Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 10: October 2013 - November 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm somewhat on the fence myself about this gown. It's certainly a different look for Charlene, but I don't know......

Last edited:
I think that the Ralph Lauren gown is stunning. It didn't look so remarkable on the runway model. ButCharlene carries it off so well, she is gaining poise and confidence for public events. I remember that she looked so nervous when she attended the Hollywood Oscars. Now she is looking regal and at ease.

I like the black outfit she chose to walk around NYC. She fits right in. Not sure about the gown, however.

The Lauren gown in green is lovely except for the hideous ruffle around the neck. I love the silhouette, though, and how graceful she looks.

I think that the Ralph Lauren gown is stunning. It didn't look so remarkable on the runway model. ButCharlene carries it off so well, she is gaining poise and confidence for public events. I remember that she looked so nervous when she attended the Hollywood Oscars. Now she is looking regal and at ease.

I agree about that dress -- it's GORGEOUS! And to look better in it than the runway model... wow! She's so confident and comfortable. PA must be really proud. Would love to know more about the jewelry, and I do hope we get to see a clip with her speech too...

Well, all I can say is that if she got a new fashion adviser, she should keep him/her and pay him/her a nice Christmas bonus.

Well, all I can say is that if she got a new fashion adviser, she should keep him/her and pay him/her a nice Christmas bonus.

Yup- she's been hitting it out of the park lately and before that she was pretty blah for awhile.

Why would she need to borrow jewelry?

Actresses always do for the Oscars, Cannes and other events. Royal ladies just borrow from the royal family jewelry box. Perhaps the Grimaldi family does not have a treasure trove of jewels. Princess Grace had tasteful but simpler choices in her jewels. Princess Charlotte de Polignac left her jewels to Princess Caroline. sapphire choker, sapphire and diamond necklace worn as a tiara, sapphire cabochon ring, and the Cartier hanging pearl tiara with the diamond fringe necklace

Princess Charlene has two lovely tiaras and apparently is wearing the beautiful gifts of jewelry that she has been given.

Pcs Caroline also borrows jewelery. I remember a Bal de la Rose, a or 3 years after Pcs Grace's passing away, Caroline appeared with a magnificent set of diamond jewelery, including an enormeous and gorgeous riviera form necklace. The whole set was borowed by Van Cleef. I will a search for pics later.

Charlene in a black Akris outfit at a lunch for the Princess Grace Foundation in New York on October 30:

** Full view ** Upper part **

MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH

She looks fabulous. She's giving great 'face', too.

This is the most divine look I have EVER seen at her.
I am only WOW!
I am speechless by this Beauty. Just spectacular.
I also think - or is it the perfect line of the Dress - that she may have lost some Pounds?

Bye Bine

Charlene is looking so great recently,I am really happy that she finally found her style and she carries herself with so much dignity and elegance!
More than her style improvement I am glad to see that she seems to be much more confident and joyful, it is great to see that she has found new strength and we see her smiling more often at official events!

I've always thought Charlene looked good in everything, because with her frame - it all looks good. But she is starting more and more to look like her own Princess of Monaco.

The Ralph Lauren gown is stunning and she wore it very well IMO but I'm not fond of the collar.

Charlene in a black Akris outfit at a lunch for the Princess Grace Foundation in New York on October 30:

Her hair and makeup look really good. The dark lip is offset by minimal eye makeup, I'm really digging it! But the black dress looks a little more funeral that fun. The cut looks nice but can't really tell much else since the dress is dark and the pictures are dark. I would have like to have seen this in a winter white or cream color on her. Or even better a nice emerald green with a black belt and black heels. Maybe I'm getting carried away here.

Charlene's transformation continues. Yes okay it's black but the sophisticated and styled appearance is a million miles from some appearances earlier this year. Bravo Charlene.

I've always thought Charlene looked good in everything, because with her frame - it all looks good. But she is starting more and more to look like her own Princess of Monaco.

I agree. For a brief while when she was seeing Albert, I had fears that once she became his wife she would simply try to copy the late Princess Grace in every way.:sad:

But Charlene(stylewise) seems to be blazing her own unique path among the CP's. She has been clever enough to accept advice and guidance from the experts like Armani, Lagerfeld and now apparently Ralph Lauren, after what was a very rocky start in her early days in the Principality.

I have always thought she was very glamorous, the most naturally glamorous of all the current princesses in Europe.

Very dull outfit. Should have had something memorable for al the people who came to the lunch, either jewels or clothes.

Or maybe a circus clown, jumping around her. Please!!!! It is very nice and plain. She is comfortable and it looks very nice. People can be memorable without junk on them.

Very dull outfit. Should have had something memorable for al the people who came to the lunch, either jewels or clothes.

I agree. She looks as if she didn't make any effort to look nice. Kind of "shower and go". But she improved her style lately, so hopefully this outfit is just a slip up.

Quietly elegant. Anyone meeting a beautiful princess will remember her without any need of bling. And it is good to change her "look" often - if only to give forums something to talk about lol

I agree with both Argie and Frelinghighness, after looking rather good in previous occasions, the black outfit isn't my cup of tea.
As I have said previously, colors look better on her than no color.

I think the personal confidence is what makes the difference. Without it she would have looked good in this but with it she looks magnificent.

It definitely looks too funereal. Perhaps in a lighter colour but then I have never really been a fan of Akris.

I agree. For a brief while when she was seeing Albert, I had fears that once she became his wife she would simply try to copy the late Princess Grace in every way.:sad:

But Charlene(stylewise) seems to be blazing her own unique path among the CP's. She has been clever enough to accept advice and guidance from the experts like Armani, Lagerfeld and now apparently Ralph Lauren, after what was a very rocky start in her early days in the Principality.

I have always thought she was very glamorous, the most naturally glamorous of all the current princesses in Europe.
I think Charlene was given heaps of advice during her engagement and early marriage but somewhere along the line I think she just decided that she wanted to be herself . . . and the first thing to go was the long hair which I don't think she was ever really comfortable with. I think it was intended to be "Princess Hair" and she really did make a fairytale bride. But that was then and this is now. Charlene is emerging as a force in her own right and yes I agree that she is one of the most naturally glamourous of the current Princesses in Europe, it's just taken a little time for her to assert her own style on the Title "Princess of Monaco".

I agree. She looks as if she didn't make any effort to look nice. Kind of "shower and go". But she improved her style lately, so hopefully this outfit is just a slip up.

Oh, I disagree. This ain't no "slip up". If that's what "no effort" looks like, hell, none of us have to bother again! She looks fabulous and chic -- perfect for the occasion. There's nothing wrong with black and she wears it damn well. Gorgeous hair and makeup too. She can't seem to put a foot wrong these past few weeks. What a joy to watch when she gets it so right.

The dress that Princess Charlene wore at the luncheon was correct, not scandalous. it is black but the black is a color who makes you always slim and elegant. I find it however a little too long. But she wears her little earings ,she has a light make up and her hairdo is stylish. She must bring with her the hairdresser of New York to Monaco (...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well she is constantly changing her look and as for her makeup and coiffure, she has a chameleon like quality about her with different effects with different makeup and hair styles. This black Akris ensemble is understated and elegant, quite different from the black dress she wore in Russia that caused tongues to wagg. I do like how her shoes match her hair color! It is better to look appropriate and elegant than inappropriate and gaspingly wrong. She looks sweet and kind here.

Last edited:
Simple, but elegant. I do find it a bit too long, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom