Princess Caroline's Fashion & Style, Part 3: May 2012 - May 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the Celine outfit, but agree that the red bit of the blouse is distracting. I also love to see back views of dresses and this Gucci is one of the reasons!

What a beautiful Gucci dress! I just love it and think it is perfect for her (and me!). Love the see through back and sleeves mixed with ladylike styling and high neck. A dark blue or green would have been even better than the black.
Don't like the Celine coat, very mannish looking

her name is Caroline and yes, she looks always good. Almost.

Caroline at the Rose Ball in Monaco today, March 29 - the Chanel dress is not bad, but doesn't look good with that dressing gown ;). She seems to have injured foot or leg, which explains the horrible choice of shoes:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Close up **

Last edited:
I like the dress and the dressing gown ? and I like her earrings. I don't much like her hairstyle . She seems to be trying to make the sparkly trainers a feature.

Sent from my HTC One using The Royals Community mobile app

Karl is such a try hard and Caroline, you are not at the same age as Alex, leave the sneakers at home for her to wear.

I thought that the combination of the coat and the white shoes and stockings gave a very Japanese vibe to her ensemble. Very pretty.

I don't know, but I too think that the reason why Caroline is wearing trainers and carrying a cane is because she's had an accident. I just don't think she's the sort of person who would wear casual trainers to an event such as the Rose Ball. That aside, the outfit is a little busy for my taste, although Caroline manages to pull it off. She looks elegant.

The entire look is dowdy and busy and horrible. Don't understand the footwear. If she had an accident, which it appears to be, I still don't understand it. :sad:

Caroline at the Rose Ball in Monaco today, March 29 - the Chanel dress is not bad, but doesn't look good with that dressing gown ;). She seems to have injured foot or leg, which explains the horrible choice of shoes:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Close up **

I like the dress and the dressing gown ? and I like her earrings. I don't much like her hairstyle . She seems to be trying to make the sparkly trainers a feature.

Karl is such a try hard and Caroline, you are not at the same age as Alex, leave the sneakers at home for her to wear.

The entire look is dowdy and busy and horrible. Don't understand the footwear. If she had an accident, which it appears to be, I still don't understand it. :sad:
Well from Iceflower's photos it seems pretty obvious that she is wearing straight out trainers and carrying a walking stick. But that still doesn't explain the coat/kimona. And Florestane's comment that she seems to be trying to make her trainers a feature makes sense, after all, if you get lemons - make lemonade.

Empress Merel, I find it hard to imagine any way that Princess Caroline, fashionista supreme, would ever deign to wear trainers by choice. She is just too elegant for that. I can only imagine that her recovery is not as far along as Princess Victoria's which allowed her to at least wear ballet flats.

Duchessmary, that's a bit harsh. Are you saying that even having an accident doesn't get you a free pass on shoes? Or perhaps the choice would be a wheelchair with a lap blanket hiding her shoes or perhaps a polite letter declining to attend . . . ?

The combination of cane and sneakers clearly indicates that there was an injury so you can't fault Caroline for those accessories. The gown, though, is another issue.... :eek:

Last edited:
I thought the combination of gown, coat and walking-cane looked very reminiscent of ensembles of the 1910's.
I have nothing to offer re the footwear...

Oh, my, the dress and lounge robe are appalling. It is very rare that Caroline completely misses the mark, but I believe she could have done better with a simple pair of black silk pants, for example.

I think all the dresses worn by the ladies tonight , with the exception of Beatrice were all a bit of a nod to the theme of the evening which was constructionism. Geometrics ,wavy lines as in Charlene's dress, conical like Charlotte's. I think the trainers were because she has an injury. Just a guess.

Actually I take back my statement about Beatrice as I just saw a much better photo of her dress on the My Royals website and it definitely fits in with the theme.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wearing trainers with party clothing seems to be the latest fashion trend. In the catwalk version of Charlene's dress, the model is wearing black trainers, and the model in the catwalk version of Charlotte's dress is wearing trainers as well. I just don't understand this new look. I now think that Caroline was following it, rather than wearing them because she'd had an injury. Also, if she'd had an injury, I think it would've been reported in the media.

Last edited:
I love her makeup for a change not caked on very glamorous inspite of the sneakers which i am going to ignore, I like what she has chosen .. the colour gives her a softness she has lacked lately IMO.

Chanel fashion show last EP .. ALL models paraded in sport shoes ..

Haute Couture Primavera-Estate 2014 - Look 42 - CHANEL

Even so... they seem totally inaproppriated for the event. If. P. Caroline really is injured she should have chosen flat shoes instead, but actual SHOES, not sneakers!!! :eek: As for the dress, well i think it´s time for P. Caroline to understand that she doesn't have the body nor the age to pull off Lagerfeld's creations well anymore. :ermm: Models in the catwalk are young girls, tall and with a body building that allows them to wear Lagerfeld's dresses properly. P. Caroline is shorter than those girls and have quite a slender figure wich makes Lagerfeld gowns to hang loosely down her body ( as if she was an hanger... ) instead of falling graciously around her. She should wear designs with volume that would give her or accentuate her curves. :flowers:

Really does nothing for her, buried under that coat. The stick and the sneakers make me think she hurt herself. Love the earrings.

The earrings she wore then also before.
The dress is too full, can't really have an opinion ar the coat is covering it, and the earrings are fulling more the pic. The whole is too much.
As for the sneakers.. as another poster said previousely, even with a bad injury, she could even wear a pair of tongs but not this!
As for the supposed trend, it should be limited to catwalk, 14y old girls and to Lady Gaga, and stay away from soon to be 60 Ladies.

Glad to know so many people think that a grandmother should wear uncomfortable or even risky shoes in the pursuit of glamour after a knee operation. Her shoes were stylish and appropriate for a person recovering from knee surgery. I believe that the shoes recommended after such a surgery are ones with wide heels and cushioned soles- ergo, sneakers. Give the lady a break!

I thought she looked fabulous almost head to toe. As I said previously I wasn't keen on her hairstyle. I thought the trainers were cool - I hope she gets whackier with her old age!?

I am not crazy about her look. She is getting a little old to wear such silly fads. There are certainly more sophisticated shoes she could have worn with her injured knee.

Well, they certainly are different and colorful! Definitely practical for the occasion. She does like to stir things up a bit... Love her outfit with the pretty bead necklace, by the way. :)

I like it. Well, apart from the shoes. Has she had an operation on her feet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom