The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2018, 08:18 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
She takes it off once inside. So it might’ve been a little chilly go without it outside. I don’t like the crossbody on after she took off the jacket inside though. I feel like both the jacket and the bag should’ve been handed off to you the assistant once inside. That dress deserve to be photographed on its own.
I love the bag so I'm glad it's not hiding in Amy's purse.
The jacket draped over her shoulder is a Meghan signature but usually she's kept the jacket on when the dress is spaghetti strap or halter. I couldn't tell from the video why she made the call to take it off. Tend to agree with Pranter it was probably just in the way while shaking hands.

Old 04-18-2018, 08:22 AM
Majesty

Well, I have to say I am hugely relieved. I like the look, I like it. Maybe the dress is a bit summery/casual but it is after all not a hugely formal occasion. I like the dress, blazer, and love the bag and shoes. Not a huge fan of mounds of hair all over the place that has to be kept back with the hand, but boy, no black pants, long or otherwise. (..) Now for a bit more colour in nice dresses as summer approaches, hopefully. I'm so pleased!

Old 04-18-2018, 08:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

My guess is that the jacket was slipping around ..but a shame she couldn't anchor it somehow. It does give the 'outfit' a finished look. Still though, the shoes are really the only thing I'm kinda meh about.

LaRae
Old 04-18-2018, 08:27 AM
Courtier

I agree the dress is too summery and casual for the event, but at least it has some structure to it. She really looks out of place with a sundress on, no one else has bare arms. Don't care about the bare legs, I'm over that. Just a pet peeve, I groan every time I see someone with a jacket draped over their shoulders, put it on or take it off, don't use your shoulders as a coat hanger.

Hair and shoes are better, purse is, of course, the star of the show.

(..)
Old 04-18-2018, 08:33 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Her style is very different to what we have seen in the royal family so far - its modern and very trendy and that touch of "hollywood" feel to it. She is different fashion wise from Kate etc who tends to play it safe and British and homegrown feel to it.
Meghan is a great addition to the family - i might not like all her fashion choices but there is an edge and quirk to her outfits that is interesting and exciting to see what she wears next

Old 04-18-2018, 08:33 AM
Courtier

I love this look. All of it. Well done, Meghan's stylist!
Old 04-18-2018, 08:35 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Although a very nice sundress, it looks too summery and casual to me. It would be great for an outdoor summer engagement.

As far as summery goes it's the warmest day of the year .
Old 04-18-2018, 08:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Her hair and makeup look nice, but that's where it stops for me. The dress is fitted nicely, but it looks like something that I put together on my sewing machine at home and she does look out of place with the bare arms (she should have just put the jacket on and left it on). The bag is cute but not at an official event. Save it for a trip to the grocery store or a outing at the zoo.
Old 04-18-2018, 08:47 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I like the dress for a summer garden party, not for a high profile event as this one. The delegates there look far more professional than Meghan who still dresses like a Hollywood celebrity.
Old 04-18-2018, 08:55 AM
Courtier

I don't think she looks Hollywood at all. This would an Easter Sunday outfit (with the jacket on) just about anywhere in the US.
Old 04-18-2018, 09:05 AM
Aristocracy

Love the shoes, jacket & bag.

On the fence with the dress. Agree with people that say it looks better with the jacket. I think both the straps and the helm are nice but not together (becomes a bit busy for me).
Prefer the outfit as a whole

But the look is so "Meghan", suits her.
Old 04-18-2018, 09:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

Trying to ID the bracelet on her right wrist...

LaRae
Old 04-18-2018, 09:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Meghan Markle's Fashion and Style Part One: November 2017 -

I donít see anything Hollywood about the outfit. It looks like something any normal person would wear.

I see why some see it as a sundress, but I think itís more formal than that. The buttons, pin stripes, straight skirt, colors make it look much more formal to me. Itís something between a spring dress and a suit imo.

I donít really like the jacket draped over the shoulders either. Either put it on or take it off. It just doesnít look good draped imo.
Old 04-18-2018, 09:14 AM
Serene Highness

I liked her whole look, but that was expected. I don't think this looked anything Hollywoodish, either.
Old 04-18-2018, 09:20 AM
Majesty

Like the overall look but there is too much going on with the dress - ticking fabric, lots and lots of buttons,, inc on pockets, overlong belt (a trend I don't like but that's personal preference), asymmetrical buttoned front and what looked like extended straps to the dress at the back.

without the pockets and whatever is going on with the straps plus perhaps a dark belt (not sure) - just a neater look.

Would have preferred the jacket to have stayed on but not a big issue.

But what isn't clear - is this navy and white/cream? or black and white/cream?
Bag looks blue and white and shoes look black but varies by pictures.

EDIT: Black and white/cream definitely

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-18-2018, 09:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
But what isn't clear - is this navy and white/cream? or black and white/cream?
Bag looks blue and white and shoes look black but varies by pictures.

EDIT: Black and white/cream definitely
Everything is black and white/cream. Even the bag.
Old 04-18-2018, 09:29 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin9 View Post
I don’t see anything Hollywood about the outfit. It looks like something any normal person would wear.

I see why some see it as a sundress, but I think it’s more formal than that. The buttons, pin stripes, straight skirt, colors make it look much more formal to me. It’s something between a spring dress and a suit imo.

I don’t really like the jacket draped over the shoulders either. Either put it on or take it off. It just doesn’t look good draped imo.

YES I hate that draping-your-jacket-over-your-shoulders trend too.

The dress is very cute! and LOVE her bag. I like her whole look (okay except the jacket) and don't think it's too casual or "Hollywood".
Old 04-18-2018, 09:34 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin9 View Post
I donít see anything Hollywood about the outfit. It looks like something any normal person would wear.

I see why some see it as a sundress, but I think itís more formal than that. The buttons, pin stripes, straight skirt, colors make it look much more formal to me. Itís something between a spring dress and a suit imo.

I donít really like the jacket draped over the shoulders either. Either put it on or take it off. It just doesnít look good draped imo.
It looks like someone dressed for a business meeting here in Dallas. I could see wearing this to a job interview.
Old 04-18-2018, 09:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Dislike the hair, the Shoes, and the length [too long].

Like the colour, stripes and the bag tho'..
Old 04-18-2018, 09:47 AM
Serene Highness

I want to say I like the dress....for summer. Without jacket, IMO, it doesnít suit her. Actually like the gal in background with print better. It looks off to me. Again, the hair...

Closed Thread