Most fashionable maternity wardrobe?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which Crown Princess has the most fashionable maternity wardrobe

• Letizia of Spain

Votes: 64 24.4%
  • Mary of Denmark

Votes: 123 46.9%
  • Mathilde of Belgium

Votes: 29 11.1%
  • Maxima of the Netherlands

Votes: 19 7.3%
  • Mette-Marit of Norway

Votes: 27 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Decidedly Mary...without any doubt!!! On vacacions or visits ...she's the most elegant royal woman i know, pregnant or not!!!

it´s a pity that we can´t see much pregnancy clothes of Mette-Marit:(

I prefer Mary because her clothes looks her happiness.

liv said:
it´s a pity that we can´t see much pregnancy clothes of Mette-Marit:(
Yeah, she has had so much problems this pregansy, and now she has missed the visit to Sweden, and i have a feeling that we don't see her in the visit to Denmark, England and USA.

Karisma said:
None of them above! There are only one Crown princess who is going to roule, be a Queen of her country, and rouling as the head of state. And she already knows how to dress like a becoming Queen when it's in gala. My choice, of course, with no doubt, must be HRH Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden.

Among them above the worse are Mette-Marit of Norway! She is a disaster for her country. Who else arrives in official state visits wearing jeans?

Appearing in jeans does not make you a disaster for your country (though it might be unsuitable).

And Victoria isn't pregnant, as far as I know, isn't she?

Karisma said:
Among them above the worse are Mette-Marit of Norway! She is a disaster for her country. Who else arrives in official state visits wearing jeans?

When did Mette-Marit arrive for a state visit in jeans?

Smilla said:
Appearing in jeans does not make you a disaster for your country (though it might be unsuitable).
Yes, it's certenly unsuitable! And far from "the protokoll" for officials representing their country. :mad:
And Victoria isn't pregnant, as far as I know, isn't she?
I dont't think so, and im certin she wouln´t be before she is married. And she havn't had problems with drougs either... ;)

Alexandria said:
When did Mette-Marit arrive for a state visit in jeans?

When she arrived for the Royal wedding in Spain!

(A friend of mine was in the same café in Oslo the other night when Mette-Marit was among friends and did'nt seam sick at all, thougt she could´nt go to Stockholm for official visit. The Royal family from Norway was in gala att Stockholm castle and Mette-Marit in jeans eating biscuits in a café at Karl-Johan in Olslo). :confused:

Karisma said:

(A friend of mine was in the same café in Oslo the other night when Mette-Marit was among friends and did'nt seam sick at all, thougt she could´nt go to Stockholm for official visit. The Royal family from Norway was in gala att Stockholm castle and Mette-Marit in jeans eating biscuits in a café at Karl-Johan in Olslo). :confused:

Maybe she just got cabin fever (although she has some pretty nice cabins). Wonder why she didn't have friends in to visit.

Karisma said:

But that wasn't a state visit. She was arriving in Spain after a flight with a young baby. She likely wanted to dress comfortably. Yes, she could've dressed in a pants suit as Maxima and Laurentien did, but she didn't dress inappropriately either.

When you say that she dressed for a state visit in jeans, I thought you meant that she greeted some president or prime minister in jeans. Like if Victoria of Sweden had greeted Harald, Sonja and Haakon in jeans.

Mette-Marit's arrival in Spain was a different matter altogether. What matters is that she dressed appropriately for the wedding.

Karisma said:

The reason given for Mette-Marit's inability to participate in the visit to Sweden was because of low blood pressure. As she has a history of a fear of flying, one of the reasons her blood pressure might be elevated is due to this fear, and it would be an unnecessary stress during her pregnancy. And as she was supposed to be in Sweden and did not have other royal engagements within Norway planned, why couldn't she enjoy a night out with her friends? She's a princess but that doesn't mean she isn't entitled to her own life and to socialize with friends now and then.

KARISMA: (I'm sorry I don't used with how to post messages - I'm new here)!
Alexandria said:
But that wasn't a state visit. She was arriving in Spain after a flight with a young baby. She likely wanted to dress comfortably. Yes, she could've dressed in a pants suit as Maxima and Laurentien did, but she didn't dress inappropriately either.
Well, I think it's very inapproriately and very many in Norway thinks to, if one reads the news.

When you say that she dressed for a state visit in jeans, I thought you meant that she greeted some president or prime minister in jeans. Like if Victoria of Sweden had greeted Harald, Sonja and Haakon in jeans.
I'll see if I can find the picture when she greeted a forign minister in jeans. (I don't know how to post though...:eek: )

Mette-Marit's arrival in Spain was a different matter altogether. What matters is that she dressed appropriately for the wedding.
"There's only one chanse doing a first impression"

The reason given for Mette-Marit's inability to participate in the visit to Sweden was because of low blood pressure. As she has a history of a fear of flying, one of the reasons her blood pressure might be elevated is due to this fear, and it would be an unnecessary stress during her pregnancy. And as she was supposed to be in Sweden and did not have other royal engagements within Norway planned, why couldn't she enjoy a night out with her friends? She's a princess but that doesn't mean she isn't entitled to her own life and to socialize with friends now and then.

If she is going to be a Queen one day she must overcome fear of flying. And as a official person sha can't inhibate often. I'ts not good PR for her country. (The flying time Oslo-Stockholm are 45min. And I'ts not a very long way to go by train or car either). Mette-Merit knows how to be a diva!

I think I have to explaine that for me the five pregnant princesses are women who have married a Crown Prince and have got a title. They all looks pretty but the will not be head of state without their "husbands". Everyone, exept Mette-Marit, have good scools and appropriate background. I know that some folks in Spain don't find HRH Letizia of Spain "good enough" because she have been married before, but one can't denie she have a good and professional background.

My vote for the most fashionable maternity wardrobe goes to HRH Letizia of Spain.

My vote goes to Letizia. Whatever she wears, she still looks elegant.
She does not need to be in super designers' clothes to look elegant like some others (IMO).;)

So:

1- Letizia
2- Mathilde
3- Maxima and Mary
5- Mette

Last edited:
My vote goes for Princess Mathilde, closely followed by CPss Mary.

Alexandria said:

Actually, I believe she was criticized by the Norwegian press for dressing too casually for arrival. I personally think her attire was inappropriate for the event, she looked out of place standing on red carpet in jeans and a cardigan, especially next to Haakon who was wearing a formal suit.

Mary has many different styles of pregnancy dress and of course most of looks good..but she quiet often did mistake in mix-match them (its just my opinion) then the attire looks quiet awful. I prefer Maxima's as my first choice and Mathilda as a second.

Karisma said:
If she is going to be a Queen one day she must overcome fear of flying. And as a official person sha can't inhibate often. I'ts not good PR for her country. (The flying time Oslo-Stockholm are 45min. And I'ts not a very long way to go by train or car either). Mette-Merit knows how to be a diva!

Have you ever experienced a phobia? Phobias, whatever they may be for, flying, heights, spiders, closed spaces, or whatever, can be gripping and terrifying. It is not always something that is easy to overcome. Some people require medication or years and years of therapy to overcome their fears.

If Mette-Marit is as afraid of flying as she is, it wouldn't matter if she was in the air flying for 45 minutes or for 45 hours. It's not about the amount of time one is in the air. It's about being in the air. Period.

Alisa said:
Actually, I believe she was criticized by the Norwegian press for dressing too casually for arrival. I personally think her attire was inappropriate for the event, she looked out of place standing on red carpet in jeans and a cardigan, especially next to Haakon who was wearing a formal suit.

Was it the end of the world though that she wore dark jeans and a brown cardigan when she arrived in Spain? It's not as if she wore that outfit to the wedding.

Besides, isn't it better that she made that fashion guffaw upon arrival than the kinds of fashion guffaw Laurentien made at her husband's cousin's recent wedding? :cool:

Karisma said:
I'll see if I can find the picture when she greeted a forign minister in jeans. (I don't know how to post though...:eek: )

Please find that picture. I'd like to see that picture too. I have been following Mette-Marit from the beginning and I would think that I would remember such a major gaffe as her greeting some foreign minister in a formal setting in jeans.

If you go to Forum Support and Feedback you can learn how to post pictures. I want to see this picture.

Genevieve said:
Was it the end of the world though that she wore dark jeans and a brown cardigan when she arrived in Spain? It's not as if she wore that outfit to the wedding.
No need to be dramatic. I simply commented on the appropriateness of MM's attire upon arrival.
Genevieve said:
Besides, isn't it better that she made that fashion guffaw upon arrival than the kinds of fashion guffaw Laurentien made at her husband's cousin's recent wedding? :cool:
Both were inappropriate for each occasion.

Genevieve said:

KARISMA: It's inappropriate arriving to Spain in jeans, representating Norway. That's my opinion. And it's far away from the official protokoll was the opinion of the people of Norway.

Genevieve said:
Have you ever experienced a phobia? Phobias, whatever they may be for, flying, heights, spiders, closed spaces, or whatever, can be gripping and terrifying. It is not always something that is easy to overcome. Some people require medication or years and years of therapy to overcome their fears.

If Mette-Marit is as afraid of flying as she is, it wouldn't matter if she was in the air flying for 45 minutes or for 45 hours. It's not about the amount of time one is in the air. It's about being in the air. Period.

Of course I understand that one must work very much to overcome a phobia. It's difficult! But she is a official and was awere of her dutys when she married Haakon. And MM have had lots and lots of training from professionals.

When visiting Sweden MM had a chanse going by the Royal ship, "Norway", together with "grandperents" Sonja and Harald. There are also possible for Haakon and MM going by train in their own Royal wagon in some ours between Oslo and Stockholm.

(This weekend MM was partying together with friends i Kristiansand, Norway. Today You can see headlins in one of Norways most read newspapers that MM inhibates her dutys - in Norway - and Haakon goes alone - again)! :(

Queen Margareta of Denmark once got the question: "What is the most importent character You must have beeing a Royal/Queen?" "Good helth and strong legs" - she answerd.;)

Last edited:
Back to the topic :p .... I adore Letizia and although I think she has looked beautiful and elegant in her maternity wear, my vote goes to Mary, her clothes really suit her and she always looks cool without looking to casual!

I voted for and Favor The ~> Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Nørge! :D

I think Leatitia is the most elegant.

Most Elegant Pregnant Princess

Letizia of Spain and then Mathilde of Belgium. Has any one seen pictures of Princess Claire lately?:)

I voted Mary too. Love them all, but Mary has just a little 'more' in my opinion...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom