Princess Anne's Fashion & Style Part 4: April 2017 - February 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anne is a practical person. Fashion and her name are not in synch. She wears clothes. And she wears what works best for her. Sometimes she looks better than others.

Princess Anne visited the Infrastructure Learning Hub in London yesterday, September 18, wearing one of her lovely instead of her practical outfits again..;)

** Full view ** Upper part **

:previous: Much better than her previous look in Gwent (but then again, I doubt Anne cares much about how she looks - more so about how comfortable she feels :D). That shade of blue is very nice on Anne.

Princess Anne yesterday, September 19, while unveiling a memorial to commemorate the Centenary of Armistice in Princes Risborough:

** Full view ** Upper part **

:previous: Much better than her previous look in Gwent (but then again, I doubt Anne cares much about how she looks - more so about how comfortable she feels :D). That shade of blue is very nice on Anne.

I agree with you that I doubt Anne cares much for fashion. Never did while she was younger. She is a very no-nonsense and practical woman. She did a quite famous interview many years ago about this very subject and claimed that she has devoted her life to helping her Queen's wishes for her country and those that only comment on her clothes and personal life need to get one. She doesn't even see what others wear as long as they are doing their jobs to the best of their ability. People with jobs should be admired when they do them well. Her extreme hatred is laziness and crime. She was called out on this interview by a few but most agreed with her.

:previous: Well, I think there was a time when she was young that she cared to look in style both with dress and her hair. But I think when she became a working royal, she realized how much energy caring about fashion can suck out of the effort. So she simplified by dressing fairly timelessly and chose function over fashion. Because if the worst they can say about you is that your style is boring but acceptable, eventually, the press will mostly quit commenting on what you wear.

And I would add that Anne ONLY wears really nice fabrics and she is well-tailored. She does not care so little for clothing that she will wear anything. Even what she wears about the farm/for eventing is the best quality. She may look like the lady that mucks out the horses, but she is wearing stuff that performs well and will last forever. So she does take some time with it. :flowers:

And I imagine that she can still fit the clothes she wore in her twenties and thirties as she has kept a very trim figure, so not many alterations required. I agree that she does care about her appearance in that she is immaculately turned out. But her clothes are classic rather than fashionable. To her, the clothes she wears to an engagement must resemble an uniform. I can't imagine she would turn up for an engagement without a pair of earrings, a brooch and/or a scarf. Her hair will always be swept off her face and accessories will always match. She really doesn't want her clothes to be the subject of conversation and this also means that she has high standards with regard to expectations of her as a member of the royal family.

Another classic Anne outfit. Black and blue seems to be one of her favourite colour combinations!

Am I missing something, are the October 2nd and October 5th outfits the same?:lol:

:previous:

One of her favourite ones at the moment it seems ;)

Princess Anne visiting the Save the Children UK Northallerton Shop in North Yorkshire today, October 18:

** Full view **

Anne had a number of engagements in West Yorkshire today, October 19 - not my favourite coat ;)

Anne and I talked and she said to not worry as this is not the coat she planned on giving you anyway. :lol: She thinks you do splendid work, however! :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom