long hem. The white dress is just odd looking. I will say that her hair and make-up look great.

Here's the outfit she wore earlier today.
Charlene de Monaco et Albert II : Emotions et sourires pour le couple princier

I really like that outfit. When it comes to her casual style, she always looks great.

Last edited:
Both outfits are a miss for me. The color is of the blue gown is pretty, but I don't like the satin bottom or the extra long hem. The white dress is just odd looking. I will say that her hair, make-up and earrings look great.

Unfortunately for me, something is changing that I do not find appealing. I have never liked excessive eye-make-up. It adds years to a face imo, maybe because I see so much of it in my work (the very young being caked with it). But it's her choice, and it's the last I'll say about it.

:flowers: She must be having fun with it else she would't do it.

Here's the outfit she wore earlier today.
Charlene de Monaco et Albert II : Emotions et sourires pour le couple princier

I really like that outfit. When it comes to her casual style, she always looks great.

She does look nice here. :flowers:

Last edited:
Not sure I agree with what she's doing with her eye make-up these days but it's her choice. She is definitely happy, simply beaming, and that's wonderful to see. That trumps everything! :flowers:

She's definitely shifting her style. More confident, maybe, to be herself. Hard to say what's happening but it's definitely a shift.

Lady N, she is definitely going for a heavier, smokier look around her eyes. For the twins' baptism she even had false eyelashes which I normally dislike but it looked great on her and made her features stand out more.

Overall the jury is out for me on the new "smoky eyes" look but overall she looks sensational. Her new confidence and happiness now is great.;)

I still think Akris is a hit/miss deal for her. Charlene's go-to Houses should be Dior, Armani, and Calvin Klein.

C4A, thanks for the heads up. I am not really sure how I feel about the white casual dress. I don't like or dislike it. The illusion effect around the shoulders is nice. Her makeup is beautiful.

Last edited:
I don't particularly care for Akris. I've only liked a few of the outfits she has worn from that label. Armani is another one that I find hit or miss. I think her best looks have come from Dior and Ralph Lauren. In fact, one of my favorite outfits was the purple Ralph Lauren gown.

Unfortunately for me, something is changing that I do not find appealing. I have never liked excessive eye-make-up. It adds years to a face imo, maybe because I see so much of it in my work (the very young being caked with it). But it's her choice, and it's the last I'll say about it.

:flowers: She must be having fun with it else she would't do it.

She does look nice here. :flowers:
I'm usually not a fan of heavier eye make-up, but it works for Charlene.

Here's a better photo of her casual outfit.

Charlene casual

Last edited:
Charlene is so distinctive and interesting in her fashion choices these days. She's no clothes horse but rather someone who is steadily gaining in confidence to be able to carry off difficult styles rather than play safe. I loved her outfit for the Grand Prix - and I might add she looked streets ahead of all the super models parading about the grid.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Okay, I've made up my mind. I really don't like the white summer dress at all and I don't understand why she wore those dark gray pumps with such a casual dress. But I love the outfit earlier with the white jeans, and the aqua gown is to die for.

She looks to be growing her hair out.

I HATE that Akris dress. With the changes (via a vis runway), the top and bottom look like two different dresses. The slit in the skirt looks like kids started pulling on either side of the original skirt and pulled the slit open. The fit on the shoulders is ridiculous.

I loved, what on my computer was the blue gown. Stunning. The white whatever it was the designer needs to get another job and I didn't like her hair. The4 last outfit was lovely and she looked great.

I would have liked the dress better with the original length. Didn't much care for her hair style. I loved the wink from PA. :)

May 24, 2015 - At the Monaco Grand Prix wearing a white Akris Spring 2015 dress

I think sh looked amazing!

Runway ** Charlene's outfit
Okay, so standing pigeoned toed is not very elegant, but those shoes sure beat the flats on the runway or (worse) the trending dreaded white running shoes!

I am not sure what she is doing with her hair, it looks great from the front, but the back, not so much. I hope she isn't trying to grow her hair out again because she really looks terrific with it in it's original short style and has seemed to find an amazing number of different ways of changing things up.

With her hair styled short she looks stylish, elegant and formidable. With it long she seemed wan and frail, so fragile she looked almost breakable. No, the drastic chop heralded a whole new Charlene in both style and sassy attitude and I am not quite ready to part with that quite yet.

I don't like the Akris at all yuk!! and the Dior is questionable for me I hate the nude shoulder thing and the cut at the front I like the model ready for tennis look does the dress justice IMO

The deep navy long gown was fabulous, I thought and the casual look with the white jeans was nice. I'm afraid I absolutely loathe the white dress, it's just a mess IMO.

I agree with the previous posts... thw white dress was atrocious... all those fringes were unnecessary and did nothing for her...

Thank heavens...I'm not the only one who thinks that dress should be burned at the stake.

LaRae

One of Charlene's worst outfits,what was HSH thinking :eek:

I liked it. The Princess' beautiful figure was framed and it was an appropriate dress for watching a Formula One Grand Prix in the own backyard... It was decent and at the same time daring. My compliments.

This dress is beautiful. I like her hair and earrings as well.

I agree, that blue gown was amazing. Very disappointed she missed the Sunday gala but this look was a great consolation prize. I also want to add that I remember she wore those earrings in the very early days of her marriage and I loved them then as well. She also wore a yellow and white diamond pair of the exact same design and I wondered at the time if it was one pair with interchangeable stones or two different pairs. The main question however was whether she owned them or whether they were a loan. Now they have appeared again nearly 4 years later I am thinking it's the former and I hope I'm right because they are just stunning.

This blue dress is perfect... so unlike the hideous frock she wore at the Grand Prix !

I think we must be the only ones who did not like Charlene's white dress...she made headlines with it. I still don't care for it, but way to go Princess Charlene!;)

How To Wear Summer White Like A Princess | Observer

It is notable how they cropped the photograph to avoid showing the unusual arch of the dress in front. ;) (Not even HSH Princess Charlene can make me like this new 'trend'/style. I can only shake my head in disbelief that she's opted for this bit of 'showmanship'). I can't help but imagine the Duchess of Cambridge wearing such a dress. The reaction would be riotous methinks (and in my heart of hearts, I'd agree). Curious difference.

Last edited:
It is notable how they cropped the photograph to avoid showing the unusual arch of the dress in front. ;) (Not even HSH Princess Charlene can make me like this new 'trend'/style. I can only shake my head in disbelief that she's opted for this bit of 'showmanship'). I can't help but imagine the Duchess of Cambridge wearing such a dress. The reaction would be riotous methinks (and in my heart of hearts, I'd agree). Curious difference.

Charlene is much more high fashion Kate is very predictable high street. Two very different styles one French one English one is not better than the other. But I do love to see what Charlene wears

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I don't the difference is curious two different women with two very different styles. I like that Charlene tries new looks.

Charlene is much more high fashion Kate is very predictable high street. Two very different styles one French one English one is not better than the other. But I do love to see what Charlene wears

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

As you say, I think the two ladies have very different styles. Charlene is certainly more high couture, whereas Catherine is a lot more classic elegance.

However, I don't buy the High Street bit. Catherine is rarely ever seen in High St clothes for higher profile engagements now. Increasingly, her clothes are bespoke, from UK based designers.

Last edited:

Princess Charlene with a special coat and a top and pants in white during a visit to the new mothers and babies at the Princess Grace Hospital on Monaco's Mothers' Day on May 31:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom