The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2018, 10:52 PM
Aristocracy

LOL I knew I could count on you MARG. Yes I saw the stockings too. Hope you also saw that was the 1st time she wore them all week. Stockings in HMQ's presence...check. What I want to see is if Meghan wears stockings to church when HMQ isn't there? I'm betting no.

Old 04-23-2018, 10:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Meghan and Harry attending the memorial services today....Meghan looks great.

https://madaboutmeghan.blogspot.com/...an-attend.html

LaRae

Old 04-23-2018, 10:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Meghan and Harry attending the memorial services today....Meghan looks great. https://madaboutmeghan.blogspot.com/...an-attend.html LaRae
Meghan looks great!
Old 04-23-2018, 10:28 AM
Heir Apparent

She looks great. At first I thought she was wearing a tweed material dress when I only saw the top. But it's a flowy dress. I think Meghan does very well with dresses this length thanks to her skinny legs.
Old 04-23-2018, 10:33 AM
Majesty

I think Meghan looks lovely. Like the dress length and style. (..)
Old 04-23-2018, 10:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
She looks great. At first I thought she was wearing a tweed material dress when I only saw the top. But it's a flowy dress. I think Meghan does very well with dresses this length thanks to her skinny legs.
You may be right on that. Her chosen dress lengths suit her.

Is it warm in London? I am assuming so given Meghan's bare arms. We have an overcast day so far here in LA. Had some drizzly rain in the very early hours.
Old 04-23-2018, 10:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
You may be right on that. Her chosen dress lengths suit her.

Is it warm in London? I am assuming so given Meghan's bare arms. We have an overcast day so far here in LA. Had some drizzly rain in the very early hours.
Don't know about today, but I do think they are in the middle of a heatwave. I think they mentioned the London Marathon that Harry attended on Sunday was the warmest on record.
Old 04-23-2018, 10:52 AM
Aristocracy

Meghan looks great today. Two thumbs up for this dress. The nude shoes are a bit of a head scratcher but they're fine. No stockings as I predicted.

(...)
Old 04-23-2018, 10:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Dailymail

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry: Couple at Stephen Lawrence service | Daily Mail Online
Old 04-23-2018, 11:06 AM
Heir Apparent

The dress is from Hugo Boss. One of my favorite brands for their simple aesthetics and tailoring. Hope to see more pieces from this brand on Meghan in the future.
Old 04-23-2018, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator

I love the dress, and Meghan looks beautiful. Not a huge fan of the sleeveless look for church, but the dress itself is super flattering and pretty.
Old 04-23-2018, 11:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

I actually love this dress on Meghan. The length is good and the fit is wonderful. The messy bun is a little too messy again for me, but other than that, she looks great.
Old 04-23-2018, 12:12 PM
Courtier

Dress is pretty and flattering but too casual for a church event IMO, the lack of sleeves is a problem for me, I was always taught that you weren't supposed to show that much skin in church.
Old 04-23-2018, 12:15 PM
Aristocracy

(..) I also didn't have an issue with the sleeveless dress for the occasion. I understand the critique but I disagree. I think this may be a generational thing. I see more women wearing sleeveless dresses in church now whereas it was definitely frowned upon 20 years ago. Sleeveless is clearly Meghan's preference so I imagine we'll be having this conversation a lot.
Old 04-23-2018, 12:32 PM
Serene Highness

Very pretty dress.....but not messy bun.
Old 04-23-2018, 12:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy- View Post
Dress is pretty and flattering but too casual for a church event IMO, the lack of sleeves is a problem for me, I was always taught that you weren't supposed to show that much skin in church.
I think church attire has evolved over time. Some are still more formal than others. But I think overall, this memorial wasn't as formal. Obviously, there are people more dressed up than others. Two of the women in the choir were in sleeveless.
Old 04-23-2018, 01:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy- View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
I think church attire has evolved over time. Some are still more formal than others. But I think overall, this memorial wasn't as formal. Obviously, there are people more dressed up than others. Two of the women in the choir were in sleeveless.
Perhaps church visists are a lot more casual in Northern Europe?? Plenty of people here go to church wearing jeans, so to me her dress seems nice and formal. Things are different in some other countries in Europe though.
Old 04-23-2018, 01:45 PM
Courtier

In the US, most Protestant churches would be okay with sleeveless dresses. Even spaghetti straps are acceptable at my husband's Bible church.

Meghan wouldn't want to wear that to a Catholic church, but this type of dress code is the minority in most churches here.
Old 04-23-2018, 01:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Most of the Catholic Churches have relaxed dress codes now as well.

LaRae
Old 04-23-2018, 01:55 PM
Aristocracy

I wore a sleeveless dress to Easter mass at my Catholic church and was among the most dressed up people there. Church attire has evolved across most religions in America but that may not be the case in the U.K.

Closed Thread