Princess Caroline's Fashion & Style, Part 3: May 2012 - May 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the decoration saves the drab colour. I think she wears it well. Perhaps she looks a little tired today, but she is still a stunning woman.

I think Caroline looks, most of the time, impecable in "official" engagements. Her dresses in Louxembug were not the best ones I have seen from her but I liked them. And I also think that we women must be all be grateful for her showing how we can age with grace, accept time changes in our body and still look good.

I don't know what happened to Caroline, she was the epitom of elegance! Where is her sense of style??? The black evening dress was a bit tacky imo because of the glittering fabric, and the suit which seems from Chanel looks like a bag:cool:

It is true again: de coloribus et de gustibus non disputandum est.
I thougt Caroline (together with Mary) was the best dressed guest.

I'm torn on this one. A more structured outfit woul have been maybe better... the details are gorgeous though.
On a side note she was quite a lonely and sad figure this morning...

thank you PC for some orginality and style instead of the "prom" dresses mentioned by another poster.
I love it all, she can wear it all.
I especially like the lighter beige decoration of the dress picked up in the cotton 3/4 gloves, shoes and clutch.

Unfortunately. smoking takes a toll on the body and is evidenced on the skin as well.

Last edited:
I think that the problem was with her hairstyle and headgear.

Princess Caroline, unlike her mother and her daughter, cannot carry chignons or updo's very well as these hairstyles age her more. Grace and Charlotte can have their hair loose or tie it up, and still remain their gorgeous, stunning selves. Not that Caroline looks hideous when her hair is up, but there is something about her face that changes -- tends to look more stern and severe and thus older.

If she just let her hair down and wore a wide-brimmed hat (say, like the one Charlene wore to William's and Kate's wedding), the look would have been younger and more chic. It would have also made the embellishments on the dress stand out more. As it is, the look is very busy because the head accessory was too distracting.

I think that the problem was with her hairstyle and headgear.

Princess Caroline, unlike her mother and her daughter, cannot carry chignons or updo's very well as these hairstyles age her more. Grace and Charlotte can have their hair loose or tie it up, and still remain their gorgeous, stunning selves. Not that Caroline looks hideous when her hair is up, but there is something about her face that changes -- tends to look more stern and severe and thus older.

If she just let her hair down and wore a wide-brimmed hat (say, like the one Charlene wore to William's and Kate's wedding), the look would have been younger and more chic. It would have also made the embellishments on the dress stand out more. As it is, the look is very busy because the head accessory was too distracting.
Agree that her hair was a negative both last night and today.
Also, her dress last night, did not lend itself to dancing!

Caroline looked really good today. Loved the dress style, fit, color and the beadwork.
The hat looked nice, I'm just unsure about the hairstyle but it worked.

I don't love but I don't hate it ... the colour is too yellow based for her skin tone IMO I do like the skirt portion of the dress ...

Caroline did not look her best in Luxembourg this weekend. She looked older, tired and lost, especially arriving at todays church service. Last nights dress was awful and todays was just ok. Finding a new designer might do her a world of good.

I didn't think the color flattered her, and the thing on her head was not flattering AT ALL. Maybe in a different color, with a different hat, this outfit could've been a contendor for my Best Dressed.

I'm sorry but the criticism in this thread seems just as over the top in condemning her outfit today as the praise was over the top in the eveningwear thread last night.

She looked smashing today! That "thing" on her head is called a fascinator, and it's been popular since the 19th century.

The color was warm, and the cut was vintage. The only quibble I had was the detailing below her waist.

But she looked fab and was much better than last night.

Todays dress reminded me of a potato sack and it had just about as much shape. The colour was bad, the shape was bad, the styling was bad the head dress was sad. The whole outfit made her look like someones poor relative wearing cast offs.
She used to have style and elegance but she did not demonstrate it either in evening wear or day wear during her visit to Luxembourg. Please Caroline, drop Lagerfeld and start shopping elsewhere. He hasn't done you any favours for years. Look in your closets, the clothes just keep getting odder and odder.

With the evening dress she shouldn't have worn the necklace too much going on. The Chanel was ok just too much beading maybe if the row over her breast wasn't there and a different hat.

Caroline did not look her best in Luxembourg this weekend. She looked older, tired and lost, especially arriving at todays church service. Last nights dress was awful and todays was just ok. Finding a new designer might do her a world of good.

That´s exactly my opinion.
Neither the evening nor the day dress had the "wow" effect any more. Maybe it has to do with age (I think, she is not ageing well), maybe it has to do with not being balanced (in her married life) with an aura of "unhappiness" somehow.

The dress last night was simply too much for a woman of her age (esp the back), and - although I was superhappy about a renewed sight of the tiara - decorating herself like a Christmas Tree did not help either.
The dress during the Church wedding was ok, but not one of the "burners".
Bye Bine

IMO it was perfect, only she can pull this off... I really loved everithing!!!!! For me she is just perfection

Over on the current events thread for Caroline is a short video of her at the church wedding - she really carries the suit well and imo looks one of the most elegant ladies in attendance.

Neither her ill-fitting evening dress which competed in an unfortunate manner with the two fabulous Grimaldi tiaras nor the all-beige look with its crass applications did Princess Caroline any favor.

Todays dress reminded me of a potato sack and it had just about as much shape. The colour was bad, the shape was bad, the styling was bad the head dress was sad. The whole outfit made her look like someones poor relative wearing cast offs.

It was slightly better than that unattractive evening dress, but that's all I can say for it. A potato sack is a good comparison.

Well said Boris.
I will just add that for the gala dinner ,her pale foundation was all wrong with her tanned body:ROFLMAO:

The front part isn't bad, but don't like the back. I think if the dress would have been in a solid colour, maybe black or grey or deep, dark red, it would have been better.

Luxembourg Wedding -
These are my own screen caps, better pictures letter!

First good picture - Princess Caroline Of Hanover Attends The Wedding Ceremony
Back - Princess Caroline Of Hanover Attends The Wedding Ceremony

Not my type at all.

She should have worn it backwards, the only part of the dress that is acceptable. She looked like an onion in human form. Absolutely no taste. The gala dress was worse and that was hard to do.

Apparently Caroline did have problems with her evening dress as well. RTL showed today a video-clip of her at the gala-dinner. Because of the deep back-cut she obviously wasn't wearing a bra and therefore she was constantly fighting with the hooks that held the dress together at the back. And I agree about the daytime outfit. HORRIBLE! She really looks like she is wearing a potatoe sack.

She used to rule these kinds of events with her carriage and fashion choices. I also must add that she looks frail. She used to be very poised and had a very confident and powerful aura in these formal events that it is striking to note the difference.

As much as she still has a very slender body and killer legs, she should choose to wear collars as her neck ages her. The skin has unfortunately wrinkled and sagged, which is natural, and is more emphasized in her case because she has a long neck.

Apparently Caroline did have problems with her evening dress as well. RTL showed today a video-clip of her at the gala-dinner. Because of the deep back-cut she obviously wasn't wearing a bra and therefore she was constantly fighting with the hooks that held the dress together at the back. And I agree about the daytime outfit. HORRIBLE! She really looks like she is wearing a potatoe sack.

To be fair to Caroline, the back shots of the church wedding dress are STUNNING. You would think you were looking at a 30 year old. The fit is obvious and looks completely flattering. I think I saw them on Getty Images if anyone is interested.

I thought she was one of the best dressed at the church ceremony. I didnt really like the evening gown but I was more interested in her tiara(s) anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom