Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 11: November 2013 - March 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please provide a sample of what you think Charlene should wear. She's in her mid-30s and has a duty to a nation. It would be great to see what you think she should be wearing.

Personally, I think she is the best dressed princess in the whole of Europe, and I personally would own this outfit if I could.

Also, in the second photo of Charlene and the lady in the festive outfit at the old folks home, it looks as though Charlene is wearing a new eternity ring with her wedding band. Could be wrong, tho.

Sure! Thanks for asking!

- Milan Fashion Week - February 25, 2013 - WHO WORE IT BETTER? » MFW Day 6 | Princess Charlene of Monaco & Princess Tatiana Blatnik FROW at Giorgio Armani
- Ralph Lauren dinner - September 2013 - Princess Charlene of Monaco In Ralph Lauren - Ralph Lauren Dinner » Red Carpet Fashion Awards
- Ralph Lauren film screening for P. Grace Foundation - Ralph Lauren's Screening Of Hitchcock's 'To Catch A Thief' Celebrating The Princess Grace Foundation » Red Carpet Fashion Awards
- Love Ball in July - Princess Charlene of Monaco In Atelier Versace - 'Love Ball
-Armani Prive for Wedding Gala dinner - Princess Charlene of Monaco In Armani Privé - Wedding Gala Dinner » Red Carpet Fashion Awards
- National Day in 2010 and 2011 - Monaco: Fête Nationale and Princess Charlene’s Style | Haute Today
- Princess Stephanie Youth Foundation lunch in March 2013 - MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH
- Mandela memorial service last week - MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH
- Monte-Carlo Munchkins Club opening - Dec 4 - MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH
- Charity gala in November - MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH
- Lunch with Michelle Obama in NYC - MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH (though I wish she went with a brighter color)

Is that enough? I'd be happy to provide more!!:flowers:

You did a lot of work and I should have been clearer. What do you think she should have worn instead of what she wore. Most of your examples can't be compared to her coat as they are either gowns or summer sleeveless things.

Thanks for the effort, tho. Nice to see all those photos again.

Charlene today, December 18, at the annual Christmas party for children at the Princely Palace - love the idea of the skirt, the whole outfit is lovely for the occasion.

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 **
This look is devine! Love it from head to toe. The skirt/kilt is amazing!! Can't find one thing to say otherwise.

Absolutely divine!!! Perfect and yes festive! Love the bolero, she should make that her signature. The red kilt is perfection also.
Festive without being corny.
Charlene is wearing a skirt and bolero that only those with her height and figure can. That is what she or anyone "should" be wearing. What looks well on them, and making it their own.
Now if only she had worn earrings and a necklace, pearls??

I loved the black coat. And this bolero and skirt are so beautiful. The cut, the color and the flow are lovely. These designs seem truly made for her. But I would love to gracefully swish around in them myself. One would feel like a princess.

Is that a zipper down the kilt? If not piping? In either case it's edgy and perfect on her. I'd have loved a pewter button earing - not too big. But that would have been icing on the cake. :flowers:

You did a lot of work and I should have been clearer. What do you think she should have worn instead of what she wore. Most of your examples can't be compared to her coat as they are either gowns or summer sleeveless things.

Thanks for the effort, tho. Nice to see all those photos again.

Is that now in the forum's rules? We have to provide alternatives every time we don't like a garment?? Seriously-that was my opinion-you clearly have another opinion. I can think of a lot of capes and coats that look less like a 70-year-old going to a Junior League meeting and more like a 35-year-old princess consort.

I love the kilt. Charlene should definitely wear this the next time she visits Scotland.

Is that now in the forum's rules? We have to provide alternatives every time we don't like a garment?? Seriously-that was my opinion-you clearly have another opinion. I can think of a lot of capes and coats that look less like a 70-year-old going to a Junior League meeting and more like a 35-year-old princess consort.

Your snotty reply about a 70 year old is quite offensive. Age has nothing to do with fashion. Queen Elizabeth has always been out of style, until recently, and looked like she was "70" when she was "30". Charlene dresses beautifully, most of the time. I assume you always dress, perfectly. On the other hand, I who am 72, must look like I am going to the Junior League. The coat looked nice, I have seen what younger people consider "style" and would flush those clothes. Sorry, don't be so dramatic in being so judgmental.

Personally, I think she is the best dressed princess in the whole of Europe, and I personally would own this outfit if I could.

I agree with you, Kitty Atlanta, and to think this is a girl who used to spend her life in a swim suit/ tracksuit every day!...

I love it how they're always holding hands, to me it says they are really happy together...

Add me to the "Best Dressed Princess in Europe" chorus. I think the Princess of Monaco is in a league all her own!
;)

Your snotty reply about a 70 year old is quite offensive. Age has nothing to do with fashion. Queen Elizabeth has always been out of style, until recently, and looked like she was "70" when she was "30". Charlene dresses beautifully, most of the time. I assume you always dress, perfectly. On the other hand, I who am 72, must look like I am going to the Junior League. The coat looked nice, I have seen what younger people consider "style" and would flush those clothes. Sorry, don't be so dramatic in being so judgmental.
I was also taken aback at the previous poster's abrupt reply. As a member of the Junior League, we also have many members in their 20's, yes, age has nothing to do with it.
Age and money have nothing to do with style, as QE has demonstrated, (above) who was so very out of style with all resources available, until recently.
Happily, Charlene has money and style and a fabulous height and figure. Now if we could just get more jewlery...

Oh, it's delightful to come on this thread, and see people being attacked for their opinions. Heavens, it's OK to think differently. This is not USSR (thank goodness)! Live, and let live, that's my take. In relevance to Charlene's outfit today, I think it's lovely. Very Scottish, and original. Not too many people can pull that look off, but she does, and does so very, very well.

Not a fan of the black coat. I think it's kinda ugly.

Sorry, but this looks way too old for her. This would be a good look for Silvia or Sonia, but not for Charlene.
I agree. The coat definitely ages her. She has some lovely coats, but this isn't one of them.

Love the tartan skirt...the whole outfit is perfection.

Last edited:
I'm coming in late, but I LOVE her in the long tartan skirt and bolero. One has to be tall to wear something that dramatic and she pulls it off beautifully! Very festive, as well. She does not need any jewelry with this outfit!

If you read my reply, you'll notice I said nothing about older ones dressing badly. I merely suggested that the coat aged Charlene. Surely it's not outrageous to suggest that the way an older woman dresses is not usually the same as how a younger woman would choose to.

As far as the fashion choices of younger women today, I completely agree with you. Women today think dressing like harlots makes them sexy. It doesn't. Therefore, I would never advocate Charlene dressing in this manner.

I love how I'm being attacked for my opinion about a coat, but the poster who suggested that I should provide pictorial evidence for my sartorial opinion gets nary a mention. :bang:

Once again, I know this is going to sound impossibly brave and daring, but I don't quite agree that Charlene's coat was the best choice for her.

Age and money have nothing to do with style, as QE has demonstrated, (above) who was so very out of style with all resources available, until recently.

Happily, Charlene has money and style and a fabulous height and figure. Now if we could just get more jewlery...

I don't agree about QE at all. She dressed in classic styles (that never go "out of style") that flattered her figure. Also, she wasn't afraid to dress it up and always dressed appropriately. Charlene and every other royal would do well to imitate this, as they usually do already.

Last edited by a moderator:

Charlene today, December 18, at the annual Christmas party for children at the Princely Palace - love the idea of the skirt, the whole outfit is lovely for the occasion.

I really like it. The the bolero an red kilt looks nice together. Perfect from head to toe.

What a lovely festive look on the Princess,fits very well for the event :xmasbell:

I love the long tartan kilt!
I wonder what fabric the little jacket is? Velvet would be perfect...
Very seasonable outfit altogether.

Charlene looked very elegant and festive in her kilt, I like the tartan.

Last edited by a moderator:

A nice recycled dress in red for Princess Charlene at the inauguration of the Nobu restaurant at the Fairmont Monte-Carlo yesterday, January 8:

** Full view ** September 2012 **

The Princess is wearing a bracelet and rings this time :flowers:

I love this look. Charlene looks classy.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using The Royals Community mobile app

Charlene looks elegant, I love that shade of red. Although I have mixed reviews about her shoes.

Is the fabric suede? I like this dress - simple but still striking, and a lovely colour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom