Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 10: October 2013 - November 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To me she looks beautiful with natural make-up, she has very good skin and I always prefer women who wear a little bit less make-up than women who look "painted" ;-)
I am sure that Charléne´s purple dress would also have worked with a slightly different make-up, but the only no-go for this look would be to wear a lipstick that is too "flashy"- e.g a bright red lipstick would have ruined it!

Her make-up looked perfect to me. Any more and she would have looked like a painted doll.. way too theatrical with such a strong color gown.

Not my favorite dress but she looks very nice, I love the hair. I'm waiting for someone to come in the thread and ruin it by saying she should have had a tiara.

Now that would be impossible since this wasn't an occasion that required it, not that there would be any assurance that Charlene would wear a tiara for such an event anyway!:lol:

Last edited:
I saw a brief mention in one article that the dress was "indigo". Forgive me for not remembering which article. However, blues can be hard to photograph properly. So, maybe the dress was an indigo blue, but looked "purple" in the lighting? Did anyone else see this or wonder?

She looked very elegant and stylish in Russia!
The purple/indigo gown was stunning!

Last edited:
charlene looks every inch the monaco princess. what a dress! beautiful jewels too, so glad she used them to sparkle her outfit. she looks just fab. well done to HSH!

Princess Charlene is naturally beautiful. But, with this dress, hair style and jewelry she is stunning!!!

It's been a while since I last logged in here...I've been reading the comments, seen Charlene's fashion choices, but most of all, I have seen that some people hasn't changed.
THIS:

Somebody said me, this dress is perhaps not transpatent but it is ugly. It is your opinion of all here of this tread . No matter the taste of the princess Charlene, Charlene liked it and she sold it and she wore it.
All the sites of fashion are saying always that she is very elegant , There is an ocean between all of you who are conservativ and the sites of the fashion I often send you the links of these sites. She said that she wanted to do of monaco a town of fashion and she suceeded to make a fashionshow with Dior for the first time in Monaco in may. She designed the uniform of the students of Monaco, she half a new designer of Monaco Papa in wearing a dress of his collection at the . She designed the new uniform of the students of the schools of monaco with a new designer she wants also to help to launch. She will be at the head of a jury of a cars elegance races at the end of may. It is a fashion show with Cars . it will take place on the place of the palace and there are already many people who want to come to attend it .It will be a big event. Also I LAUGH when I read your comments, she must do that , she must ....Here on this beard, you don't like her for the beginning and you are always criticing her . She does a lot for the fashion and no matter of your critics; all the sites are saying she is one of the most elegant of the princess.and she does not need of your advices of persons which do not know of the fashion.

It's disrespectful, rude and i don't understand how you didn't received some kind of warning. Melina, you are disrespectful with all memebers that dare say something against your beloved Charlene and that's simply wrong. You have to understand that people have opinions and they are not always going to match yours. You can't simply say "I LAUGH of you" "your opinion doesn't matter" "if fashion blogs says she is elegant then your opinion doesn't count" and such. I'm absolutely sure you won't like that somebody say that to you.

And for the record, you shouldn't really pay that much attention to fashion blogs. They write what they are told to.

Having said that, i'll add that i loved how Charlene looked at the Ralph Lauren Collection, she looked gorgeous.

PD: sorry for the rant above, i had to get it out of my system.

I don't understand what is wrong with what melina premiere said. People are supposed to get a warning now for laughing at what other people post. I laugh at what some people post all the time. Hell I even threw away the book of an author that posts here because I found her to be ridiculous.

I don't understand what is wrong with what melina premiere said. People are supposed to get a warning now for laughing at what other people post. I laugh at what some people post all the time. Hell I even threw away the book of an author that posts here because I found her to be ridiculous.
People should respect opinions and not say that they laugh at their because they find their opinions ridiculous. Sure, she can think that, but saying it the way she said was rude, because according to her post, basically everyone that said that dress was ugly is wrong so she laughs at them. It's rude.

Charlene looks lovely in a burgundy gown for the opening of a Princess Grace exhibition in Philadelphia. The dress reminds me of a previous gown Grace wore and the one Diana wore to the Cannes film festival.
Colorado newsday

(Welcome back Nathalie)

Thanks Elly C :flowers:
Yes, the burgundy one is beautiful too. It's a nice color on her. I also like the shape of the dress, very pretty.

It looks like the Valentino Maxima wore in orange (and 1 shouldered) for her 40th birthday celebration.

Charlene looked really lovely. I love the deep color and the cut is very flattering.

Charlene looks stunning in the burgundy gown. Very flattering cut and color. Love her diamond bracelet, and it appears she is wearing both her wedding ring and her engagement ring!

Chaelene looks stunning in this burgundy gown.

TheRoyalCouturier published interessing photos of Charlene and Albert attending the gala of Sienna last week, I like also the dress and the news earings

The Royal Couturier

I agree with those above: this gown is lovely on Charlene, with a nice rich colour and a beautiful shape for her figure. She looks very nice, and very happy.

It's been a while since I last logged in here...I've been reading the comments, seen Charlene's fashion choices, but most of all, I have seen that some people hasn't changed.
THIS:

It's disrespectful, rude and i don't understand how you didn't received some kind of warning. Melina, you are disrespectful with all memebers that dare say something against your beloved Charlene and that's simply wrong. You have to understand that people have opinions and they are not always going to match yours. You can't simply say "I LAUGH of you" "your opinion doesn't matter" "if fashion blogs says she is elegant then your opinion doesn't count" and such. I'm absolutely sure you won't like that somebody say that to you.

And for the record, you shouldn't really pay that much attention to fashion blogs. They write what they are told to.

Having said that, i'll add that i loved how Charlene looked at the Ralph Lauren Collection, she looked gorgeous.

PD: sorry for the rant above, i had to get it out of my system.

I agree with you and I cannot tell you how many times I've pointed it out. But, melina only offends people, she never responds to people, she never responds to questions. She only defends Charlene, al all costs, and offends anyone whose opinion on Charlene is different than her own.

Many things, staring off with it's very rude and impolite to tell someone "I laugh at you", or "what you think doesn't matter" or "you don't know anything, fashion magazines know better than you". It's one thing to say "I disagree with you", but saying sth like the above is not appropriate. I highly doubt she would have said that in someone's face. And all that only because some people do not agree with her point of view on Charlene.

I think the color of the gown is a bit too pale, but the style is absolutely lovely.

I agree. If the dress would have been in a different colour, it would have been stunning, like that it's just OK.

Another disturbing outfit from Charlene, on Saturday night Albert and Charlene hosted a dinner for many Russian personalities from politics, from business, sports, science.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1375659_691067920905750_688656989_n.jpg
This dress doesn't look elegant at all with the lights of cameras, probably Charlene didn't know how it would look at the flashes. This dress is inappropriate for a dinner with Russian ministers.

This dress should be buried somewhere or only be worn at home, with Albert and no one else around. And esp not to a dinner with a minister. Charlene made yet another faux pas this time. Very poor choice.

Princess Charlene at a Ralph Lauren Collection Show and private dinner in Paris on October 8, 2013, wearing a long evening gown in a fantastic colour - looks great on her!

** Full view ** Side view ** Upper part ** Back view **

Now that's how real Princess should look. Great gown, amazing jewelry, nice hairdo. That makes me wonder two things: one: why can she look like this for a party / fashion show, but not while representing the country (it's not the first time she looks better for a fashion show / party than i.e. for the visit with Obamas or the Swedish Weeding...)? Two: for someone who, supposedly, do not like a jewelry, she wears quite a big pieces here. Very inconsequential.
And she's even happy here, with a real smile, not the fake one she usually has on the public functions. Seems like someone has the priorities wrong here.

Charlene looks lovely in a burgundy gown for the opening of a Princess Grace exhibition in Philadelphia. The dress reminds me of a previous gown Grace wore and the one Diana wore to the Cannes film festival.
Colorado newsday

(Welcome back Nathalie)

The burgundy gown is very beautiful, the colour suits Charlene, and the shape of the dress is great. Also, the jewelry is worn, again. Second great outfit in a row, let's hope the trend continues.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will not withdraw what I wrotte. It is my opinion, some persons have their opinion. I defend Charlene and some persons defend their beloved Princess Caroline or Tatiana or other persons . We are not in a dictatorship. We are on a forum where everyone is free to express himself. I have not been censored and the moderator does not need to receive advice from anyone.

The principality of Monaco gave money for the restoration of Beaux Arts of Paris. it helped Ralf Lauren to raise money for this. Charlene represented the principality of monaco. She was not only there to attend a fashion show.

I will not withdraw what I wrotte. It is my opinion, some persons have their opinion. I defend Charlene and some persons defend their beloved Princess Caroline or Tatiana or other persons . We are not in a dictatorship. We are on a forum where everyone is free to express himself. I have not been censored and the moderator does not need to receive advice from anyone.

The principality of Monaco gave money for the restoration of Beaux Arts of Paris. it helped Ralf Lauren to raise money for this. Charlene represented the principality of monaco. She was not only there to attend a fashion show.

Your opinions on Charlene are fine, but you should not write opinions on other people. That's the difference.
And, since, as you wrote yourself, "We are not in a dictatorship", let others have different opinions than yours and do not ridicule them only, because you do not agree.
Of course, again, as you wrote, "We are on a forum where everyone is free to express himself", so let others do that then, even if you don't agree with their opinions, and don't tell them their opinions don't matter.

And I think you are wrong, sometimes moderators may need a little help from people here, there is so many members and so many posts and only a few moderators, it's easy to overlook something.

Cinderella5, I am free to give my opinion as you also do it. If somebody is not agree with other person, he says it. i never criticed somebody here. I am not agree and I say it, and it is not because you writte in a a big black caracters that we must not say what we think about a dress or the elegance of Somebody. You find always something to critic Charlene it is your opinion and you say it and it is your right when you are not agreed with somebody and you did it very more often than me. It is also your right but it is also my right to do the same. I do not need to receive lessons of democraty from anyone.

I think that this speech is finished but I will not withdraw anything I wrotte .

The moderator does a very good work, he did not censored me and I think that he does not need to receive a lesson of anyone, from you , me or other persons of what he has to do.

Cinderella5, I am free to give my opinion as you also do it. If somebody is not agree with other person, he says it. i never criticed somebody here. I am not agree and I say it, and it is not because you writte in a a big black caracters that we must not say what we think about a dress or the elegance of Somebody. You find always something to critic Charlene it is your opinion and you say it and it is your right when you are not agreed with somebody and you did it very more often than me. It is also your right but it is also my right to do the same. I do not need to receive lessons of democraty from anyone.

I think that this speech is finished but I will not withdraw anything I wrotte .

The moderator does a very good work, he did not censored me and I think that he does not need to receive a lesson of anyone, from you , me or other persons of what he has to do.

i never criticed somebody here - not true, saying you laugh at our posts, or our opinions don't matter, or we don't know what we are talking about because some fashion magazines think different is, in fact criticizing us. And you've done that many times.

and it is not because you writte in a a big black caracters that we must not say what we think about a dress or the elegance of Somebody - please show me where I said that? It's also not true, I never said that.

You find always something to critic Charlene - another statement that is not true, if you read my posts, you would have known I say when I like and I say when I don't like, and it's only my own opinions, not magazines or blogs, like you show too often.

when you are not agreed with somebody and you did it very more often than me - what I did more often than you? Disagreed? Did you count all my posts and calculated how many times I agreed and how many times I disagreed? Really?

I do not need to receive lessons of democraty from anyone. - it wasn't a lesson of democracy I wrote, it was a simple explanation of how you cannot understand everyone can have their own opinion on any princess, and you can say you don't agree with that, but you cannot criticize or ridicule the posters, but I see you did not understand anything I wrote.

he does not need to receive a lesson of anyone - never said anyone needs to receive any lessons, please read my posts, before you respond to me.

Many times it is not so much what people say or write, but the way they do it. There are perfectly good words to express your opinion with politeness and respect for other people :) Just saying...

Many things, staring off with it's very rude and impolite to tell someone "I laugh at you", or "what you think doesn't matter" or "you don't know anything, fashion magazines know better than you". It's one thing to say "I disagree with you", but saying sth like the above is not appropriate. I highly doubt she would have said that in someone's face. And all that only because some people do not agree with her point of view on Charlene.

Meh. Like I said many people must laugh at what other people say on here all the time. I know I do. I'm rolling my eyes at the font you use right now and I don't care if that's rude.

Meh. Like I said many people must laugh at what other people say on here all the time. I know I do. I'm rolling my eyes at the font you use right now and I don't care if that's rude.

Your example is not accurate, the font I use has nothing to do with anything I wrote about. You don't like it, I do.
Laughing at people is rude, and if you don't care and you are being rude in purpose, than I have nothing to talk to you about.

Many times it is not so much what people say or write, but the way they do it. There are perfectly good words to express your opinion with politeness and respect for other people :) Just saying...

Was that to me? Don't think any of my posts ever disrespected anyone or was impolite.

Last edited by a moderator:
Melina is never rude. Some of the posters here, who do not like Charlene are rude. Everyone has outfits that are great and some which are less so. Charlene is stunning, always, but sometimes her clothing is less so. C'est La Vie.

Colorado newsday

(Welcome back Nathalie)

She does look good in this burgundy gown. Very flattering on her.

Thanks Elly C :flowers:
Yes, the burgundy one is beautiful too. It's a nice color on her. I also like the shape of the dress, very pretty.

Me too. Charlene wears evening clothes beautifully. She often resembles a high fashion model!;)

Time to move - if you wish to continue your personal exchange please do so via private message - further off topic posts will be deleted without notice - thanks for your understanding!

I see that recently Princess Charlene's fashion choices are trending towards more flattering and elegant gowns. I hope that she continues in this direction. Lately her choices have been stunning and so appropriate for her. She loves her off-the shoulder or strapless look and the past few gowns have been very beautiful for her coloring and body type. She is loyal to Akris but Akris's designes are not 100% suitable. Some Akris are very modern and suit Charlene perfectly, then again some are not. So hopefully Charlene will mix it up a bit and wear other designers creations. The burgundy gown and the purple gown are lovely.

The burgundy dress is a lovely dress and a lovely colour on her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom