Meghan Markle's Fashion and Style Part 1: November 2017 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do wonder if people are mistaking Meghan's natural skin color for cosmetics. She is part African, after all. She's always going to look like she just stepped out of a spray tan booth. :lol:

Remember her Vogue shoot sans foundation? She's not 'tan' looking ...you can see her freckles. So I don't think it has anything to do with people being mistaken..I think some folks just like to criticize because they don't like her.

LaRae

Absolutely right! A big difference when taking pictures through the car windows. By this time it was almost dark outside. I think some of the children were disturbed by the photographer flashes, poor little tykes. As well, many bystanders were using their cell phones to take pictures. But Meghan and Catherine looked wonderful and happy. I loved Meghan's earrings and dress from what I could see.

Sorry I was slow to answer another poster who was remarking on the difficulty of getting pictures through the car windows.

Last edited:
More details and info on the dress Meghan wore:
Meghan Markle Attends the Queen’s Annual Christmas Luncheon
Mad About Meghan
Meghan's Fashion - What Meghan Markle Wore

Self-Portrait Nightshade Midi dress -- She's worn Self-Portrait styles before. The Nightshade dress comes in a mini all-over lace version. The one with lace top and midi black skirt is more conservative. Meghan though may already have owned the dress. It was sold out apparently before Meghan made this appearance.

Meghan looks very beautiful, confident and at ease, in all of the photos. Harry looks happy and at ease too, aside from trying to avoid the camera flashes in his line of vision while he's driving! This will have been the occasion where Meghan got to meet all of the extended royal family members.

Meghan has a light olive-toned complexion with freckles. She likes her freckles, so she probably wore minimal foundation that allowed her freckles to show through, which we can not see through a car windshield. She seems to be wearing more eye makeup and blush than she usually does, which simply further enhances her gorgeous features. I'm looking forward to seeing Meghan wearing a tiara, but she's always had the look of a Princess/Duchess. She exudes beauty and grace, inside and out, with or without the royal trappings.

I think Meghan has an engaging, down-to-earth way about her that has probably charmed all of Harry's family members.

I'm wondering when we will see the engagement photos, and whether they will send one of the shots out as their first annual Christmas season greeting card?

Last edited:
I've seen only one pic where Meghan's makeup looks heavier than usual and that could very well have something to do with the camera flash. In any case, I really liked her makeup and dress and earrings. All very lovely. She looked beautiful.

I'll admit to being quite interested in what sort of hat Meghan will wear on Christmas Day. She doesn't strike me as someone who has really worn any sort of formal hat before but it's all part of the new uniform. Maybe she'll surprise us all and be a new Queen Beatrix in her taste? ;)

I'm curious about that as well. Though, I'll go out on a limb and say she won't go for anything too over the top or flashy. ;)

Meghan looked amazing. Her make up was beautifully done, especially her eye make up. Meghan's skin tone depends a great deal on the lighting and many times (unfortunately) photographers lighten skin tone in editing/cameras are not made well to catch golden undertones and reds that you see in darker tones. Some I do think some people are mistaking her natural tone for deeper make up.

The earrings are perfect. They illuminate her face and draw your eyes to her eyes.

More details and info on the dress Meghan wore:
Meghan Markle Attends the Queen’s Annual Christmas Luncheon
Mad About Meghan
Meghan's Fashion - What Meghan Markle Wore

Self-Portrait Nightshade Midi dress -- She's worn Self-Portrait styles before. The Nightshade dress comes in a mini all-over lace version. The one with lace top and midi black skirt is more conservative. Meghan though may already have owned the dress. It was sold out apparently before Meghan made this appearance.

Meghan looks very beautiful, confident and at ease, in all of the photos. Harry looks happy and at ease too. This will have been the occasion where Meghan got to meet all of the extended royal family members.

Meghan has a light olive-toned complexion with freckles. She likes her freckles, so she probably wore foundation that allowed her freckles to show through, which we can not see through a car windshield. She seems to be wearing more eye makeup and blush than she usually does, which simply further enhances her gorgeous features. I'm looking forward to seeing Meghan wearing a tiara, but she's always had the look of a Princess/Duchess. She exudes beauty and grace, inside and out, with or without the royal trappings.

I think Meghan has an engaging, down-to-earth way about her that has probably charmed all of Harry's family members.

I'm wondering when we will see the engagement photos, and whether they will send one of the shots out as their first annual Christmas season greeting card?

I love that dress! And earrings!

Meghan's wardrobe on Suits had lots of beautiful and classic pieces. I am not surprised by her wardrobe now - she knows how to dress for occasions.

Her skin looks tan/olive to me. Whether or not she has freckles has almost nothing to do with her skin tone. It's pretty obvious when she's standing next to Harry, who is pale and rosy in comparison. I happen to be a multiracial African-American, so I have nothing at all against her skin tone. I'd love to see her curls, though! But I know what the weather in England does to curly hair.

;)

Yes olive or light tan. It depends upon the definition I suppose. Clearly Meghan's skin tone is a couple of shades deeper than Harry's which is paler with reddish undertone. That's noticeable when we see their hands entwined up close. Of course freckles have little to do with skin tone. People of African heritage with darker skin tones are also known to have freckles. ?

People of all ethnic backgrounds have variations in skin tone, no matter how light, no matter how dark. There are also different undertones (reddish, yellowish, etc). Deepest, darkest skin tones are like black velvet. Human variation is amazing, and we should appreciate all of who we are. Life is a miracle we humans too often take for granted.

Last edited:
I'll admit to being quite interested in what sort of hat Meghan will wear on Christmas Day. She doesn't strike me as someone who has really worn any sort of formal hat before but it's all part of the new uniform. Maybe she'll surprise us all and be a new Queen Beatrix in her taste? ;)

I am so looking forward to seeing the hat. That is one of the things I am most looking forward to about the Royal Christmas this year.

Her makeup doesn't look any different to me.looks the same like the interview one and i havent seen anyone commenting on it.She looks gorgeous.Im in love with those earrings and her dress is really nice.

She looks fabulous!!! It was so great today getting to see both her and Kate. I am so looking forward to following both of their fashion---it will be double the fun!!

Last edited:
I bet Kate is probably grateful to have some of the interest on someone else for a change.

Not a fan of self portrait often but I quite like the look of this one. ?

I think she looked great from what we could see in the car :flowers:

I am looking forward to her hat at Christmas. I am hoping she is like Camilla and Anne, and by that I mean that she rocks a proper hat. I hope she doesn't go all British with fascinators, or into grandma's closet for a pill box hat. Few women can pull them off and look modern. I'd love her to go with a proper stylish hat. Zara would be the cousin if any of them, I'd like to see her shop with for hats. Though she has some awful fascinators, she also has some great actual hats in her closet.

I love the dress and earrings. She seems more dressed up than the other women there. I wonder if the reason would be that Harry and Meghan's official engagement portrait will be taken at Buckingham Palace?

I love the dress and earrings. She seems more dressed up than the other women there. I wonder if the reason would be that Harry and Meghan's official engagement portrait will be taken at Buckingham Palace?

I don’t think they were there long enough for that. She wasn’t that dressed up compared to some of the older women. Kate also wore a dress. It’s probably just because it’s her first time meeting some of the extended family members.

There's a joke that Meghan will wear hats like a boss. Southern black ladies are known for their church hat wearing game.

I think Meghan looked gorgeous in her dress and those earrings are to die for! I look forward to seeing her future outfits....

I don't think Curbside was using racial humor just stating a fact, although honestly its not just Southern black women its older black women in general. Attend any predominately black church on a Sunday in the States, and you will find black woman of a certain age who are serious about their church hats and God! You could easily pick out at least 10 hats! And let's not talk about Easter!

There was even a coffee table book about it (I own it as well). Its called Crowns Crowns: A Brief History of Church Hats - Photo Essays - TIME .

I have been to a church in LA, and the woman are serious as well. I also believe that Meghan's mother's family is from the South...so if they are invited and attend the wedding...be ready!

Last edited:
I don't think Curbside was using racial humor just stating a fact, although honestly its not just Southern black women its older black women in general. Attend any predominately black church on a Sunday in the States, and you will find black woman of a certain age who are serious about their church hats and God! You could easily pick out at least 10 hats! And let's not talk about Easter!

There was even a coffee table book about it (I own it as well). Its called Crowns Crowns: A Brief History of Church Hats - Photo Essays - TIME .

I have been to a church in LA, and the woman are serious as well. I also believe that Meghan's mother's family is from the South...so if they are invited and attend the wedding...be ready!

Very true! My grandma and aunties are particular about their hats!

I can't wait to see Meghan in a nice formal hat (all I have seen are her vacation hats) and I hope she doesn't join the fascinator club!

In regards to her attire for the luncheon, I thought she looked lovely. Though I thought the top of the dress was a little dressy for the luncheon but I guess since won't know what everyone else wore, who knows? You never see anything but the top of the ladies outfits from their cars.

Either way, its was a lovely dress..and the earrings were on point.

Meghan is wearing a dress by Ralph and Russo, and a sweater by Victoria Beckham.

Love these photos. Megan looks so very elegant in this combination. What treats we have to look forward to from this stylish young woman.

I don't like her outfit, the top is too sheer. And it doesn't seem to go with that ruffled skirt.

(I know it isn't really revealing, but I think she should have worn something more demure.)

I like the photo with the sweater, very nice. NOT liking the other outfit, far too transparent/revealing for me on this occasion.

Yes I don't like her outfit too (especially the top), but it's just a little flaw to me.

I don't like the sheer part of the dress and I sure there were a lot of gasps from the palace officials at her choice :eek:

Good grief, tell me that is a misprint that Meghan has a dress worth 56,000 pounds and I don't care who the designer is. If true that is the most dumbest thing, ridiculous thing ever. And no I do not like this dress, sheer beaded top with feathered skirt or ruffled skirt......hope this is not something forth coming all the time now........:whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom