Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 11: November 2013 - March 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a fantastic dress but for an official welcome ceremony of a head of state, I expected some more decorum. Something more 'dressed', preferrably with hat and gloves. After all Charlène is HSH The Princess of Monaco. Her sister-in-law Princess Caroline for sure would have spiced it up!

But the dress on itself, apart from this specific event, nothing wrong with it.

Last edited:
Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 11: November 2013 -

Just looking at the photos on the current events thread, and I do agree that perhaps a jacket plus a handbag might have been appropriate particularly when you look at the appearance of the wife of the president and also bearing in mind the formalities of the occasion with the inspection of the guard etc. But it is still a lovely choice of dress for the visit.

The more I look at it, the more I like Charlene's dress. It fits her well.
At first it seemed to me that the dress is all white, but thankfully not. A combination of a black-and-white is really nice.

I love this dress & the heels, very classy, whether it's the right attire for this specific event I dont know. I'd chosen a more formal suit.

Love the dress but as others have said it is probably not formal enough for this event. I would like to see the dress again at a different event.

The heels are by Dior. I assume the dress as well as very similar styles where shown in his collection. I love the dress and the fit but I don't like it in the color, its too crisp white for me for such an event.

It is a fantastic dress but for an official welcome ceremony of a head of state, I expected some more decorum. Something more 'dressed', preferrably with hat and gloves. After all Charlène is HSH The Princess of Monaco. Her sister-in-law Princess Caroline for sure would have spiced it up!

But the dress on itself, apart from this specific event, nothing wrong with it.

I agree, the dress would've been more suited to a sporting event, such as a tennis match or the Grand Prix. That aside, Charlene looks elegant and the dress itself is nice, apart from the black strip on the side.

Princess Charlene in a nice black dress at the African art exhibition "Myths and Rites" in Monaco on May 7:

** Pic **

On May 8 she visited the Princess Grace Hospital wearing a dress in creme, that also looks good on her from what can be seen:

** Pic **

She looks so washed out in that black dress! No like. :ermm:

I like both the black sheath and the cream/beige one. No frills elegance, which seems to be Charlene's stock in trade "look".:)

I like the little "bolero" look at the top of the black sheath, but her hair is too severe. The beige is typical Charlene.

Smart, tailored work wear which is what she is doing, but essentially boring blah. I wish she would wear more bright colours - she can really carry them off well.

Sent from my HTC One using The Royals Community mobile app

Yes much too casual for an official event.

Yes far too casual. She looks lile she's going for a stroll in her garden !

Charlene at a school naming today. Too casual?
You are right. The ensemble is simple and understated. However, it seems to be more appropriate for some non-official activities.

Last edited:
I really don't get her sometimes. Did she not look at how Albert was dressed and think to herself, well perhaps I need to have a rethink?

This is a total miss for me...and I luv Charlene.

I like the colour of the green dress but I am not keen on either the design or the material (it looks like coat cloth) and I don't like the shirt underneath. The school outfit is fine in itself but a tad casual and once again, from the 50 shades of creige range.

Sent from my HTC One using The Royals Community mobile app

My first reaction was to agree with posters above that P Charlene's outfit for inaugurating a school was too casual. But then I saw this video via Twitter:

http://royalcorrespondent.com/2014/...onaco-visit-carlat-and-calvinet-france-video/

It seems that the couple was scheduled to go down a mine shaft/dugout(?) or something...didn't see her emerge from there though and it looks in the video that she may have arrived seperately from the Prince (maybe still ill from the previous day?). So maybe the plan was to go down the hole and that explains the casual clothing...

The only redeeming element of this ensemble is rich green colour. The rest is just awkward.

I liked the outfit she wore to the African art exhibition, it looked great on her. The outfit Charlene wore to her visit to the Princess Grace Hospital is nice and simple. The green outfit looks nice on Charlene but it's not my cup of tea, and I do agree with the other posters about her latest outfit. Too casual for a royal engagement. I agree with assia, it looks like she's dressed for a walk in the garden rather than a royal engagement.

The first outfit is way too casual. I see some mothers at my school wearing similar things to drop off their kids (and then hit the stores), and the second outfit is a mess, safe for the color, which is quite lovely.

A sleeve-less coat? now I've seen everything. She looks like a tree. Bad outfit. bad choice.

Im not fond in a sleeveless coat but I have to admit that that is a lovely shade of green, on her and in general.

:previous: I agree, it is a nice colour on her but that's where it stops. There is something stiff and almost industrial about the fabric and it doesn't move with her. :ermm:

The blue dress Charlene is wearing on May 17 in connection with a Vuitton show is simply bad. I usually like Charlene's outfits, but this one is really bad and it is waaaayyy too short. A mini that short would perhaps be nice at the age of 16-18, but, Charlene, you are 36. It simply looks bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom