The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2018, 09:49 AM
Heir Apparent

A sundress? Has it warmed up that much? Jacket on or off, not draped over the shoulders. Hair is still too messy which adds to the all too much for this outfit. Great shoes with a lot of interest but fighting with the buttons, too many buttons, belts, belt hanging down, slit skirt, pockets, stripes , obtrusive handbag. Subtract a few things and it could work. She looks overwhelmed in her tiny frame

Old 04-18-2018, 09:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
As far as summery goes it's the warmest day of the year .
Maybe thus far, but it is early spring in London--so not really warm enough for a sundress more suitable for 80+ degrees F.

I would have preferred Meghan actually wearing the jacket. It would be more professional and polished.

Old 04-18-2018, 10:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
A sundress? Has it warmed up that much? Jacket on or off, not draped over the shoulders. Hair is still too messy which adds to the all too much for this outfit. Great shoes with a lot of interest but fighting with the buttons, too many buttons, belts, belt hanging down, slit skirt, pockets, stripes , obtrusive handbag. Subtract a few things and it could work. She looks overwhelmed in her tiny frame
I heard it was 22C. You tell me if it's warmed up that much?
Old 04-18-2018, 10:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Not liking the jacket ( not sure if it’s a jacket ) and hair. Dress seems good from what I can see Harry looks great
I’m always amazed how anyone can wear heels so high I have never managed it
Meghan really shouldn't wear such heels though.
(..)
She'll probably have a lot of trouble with them some day.

The dress is cute but looks like beach wear.
I'm not keen on the jacket either.
Old 04-18-2018, 10:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Maybe thus far, but it is early spring in London--so not really warm enough for a sundress more suitable for 80+ degrees F.

I would have preferred Meghan actually wearing the jacket. It would be more professional and polished.
I agree that I would have preferred her to wear the jacket during the event. IMO the dress is too casual without it. However if this was a private event in the summer, then it would be perfect.
Old 04-18-2018, 10:39 AM
Majesty

It's the result of living in Canada for several years. Any sunshine and warmth it's treated as balmy weather, and it's on with the sundresses!
Old 04-18-2018, 10:46 AM
Heir Apparent

(..) I'm sure she knows if she's comfortable in high heels much better than us. I don't see why she shouldn't wear high heels if she wants to.
Old 04-18-2018, 10:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Meghan Markle's Fashion and Style Part One: November 2017 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curbside View Post
It looks like someone dressed for a business meeting here in Dallas. I could see wearing this to a job interview.

So could I. I’m in Houston. Definitely seems fine for work.

Probably with the jacket on though for an interview. At least in my experience. Sleeveless seems a bit casual for that to me. The slit in the front dresses it down a bit too now that I look at it again. But it’s much dressier than a sundress imo. And depending on the company, probably fine for an interview. We’re becoming an increasingly casual society.
Old 04-18-2018, 10:52 AM
Nobility

I think she looks so casual and out of place because of how she’s dressed today.
She doesn’t have to dress like the British royals all the time, she can take a cue from Maxima, Letizia or the Swedish royals.
Old 04-18-2018, 11:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Just saw a video of her shaking hands with some of the youth leaders. It doesn't seem that she's out of place in the casual department (there is a guy that wore leopard print jacket and either a very long loose shirt or a dress underneath with boots). She only stood out because they are dressed for colder weather.

Old 04-18-2018, 11:11 AM
Royal Highness

I wasn’t too keen on Meghans out fit today, didn’t like the jacket on the shoulders to causal, also the dress wasn’t up to her usually standards ....
But loved her hair and always great to see her smiling faces ��
Old 04-18-2018, 12:14 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't consider the dress a summer dress but there is something casual and informal about it. I'm just happy it fits and it doesn't look like she is wearing a sack. It's sad when women with such long beautiful hair don't do anything with it, but at least her hair looks like it was combed.
Old 04-18-2018, 12:22 PM
Courtier

That is not a businessdess as far as Europe goes; that includes London IMHO

If she had worn a sheer blouse undernethe it would have worked.
Old 04-18-2018, 12:28 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
It's the result of living in Canada for several years. Any sunshine and warmth it's treated as balmy weather, and it's on with the sundresses!
You are absolutely right, Meghan must have been reading the weather report for Toronto where we have had an icestorm, sleet, snow and rain in the space of one weekendI would have given up on spring ever happening except even the tulips are pushing up through the snow. Ms Markle's dress was meant as a thumb in the eye of Toronto
Old 04-18-2018, 02:05 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
My guess is that the jacket was slipping around ..but a shame she couldn't anchor it somehow. It does give the 'outfit' a finished look. Still though, the shoes are really the only thing I'm kinda meh about.

LaRae
She can anchor the jacket by putting those things called arms inside those things called sleeves.
Old 04-18-2018, 02:08 PM
Courtier

Yeah, she's gonna need some help with this isn't she? I have no idea what she's thinking of when she's picking these outfits, they are so incoherent.

I say this as someone who doesn't care much about fashion and even less so about royal fashion, but even I'm noticing she's not made a good start.
Old 04-18-2018, 02:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
Yeah, she's gonna need some help with this isn't she? I have no idea what she's thinking of when she's picking these outfits, they are so incoherent.

I say this as someone who doesn't care much about fashion and even less so about royal fashion, but even I'm noticing she's not made a good start.
Really?? This is the first of her outfits I’m not overly fond of. I’ve liked almost everything and I think she’s made a very good start. I really do hope she keeps going like this.
Old 04-18-2018, 04:17 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Claude View Post
She can anchor the jacket by putting those things called arms inside those things called sleeves.

I like Meghan a lot. But that comment is hilariously true. No need to "anchor" it any other way than that.
Old 04-18-2018, 04:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Dress and shoes are great, but that blazer is too boxy in order to be worn draped over the shoulders and not look like a try-hard Insta girl
Old 04-18-2018, 04:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

This is one of her worst looks. Terrible dress.

Closed Thread