Princess Anne's Fashion & Style, Part 3: April 2012 - April 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unbelievable! I had to look twice to realize that it was Anne. She looks just wonderful! Very feminine, the right length, very chic, very new... Now if she can only repeat this look.. I'm impressed.
It's not a new hat... I myself also thought it was new, but then I realised that I had seen Princess Anne in it sometimes before. So if you do abit of searches on Getty of Princess Anne at Ascot, you will see that she had worn it before also at Ascot back in 2000. But back then with a different outfit and the outfit yesterday could be new though. But the Princess definitely looked fab yesterday.

Last edited:
She looks great! I love the color; very flattering and elegant style. This is one of her best looks!

Last edited:
I love love love the Princess Royal but I'm always happy when she wears a hat that covers her hair. I do wish she would adopt a more becoming hairstyle. She looks so beautiful except for that. I know she is a serious woman and doesn't give a fig about being beautiful but still...

Princess Anne looked ABSOLUTELY gorgeous in that shade. I do love her outfit and the collar detail is so very chic and flattering. The hat was just perfect. What a sophisticated and exquisite look for Ascot. Really lovely.

Last edited:
Baroness of Books said:
Princess Anne at Royal Ascot. What a wonderful color and style on her; I think she looks absolutely great. When she does it right, she can make you do a double take. A beautiful hat as well.

The princess royal looks nice for the royal ascot that shade of green looks nice in her, and so does the lady next to her who is that Sophie?Zara?but anyways nice outfit and pretty color.

I loved what Princess Anne wore for Day 1; the colour, the style - everything was flattering and elegant.
Today the Princess chose a pink combination which isn't really my favourite; the skirt is OK, but the floral top is too fussy. The hat is not my cup of tea either.

- The outfit

Princess Anne at Royal Ascot. What a wonderful color and style on her; I think she looks absolutely great. When she does it right, she can make you do a double take. A beautiful hat as well.

I really like what she's wearing here color and style-wise. The hat is nice too.

I loved what Princess Anne wore for Day 1; the colour, the style - everything was flattering and elegant.
Today the Princess chose a pink combination which isn't really my favourite; the skirt is OK, but the floral top is too fussy. The hat is not my cup of tea either.

- The outfit

Definitely agree with you about the outfit from Day 1 and the fact that today's top is extremely fussy. Looks like an old comforter.

The jacket didn't look good on her for Zara's wedding and it hasn't improved. The hat is atrocious..

im glad she is wearing hats she a pretty woman and her daughter look likes her

Sigh...she dug too far into her closet again. I remember this number from Zara's wedding and while I like the color of the skirt, the brocade jacket is just not my favorite on her. I actually don't mind the hat, but I object to her slip riding up under the skirt. Actually, it looked like it bunched up around her hip.

Please bring back Day 1's outfit!

Last edited:
Sigh...she dug too far into her closet again. I remember this number from Zara's wedding and while I like the color of the skirt, the brocade jacket is just not my favorite on her. I actually don't mind the hat, but I object to her slip riding up under the skirt. Actually, it looked like it bunched up around her hip.

Again, I love your way with words :D. She should definitely not dig that far into her closet again (actually that jacket shouldn't even be in her closet, but somewhere she can't access because it's absolutely horrid). I hope she recycles her outfit from yesterday sometime soon. It looked wonderful on her.

Yikes, I knew I had seen this ugly wallpaper outfit before.
Just loved the mint suit. And I agree with a previous poster, wish she had a more flattering hairstyle.

i liked day 2's outfit; i liked it at Zara's wedding too. But day 1 was the better of the two.

:bb: :blink: :shock: Anne is a total puzzle. She goes from classy to clunky in a heartbeat. What comes over her? As someone mentioned, one can see the slip riding up, and the top looks like upholstery she snatched off the couch at the last minute.

Why, Anne, why? :p

Last edited:
We alll have our moments

I honestly appreciate Princess Anne for her complete willingness to dress the way she wants to - even as the rest of the world spins in different directions.

You don't see Princess Anne dressing with the rest of the pack in neutrals and court shoes. Nope, she pulls the slipcovers off the divan and has a raspberry suit made to match. And you have to admit - it keeps us watching, doesn't it?

Then there is the family tradition of gag gifts at Christmas. I can just see Harry giving her the DVD box set of WHAT NOT TO WEAR SEASON 11 as a gift. :lol:

Princess Anne today:
- Upper part

Haven't seen the entire outfit, but I know I'll hate it; purple and green don't mix well for me. Really hate the overly-busy pattern of the jacket.
On the other hand, the hat is kind of nice and could have looked lovely with a different outfit.

Outfit is the same as the one Anne wore to the wedding last year. Google search the wedding for full lengths pictures :)

Princess Anne today:
- Upper part

Haven't seen the entire outfit, but I know I'll hate it; purple and green don't mix well for me. Really hate the overly-busy pattern of the jacket.
On the other hand, the hat is kind of nice and could have looked lovely with a different outfit.

Well, at least we can say that she puts old bed spreads to good use :lol:. Purple and green are not a good combination at all. Yikes.

Outfit is the same as the one Anne wore to the wedding last year. Google search the wedding for full lengths pictures :)

I thought it looked familiar.

Back to the clown clothes. She looked so nice the other day.

note to Anne: prints are not your friend. stay with solids - not perfect, but half the battle.

I like the whole outfit, without reservation.

the outfit's ok, the colour's fine. it's just that the hat kills it dead. That's one seriously revolting topper.

No, this print doesn't work for me as well, though I do like the purple. The hat is just not attractive at all; it looks like a ski slope.

Last edited:
She needs A New Do! That up twist is DONE! She use to change it up.

The ugly hat draws attention to her hair, which I wish could be styled in soft waves a la her mother. I don't mind the jacket.

- The outfit

Love the skirt but not the top. Not a fan of the hat either.

OH dear that hat is just awful don't mind the outfit so much we have of course seen it before. Not the nicest we have seen Anne look but not the worse either. I do wish she would change her hair you get to an age where it really needs an update and she past that about 10 years ago. I think that brown is a little too dark for her maybe a lighter shade?

The green hat should be burnt . She will never change her hair sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom