Princess Anne's Fashion & Style, Part 3: April 2012 - April 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 3 of the thread for Princess Anne's Fashion & Style!
You can find the old thread here:

** Princess Anne's Fashion & Style, Part 2: September 2010 - April 2012 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Princess Anne at the traditional Easter Sunday service at Windsor Castle today, April 8, wearing one of her
favourite outfits she's worn over and over again during the last years ;). Looks fresh and suits her as it's
such a typical Anne-outfit.

** Full view ** Upper part **

I always hesitate for a moment before I click on Annes fashion & style thread.
While this outfit is certainly not a disaster of the epic proportions Princess Anne had before, it does not impress me much either. The Princess Royal is a woman I certainly admire, but not for her fashion sense.

Another oldie from the back of the closet, eh? While I like the pattern of the coat, there's too much busyness going on with the collar, cuffs and pockets working against the checkered pattern. I'd have removed those pockets. But otherwise, she looks fine.

Last edited:
Yes, she does look like she's sharing a good joke with someone!

I am one of those who actually admire Princess Anne's sense of style. It is rarely, well, stylish, fashion forward or even coordinated, and sometimes verges on disaster - but it's very much Anne: she has her own ideas about fashion and isn't ready to compromise them for anything or anyone.

That doesn't mean I always like what she is wearing, including this latest ensemble; I have a sudden urge to play chess now - and I know who to blame! :D

Last edited:
Anne is definitely an iconoclast when it comes to fashion. I love the image of the chessboard, too!

to the princess royal's outfit for easter service at windsor :eek: but i do like her hat and scarf but her jacket sadly reminds me not of chess but more like graph paper :sad:

Well, at least her hat isn't lost in her hair.. and she Is wearing bright red lipstick!

I Don’t Like Her Outfit at All , Very Very Old Fashion , Completely Wrong Choice :ohmy:

On April 25, Princess Anne visited Friends of the Victoria Hall to mark the 125th anniversary of Victoria Hall and
the Challenger Disabled Sailing Group to open the slipway extension at Helensburgh Sailing Club in Helensburgh.

** helensburghadvertiser.co.uk: Princess Anne visits Helensburgh **

Later that day she visited Loch Lomond Shores to celebrate it's 10th Anniversary at Ben Lomond Way, Balloch,
Dunbartonshire.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** dumbartonreporter.co.uk: Area welcomes Princess Anne **

And yesterday, April 26, Anne attended an event at the University College in London:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

On May 10 the Princess Royal attended an Investiture Ceremony at Buckingham Palace:

** Pic **

I love Anne, I really do. But that dress... Did she rummage her 80's cupboard again? :ohmy:

Good heavens but that dress is ghastly!!! It just hangs on her like a sack. At least her hair is shiny..

I wonder why Zara and Princess Anne's other relatives and friends cannot convince her to look into a mirror and realise she needs to update both her hair style and her wardrobe. It's rather sad that she can't see herself with a fresh look.

Well said, awcblue. I feel exactly the same as you. She could look so much younger and attractive if she just tried harder and took time to really look at herself. It really IS sad with all that she has to her advantage. It is obvious that she really doesn't hold that as a priority in her life..

I wonder why Zara and Princess Anne's other relatives and friends cannot convince her to look into a mirror and realise she needs to update both her hair style and her wardrobe. It's rather sad that she can't see herself with a fresh look.
Because that's Princess Anne we're talking about. She'll probably look sternly at whoever dares to do such thing and say, "You think I bloody care?" :cool:

I'm the first to acknowledge she has somewhat unusual style and if I had the chance, I'd probably "accidentally" burn all most of her cloths. But you know what? I'd really hate if she changed one bit. Anne is unique like Prince Philip: she doesn't feel the need to adapt to other people's wishes - and that's why I just love that woman.

Last edited:
Ah yes Princess Anne may be unique...but that does not mean she needs to stubbornly cling to a style that is forty-years old and stale. She has so many options for dressing with good taste, while keeping her uniqueness.

I really don't see how, if the PR got new clothes, she could remain unique when all the fashion houses are turning out the same thing. I hope she continues to wear her 80s clothing. Fashionistas will soon be wearing 80s-like stuff, as that is what the next fashion wave is said to be.

Anne is Anne. No muss. No fuss. No nonsense. She has stuff to do and puts that as her priority. She's not around to show off clothing or worry about how her hair looks. When you see Anne, you're going to focus more on what she is doing rather than what her appearance today is like.

:previous: Anne is the epitomy of "substance over style" and that's quite alright with me.

While you might be full of substance, I think Princess Anne's style reflects badly on her image.

Ah yes Princess Anne may be unique...but that does not mean she needs to stubbornly cling to a style that is forty-years old and stale. She has so many options for dressing with good taste, while keeping her uniqueness.

The longer she holds on to them the more likely they are too come back into style, not that she cares one way or the other.

The good thing is that I like that shade red. A bit of updating her look would not go amiss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom