Princess Caroline's Fashion & Style, Part 2: July 2010 - May 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caroline's hat looked as though it was adorned with Australia's floral emblem, the Acacia Pycnantha (Golden Wattle). That of course would make no sense, but nonetheless, it looked very much like it.

The colour of her dress was nice but I didn't like the way it fit her.
I did like her oversized hat tho.

But pretty, even though, and the official dinner toilette... beautiful! The tiara is stunning and blue coulor ( in all its shades, apparently ) suites her so fine!!! :royalrobes::royalrobes::royalrobes:

Caroline usually dresses somewhat better, but neither she nor Stephanie is aging well.
Both are very hard-looking.

Agree! Both of them have the same amount of wrinlkes as my 75 year old moyher... and they both look somewhat sad and disappointed, as if they'd feel desenchanted with life...:sad: :sad: :sad:

Last edited by a moderator:
They both looked ancient. Too bad. The sun has done terrible damage to their skin and they look like walking handbags. Caroline, still has a glimmer of beauty. The dress this afternoon was too short for her. Has she looked at her knees recently.

Some people age well, some don't. Caroline was a true beauty when young. She still carries herself very well, is still beautiful for her age, is still able to keep slim and is still elegant. But her dresses are not as beautiful as they were before and she has lost the sparkle in her eyes. I guess the problem is that the ones that grew up with her still want to see her as young, as fresh, as daring as she once was. Anyway, I think she could have chosen better dresses.

I like the dress and love the hat at the church but the evening blue colour is a horror on her aging and too ...everything... the jewels are really nice but frankly she is aging badly IMO and the short lace sleeves didn't help the situation. I did like the length of the gown on her though but sadly she is past her best IMO.

As some others have noted, both she and Stephanie have seen too much sun, it is as though they have had no idea of sun screen. Also they both show, IMO, the kinds of lives they have lived. In both cases as good bit of sadness and tragedy and also a good bit of wilfulness in their younger years. With Caroline I see so very much sadness, actually that is the way I would describe both of the sisters, just looking very sad.

Carolina is a beatiful 54 year old lady. I don't find her too harsh looking, she's got some wrinkles but that's totally normal for a woman her age and don't you all forget that she's a chain smoker, which causes as much damage to the skin as sun exposing.
Caroline is beautiful, you people are too harsh on her.

This is a fashion thread - please stay on topic of the thread - thanks!

Caroline looks best I think when her hair is down. The updo for the evening banquet aged her. I think she could have done more beautifully with her hair down while still sporting that beautiful sapphire necklace-turned-tiara. I recall this look last month, and I think she looks youthful and fresh. This hairstyle could have accommodated the tiara very beautifully.

ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing

Actually, for me, if she wore this exact attire and added that wide hat for the civil ceremony (change the leopard shoes perhaps for a more conservative look), she would have been perfect. I wasn't liking that long dress and flats and updo that she sported on July 1.

Last edited:
I haven't had much time looking at Caroline's wedding pics - there were so many others to find and look at.

But, like so often, Caroline has shown yet again that her fashion sense is good - perhaps more than that.

I always expect to see something new or unusual, and she never disappoints, IMO.

I don't even know what to say about the dinner outfit. :ermm:

I do not know what to think about Caroline's outfits. Every time many nice things and a bad point which destroys the whole.
Civil wedding: Nice dress BUT the hat is quite strange for a City Hall! IMO it would be nice for a garden cocktail party!

Religious wedding: Very pretty dress BUT why the face sooo hidden?

Evening dinner: I could not really inderstand the shape ofthe dress, but usually Caroline is VERY regal with evening dresses and tiaras, but this time she is not sparkling! She should be but she isn't.

A question. Is the tiara from the Hannover household?

And a last thing. I saw in TV the day before the wedding, they show a responsible from a great jewerelly, they were discussing which jewels Caro + Char were going to wear. The lady said that Pcs Caroline had already chosen sapfires because she was going to wear a blue dress, and Charlotte choose diamonds because she hadn't decided about her dress yet.

Last edited:
In my opinion, Princess Caroline was doubtlessly the worst dressed lady at the wedding gala in her blue-black lace lingerie dress - inappropriate for the occasion as well as her age, too short, and creating a most unflattering silhouette.

The tiara she wore is actually a necklace she has had since the 1980s and which is in her private possession.

Princess Caroline at an exhibition at the Grimaldi forum in Monaco today, July 10, wearing a very
lovely blue dress and blue shoes. Funnily she wasn't the only one who had chosen blue :)

** Full view ** Close up **

Princess Caroline at an exhibition at the Grimaldi forum in Monaco today, July 10, wearing a very
lovely blue dress and blue shoes. Funnily she wasn't the only one who had chosen blue :)

" She wore blue velvet
Bluer than velvet was the night
Softer than satin was the light
From the stars
She wore blue velvet
Bluer than velvet were her eyes... "

that's what comes to my mind...:butterfly: :butterfly: :butterfly:

iceflower said:

Very flattering, lovely dress :)

I almost never like what Caroline wears but she looks good here.

Princess Caroline attending the 63rd Red Cross Ball on August 5, 2011 in Monaco, wearing
an experimental dress with different prints. It looks a bit better without the part she pulled
off after the arrival.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

IMHO, 'Experimental' is a very generous assessment.
One of the ugliest evening dresses I ever saw - with this pattern mix and the fabrics combined as if they were sewn together randomly in the dark, it looks like an outfit for a madwoman who recently escaped a sanatorium to join a circus.
Utterly tasteless and unflattering.

One of the ugliest evening dresses I ever saw - with this pattern mix and the fabrics combined as if they were sewn together randomly in the dark, it looks like an outfit for a madwoman who recently escaped a sanatorium to join a circus.

Oh Boris, that's such a great way of putting it. If the colors were more washed out, it would remind me of the character, Sally, from a Nightmare Before Christmas.

Boris I'll love forever for saying out loud what i can't find words to describe... It's bad, it's too bad to be true... :scream: :scream: :scream:

Hummm...for some reason, I like Caroline's gown. It looks good on her!!!

Hummm...for some reason, I like Caroline's gown. It looks good on her!!!
I'd be so grateful if you could specify this mysterious reason a bit - excluding the reason that the dress was worn in Monaco by a Grimaldi, if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom