Princess Caroline's Fashion & Style, Part 3: May 2012 - May 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know the season of this Chanel gown? (I am assuming it is Chanel)

I think to describe Caroline as "mutton dressed as lamb" is harsh and sadly indicative of how women over 50 can be labelled if they dare to continue to have fun with fashion. She is attending a themed ball, wearing a costume. She doesn't have to ensure her arms are covered up because the flesh isn't as taut as it once was. If she bobs her hair or choose a very light palette, It might not suit her, but I don't think this is an inappropriate or ridiculous attire for her to wear which is what I understand the expression to mean. She is simply enjoying entering into the spirit of the occasion.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

:previous:I agree Elly.HRH Caroline Louise Marguerite Grimaldi, Princess of Hanover and Monaco, could not be anyone's mutton if she tried. She is the most elegant of women, and in her own way exudes a natural regal dignity that few other Royal women on the scene today can match.

However, I don't think her costume was all that flattering to her for the reasons I posted above.

Last edited:
One of the reasons I follow Caroline is that I'm interested in fashion. I think she has fun with what she wears - sometimes it doesn't work or isn't to everyone's taste but at least she isn't boring.

No, she is definitely Not boring...ever! But imho, this dress does nothing for her at all. It just hangs like a nightgown and the color just washes her out. The only thing that I love is the gorgeous diamond tiara worn as a necklace!! Stunning!!!

The overall look isn´t anything speacial. The color of the dress really washes her out. I would have preferred that her arms had been covered.

The thing is, I am sure that a lovely dress which would have been more age appropriate could have been designed. I am firmly in the camp that women of a certain age do not have to cover themselves in a burka ..... but please, this dress was just NOT the thing for her to wear. I am sure there were many fashionable women of the '20s out and about that could well have been a good model.

I don't understand why some consider the dress not "age-appropriate". I've seen photos of women older-much older than Princess Caroline wearing sleeveless. Nancy Reagan, Betsey Bloomingdale, the late Nan Kempner..all of these so called style mavens were late 60 and 70 something women who routinely bared their arms in the 80's.

Caroline is just 57. If she had toned, firm muscles nobody would call her dress age inappropriate.

I don't think it was inappropriate for her age. Just unflattering.

Last edited:
I totally agree with you, Moonmaiden! I think it would be an unattractive dress on just about anyone! :(

caroline looks very smart at her fathers mass
I agree with you CDM think her hair would suit her better short now ,

Princess Caroline looking great in a blue jumpsuit and a lovely matching scarf at the opening of the 30th International Festival Of Fashion and Photography in Hyeres, France, yesterday, Apri 23:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

She looks good. The printed Chanel scarf was a great addition.

i love caroline in colours , she looks great !!! blue really suits her and the scarf is great !!

She looks fantastic. The scarf was indeed a great addition.

I'm sorry but we age everyone no one is exempt. I think her arms are fine so what they aren't the arms of a 21 year old. I think someone with no arms would love to have her arms. Aging is a part of life and I rather like seeing women looking natural and not filled with fillers.

She looks fabulous in these latest photos. She wears the scarf with real panache.

Think she looks lovely the colour is beautiful on her and the scarf stunning

A perfect choice for this engagement too. She looks great.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Stunning!!! She is aging well and not ruining her looks with Botox and surgery. Love the jumpsuit, and the scarf is to die for....

lovely suite and beautiful pearl necklace in the picture. but the most beautiful smile is the point.:)

Here is an article from Semana where we can see photos of one of the toilettes used by P. Caroline in Hyeres. In this article P. Caroline makes some interessting remarks about fashion and her relation with it. She says, for instance that she against fashion dictates, that today, some ancient fashion principles, like never wear white shoes after the 1st September or never wear diamonds before 5 pm , don't exist anymore... that today we have much more freedom,whereas before everything in fashion was codified. She also claims that P. Grace never wore jeans in her life and that her ( P. Caroline's ) generation was the first to enjoy such freedom regarding fashon and clothing...

Carolina de Mónaco, la abuela más glamurosa

Carolina de Mónaco, la abuela más glamurosa

Her comment about her Mother never wearing jeans is interesting. I could have sworn that I had seen pictures of her wearing them .... not often. Maybe she wore them as Grace Kelly and NOT Princess Grace of Monaco. :)

Her comment about her Mother never wearing jeans is interesting. I could have sworn that I had seen pictures of her wearing them .... not often. Maybe she wore them as Grace Kelly and NOT Princess Grace of Monaco. :)

Yes you are right. Pcs Grace worn jeans in pics but as Grace Kelly. They are some family pics where she is wearing jeans and loafers. I think advertising something.

GK memorably (and adorably) wore jeans in the final scenes of Rear Window, and there is a picture of her with actor Jean Pierre Aumont in which she seems to be wearing them. (google Grace Kelly in jeans). I've not been able to find any of Princess Grace in jeans.

Love her top! (..)

Last edited by a moderator:

Posts and comments about Princess Caroline's smoking habits have been deleted as off-topic. Thanks for your understanding!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom