The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 10:32 PM
Serene Highness

HM and Meghan would never wear similar clothes, so comparing the two is just pointless.

Other women in this particular memorial service wore sleeveless dresses, so clearly it wasn't unsuitable dress for the occasion.

Old 04-25-2018, 12:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
This was a memorial service not just your normal Sunday service
And I’m so over what is worn in US.
“She isn’t in Kansas anymore Toto“
Yes, a memorial service where multiple people felt the dress code was laid back enough to show shoulders.

https://mobile.twitter.com/elliotwag...01868117454850
From Dawn Service. I’m ok about the hat. I’d prefer something that doesn’t have the soft outside ring. But yay, we moved on to a real hat!

Yum on the coat. Cascading hem. No ID yet. Reporters are saying KP is not giving official IDs so far, probably out of respect for the event.

Note she’s wearing hose today as well. So, it’s not just for HM’s benefit. She’s going to wear them at more formal events and likely forego them for less formal events.

Old 04-25-2018, 01:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

They don’t give ID for Anzac Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Yes, a memorial service where multiple people felt the dress code was laid back enough to show shoulders.

And weren’t royal

Quote:
From Dawn Service. I’m ok about the hat. I’d prefer something that doesn’t have the soft outside ring. But yay, we moved on to a real hat!

Yum on the coat. Cascading hem. No ID yet. Reporters are saying KP is not giving official IDs so far, probably out of respect for the event.

Note she’s wearing hose today as well. So, it’s not just for HM’s benefit. She’s going to wear them at more formal events and likely forego them for less formal events.

At last a hat and coat suitable for the occasion
Very nice look
Old 04-25-2018, 01:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Meghan looks nice. Agree with your summary. Love the hat!
Old 04-25-2018, 01:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
And weren’t royal
It’s interesting that she needs to be more dressed of than the events call for here, but was crucified because she was more dressed than the athletes and to wear sneakers at IG tryouts. And mind you, she’s not informal by any means with that dress.

And she’s not yet a royal as many like to point out on other more convenient occasions.
Old 04-25-2018, 01:30 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
It’s interesting that she needs to be more dressed of than the events call for here, but was crucified because she was more dressed than the athletes and to wear sneakers at IG tryouts. And mind you, she’s not informal by any means with that dress.

And she’s not yet a royal as many like to point out on other more convenient occasions.
A good point. Imho she was dressed suitably for this memorial based on the way other ladies were dressed. I'd like to think that the people taking part in the memorial were aware of the proper dress code.
Old 04-25-2018, 01:31 AM
Courtier

Brimmed hat! Yes it's a nice hat.

(..)
Old 04-25-2018, 01:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
And weren’t royal
Either is Meghan

Royals dress for the occasion. Besides the queen, they don't wear coat dresses and pearls to every single event. They dress for the occasion. Meghan didn't look out of place among any of those people in attendance. She was properly dressed for the event. But I guess she needs to bring out the cardigan, pearls and southern church hat for some people.

Anzac day:

She looks great. I love the coat, beautiful choice. And the hat is great
Old 04-25-2018, 01:47 AM
Majesty

I think Meghan looked lovely on both occasions. And at the Anzac Day Dawn Service specifically, I liked both the brimmed hat and the coat. She may have worn hose because the early morning event was in the open air and it looked as if it was very cold!
Old 04-25-2018, 05:07 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/20...4634887422.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/20...4644098030.jpg

I like this outfit on Meghan, very appropriate and BRF-like.
Old 04-25-2018, 05:28 AM
Majesty

(..)

For the record, I thought her ensemble for the ANZAC Dawn Parade was really lovely and she did Harry (and HM) proud.

(..)
Old 04-25-2018, 06:01 AM
Aristocracy

A hat with a full brim!!! I'm doing a happy dance. Meghan looks great in a hat. She rocks that vacation fedora religiously. Hoping this is a sign that all berets and beret-adjacent styles will be cast out of her closet.

The coat was also pretty fantastic. My only quibble was perhaps one too many rows of buttons. But that's really a minor nitpick.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Great coat and she has the perfect face and head for this sort of hat !
Old 04-25-2018, 07:10 AM
Administrator

Look number two today:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part/Hat **
Old 04-25-2018, 07:14 AM
Heir Apparent

(..)

I love the wide-brimmed hat, but I find something off about the gray coat. The shoulders look very wide.

Not keen on the black outfit, though the hat is cute.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

LOVE the grey coat. I hope she wears that again! Very warm touchy greeting with William, that's nice to see.

Her second outfit is just lovely...I'm ignoring the beret part which actually isn't too bad this time. This dress reminds me of what a southern woman might wear.

Great clothes day IMO.

LaRae
Old 04-25-2018, 07:27 AM
Majesty

I like everything about the 2nd outfit - appropriate, stylish, and a good hat.

My one niggle is this material that Wickstead insists on using - reminds me of crimplene.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-25-2018, 07:30 AM
Gentry

Loved both of Meghans outfits today !! She’s quickly pulled up her socks in the fashion game ! Hope she keeps up the momentum !

(..)
Old 04-25-2018, 07:38 AM
Super Moderator

Two nice looks, although I'm not sure that grey is Meghan's best color--or that shade of grey, anyway. I like her in the black at the later engagement much better, although I'm kind of over the berets. Fedoras aren't my favorite hat style either, but not a fan of berets in general. She wears it well, but...meh.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:38 AM
Royal Highness

I found both outfits for the memorials appropriate. (..)

Closed Thread