Princess Aimée's Fashion and Style: April 2007 - May 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Her_Majesty

Moderator Emeritus
City
Munich
Country
Germany
Post pictures and discuss the fashion and style of elegant Princess Aimée of the Netherlands. :flowers:

Her outfit worn for her civil wedding 2005:
wearing and orange suit and a pillbox hat

Outfits worn for Koninginnedag:
2005 - Black-white coat and black hat
2006 - a pink coat and purple shoes

2007- pregnant Aimée wore a white coat and a black dress- Very elegant!
another picture: without the coat

Elegant black-white outfit with matching hat:
Outfit

Informal outfit: Jeans, white blouse and beautiful brown jacket
Informal

Formal: green evening dress

I really like her style. I think she's the best dressed Princess in the Royal Family of the Netherlands.
She mostly looks very elegant.

I would have to agree with you regarding Princess Aimee. She fits the mold of the truly elegant princess. I liked today's outfit.

Apart from that evening green dress, I think she looks great!

Last edited:
She looks very elegent. Her cloths fit her really well. She has a young style and always goes for great colors which does flatte her alot. not only that but i also think her cloths are selected very well to her body shape

some body shape too! she does look great thanks also to her no-fuss type of style. Though I agree that that green evening dress wasn't exactly a hit. She's also, one could say, been playing it mostly safe, but the result has been she's not put a foot wrong so far style wise

Aimee is lovely in her fashions- she always looks classy, but she always adds a little something to make it different.
I love her suit from her civil wedding. Love it, love it, love it! I wish I could have it. And the Jackie O pillbox hat- perfect!
The black and white coat is definately not "safe". It was a risk, and could have backfired hugely (read: Laurentien), but she pulled it off well.
That last pic of her- she's so slim, she barely looks pregnant. Annette looks more pregnant than Aimee does, and Annette's not even pregnant!

I love coatdresses so I love her style. My favorite looks are the coatdress she wore yesterday for Qday, the Fushia one she wore a year or two ago(except for the purple shoes), and the casual jeans pic.
Not liking the green, printed evening dress though.

I do think she's consistantly the best dressed Orange Princess.
Any more pics?

Here are a couple of other pics of Aimee:

From Amalia's Christening: Pretty in Pink

Aimee and Floris, and Anita and PC's engagement announcement: Lady in Red (it's funny how this reminds me of Princess Annette's wedding dress)(it's not one of Aimee's best)

At a family celebration, metallic jacket with wide black trousers: Golden Girl

No idea when this was, but the coat reminds me of one of Crown Princess Mary's white maternity coat, which Mary has worn a couple of times, including once about a month ago. Very pretty on Aimee, though. Wonderful in White

kind of a side note: Floris needs to take notes from his cousin Frederik, or from Crown Prince Felipe, or even, sometimes, his brother Maurits, on how to coordinate his outfits, or at least his tie, to what his wife is wearing!

Last edited:
i love aimee's style. she always looks so pretty, simple, feminine and elegant at the same time. does anyone know which designers she uses?

SASSY said:
I do think she's consistantly the best dressed Orange Princess.
Any more pics?

I completly agree with you Sassy! From what I have seen Aimee doesn't make too many fashion mistakes.

Really beautiful!!! thanks pople!!!!:flowers: She´s so elegant...

Emily said:
I have never attempted to post pictures or URL's for pictures here so if this posting is wrong according to TRF rules, will someone please delete it and notify me? Here are a few of the Aimee pictures I have:

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o69/emilyaimee/Aimee069.jpg

What is she wearing? That's an odd choice for headgear- I'll forgive her for this misstep, since she is usually so well dressed. However, too many of these type of outfits and she'll start being a Mabel. And a few more after that, and she'll be a Laurentien....

Not the most flattering ensemble for Aimee. The color is too garish for her skin tone, and the hat is not my cup of tea.

It's okay to make a fashion mistake, that is what fashion is all about, right? Taking chances and remembering never to do it again.:)

Emily said:
I have never attempted to post pictures or URL's for pictures here so if this posting is wrong according to TRF rules, will someone please delete it and notify me? Here are a few of the Aimee pictures I have:

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o69/emilyaimee/Aimee024.jpg

This is obviously a funeral, but I really like her outfit.
And I forgot about the hot pink fishnet hat!:ermm: She missed the mark on that one.

Most of her coatdresses look as if they're made by the same designer, I wonder who it is.

marezdote said:
I completly agree with you Sassy! From what I have seen Aimee doesn't make too many fashion mistakes.

Thanks!:)
I think her style is subtle, "working woman" chic.

Most of her clothes are made by Lily de Joode, a dressmaker in the Netherlands. Several of us have tried to find information on her and can't seem to locate any.

Emily said:
Most of her clothes are made by Lily de Joode, a dressmaker in the Netherlands. Several of us have tried to find information on her and can't seem to locate any.
I tried Yahoo Netherlands and still nothing...maybe her last name is misspelled or her first name...lemme go check. (great way for me to dodge my final exams:lol:)

kay...maybe not. she must not be a public kind of person in The Netherlands.

Last edited:
Does anyone have other pictures? Would love to see them!

Just FYI the black and orange hat was a creation that was presented during Queesday. Out of politeness Aimee put it on, and luckily put it off too.

Marengo said:
Just FYI the black and orange hat was a creation that was presented during Queesday. Out of politeness Aimee put it on, and luckily put it off too.

intesting! thanks for the info. It was a cool hat but glad it wasnt a choice she made with that outfit:ROFLMAO:

I don´t really like most of her outfits. They seem very old-fashioned to me and with a lot of 80´s/90´s colors. But I do like the white coat and the black dress.

BTW. is it just me or does she resemble Kate Middleton a lot sometimes??

I really love most of what this young princess wears some of the hats are a bit of a worry pink pill box with net and the witch's hat on Queen's Day but just lovely otherwise. Thanks for all the posts.

What did Aimée wear to Alexia's christening, and what about Anita's and Pieter-Christiaan's wedding ? :flowers:

EDIT: No worries, just found it.
At the civil ceremony, she wore that black and white outfit, and the official wedding, she wore that hideous pink and white outfit. Awful.

Other than that, very pretty and elegant lady :)

Last edited:
She is an old-fashion woman...All of her clothes are horrible!!:neutral: :neutral:

She is an old-fashion woman...All of her clothes are horrible!!:neutral: :neutral:
I disagree. IMO her fashion and style is classic and very elegant. just like a Princess should dress.

a little update:

01-02-08
Attending Queen Bea's and Princess Margriet's Birthday:
Aimée wore a very elegant shift dress
The outfit
Close-up

01-09-2007
Aimée attending Wa's Birthday Party, being 9th month pregnant with little Magali.
Dress
Another pic

Presentation of Magali van Vollenhoven
Wearing a white blouse
close-up
(who is able to care for Aimee's outfit in this picture- just look how lovely little Magali looks and how cute she's dressed.)

I love the dress she wore to WA's birthday. It's beautiful and flattering and not tent-like (which is not always easy to find when you're nine months pregnant!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom