Princess Caroline's Fashion & Style, Part 2: July 2010 - May 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
Welcome to
Princess Caroline's Fashion & Style Part 2
The previous thread can be found here

Here are some important
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

• In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:

Royal House of Fashion Moderators
dazzling, JessRulz, Paty and iceflower

Some people have probably already noticed this but the dress Caroline wore to the Christmas gift-giving (I think the general consensus was that it was like a "clown" dress, with the ruffle) was from Chanel "Paris-Moscou" Pre-Fall 2009. Check it out:
Link
Charlotte's outfit at National Day was also from the same collection.
Link
And it looks like Caroline looted the bangles. I just can't remember where I've seen them! :ermm: Can someone with sharper eyes (or maybe sharper minds ;)) ID them? Or are they just really similar to other ones she has?
Link
:flowers:

I've always loved Princess Caroline's fashion sense. To me, personally, she has never set a foot wrong. Yes, I'm a fan, always have been. :)

That said, I've been scouring the 'net looking for my all-time favorite dress that Caroline wore in her 30's. She was in all-turquoise, including the jewelry, which made the perfect backdrop for her beautiful Mediterranean complexion. She looked like not only a princess, but a mythological goddess from long ago.

I recall worldroots.com used to have an outstanding picture gallery of her (as well as other royal & princely families), and it also had the picture I'm looking for. By the way, what happened to this wonderful site, worldroots.com? I noticed some time ago that all the pics were taken off, no longer updated, et al. It was honestly thee ONE source for me. I would go there all the time looking for info. & pics on my fav royal & princely families. I'm so sad to see it gone. :(

Some people have probably already noticed this but the dress Caroline wore to the Christmas gift-giving (I think the general consensus was that it was like a "clown" dress, with the ruffle) was from Chanel "Paris-Moscou" Pre-Fall 2009. Check it out:
Link
Charlotte's outfit at National Day was also from the same collection.
Link

The Chanel dress looks clownish indeed. The 2nd outfit/coat is much better. Actually Charlotte caught my attention here. She looks very elegant, for the 1st time probably.:ohmy: I know many people will disagree with this, but I'm going to write it here anyway: Perhaps we shouldn't expect more from Monaco anymore.;)

It is "clownish" but she somehow managed to pull it off.

The clown outfit was awful! Sometimes Caroline can look stylish and fashion forward. She dressed better in her earlier days imo.

Posts discussing Princess Carolines past fashion choices have been moved to the Old Fashion Discussion
thread

Great finding, Thecia! I mean, good job matching the pictures of Princess Caroline and Charlotte and the original model designed by Chanel.

that is what a woman of her wonderful age should wear. Bright fabrics and colours. Very french and utterly sweet. Stronger make up would have made the appearance dreamlike!

I'm dreaming of candy already. Carrie is amazing, glorious n' fabulous. I loved her since I was like 10,no kidding. Her pink shoes make me wanna start crying..I had a similar pair once, have no idea where it is now. Have looked around the house for these shoes like 100 times..Disaster.

Caroline looks amazing as always. She's definitely the definition of fifty and fabulous.

Put Caro in a sack and she looks elegant. It is in her bones.
Caro always has sleeves on her dresses. and I love this imprinted one too along with the pink shoes.......Fab as usual.. never disappoints..

'Interesting' is all I can say. But it's too loud... Madonna could wear it, for example.;)

October 15, 2010 - In a gala dress. I quite like this dress, very much her age and its quite flattering.

ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing

What a disgusting dress! Those big, golden parts are so bad, the whole outfit is just loud and too much of everything. Gold and see-thru in the outfit, silver tones earrings... The top part makes the neck short. She does not look good in it at all. Not an elegant look.

It is an interesting dress, and i think she is one of those few people who can wear it. She looked very nice, imo. Maybe i would change the earrings.

Princess Caroline attending The 2010 Princess Grace Awards Gala at Cipriani
42nd Street on November 10, 2010 in New York City.

I like the jacket, but I'm not sure about the ruffled skirt and the combination
of these two. Caroline likes to try out new fashion ideas and loves art, so
maybe that's a good synthesis for her :)

** Full view ** Upper part * Close Up **

I like everything except the jacket. IMO her hairs are not suitable for her age. They make her look older.

Does someone have a picture of the dress, without the jacket?

Last edited:
I understand that she loves art and I guess this is the reason why she wanted to look like a sculpture last night...:whistling: I'm sorry, it seems to be a very expensive outfit, but the result is rather hilarious than beautiful. JMO :cool:

I really like this outfit the colour is very flattering and the fabric combinations are sophisicated the earrings of course let the whole thing down IMO but what would one of her outfits be without a let down???? Anyway for all the important combinations the skirt and jacket lovely IMO.

Yet another disguisting outfit. What's wrong with Caroline's taste? The ruffles and the jacket don't go together, earrings are just ugly. Her hairdo is way too old for her.
One can love art but to dress like a sculpture or a Picasso painting?

The jacket looks too boxy & there's too many decorations on it. A simple jacket would look better with this frilly skirt.

Don't care much for the outfit but Caroline always looks beautiful!

I don't care for her outfit or the hairstyle. It looks almost like she's wearing little or no make-up from what I can tell.

I like the ruffled skirt and the shoes. The jacket looks interesting to me, but it doesn't match with the skirt (it's too long, but that's not the only reason). I'm not a fan of her hairstyle here either. Hm... quite an odd combination, but still interesting. :p

One can love art but to dress like a sculpture or a Picasso painting?

:lol: I just read your comment and agree.

Last edited by a moderator:
The jacket could be magnificent with a simple trousers.

The skirt could be nice with a simple top.

But NOT all together.

And in any case NOT with these earrings and NOT with this hairdo.

How was it presented in the catwalk??? Together?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom