Meghan Markle's Fashion and Style Part 1: November 2017 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gaudete I'm not familiar enough with Queen Beatrix to understand the reference?

LaRae

Gaudete I'm not familiar enough with Queen Beatrix to understand the reference?

LaRae

Queen Beatrix has/had a very....unique....taste in headgear. She always seemed to go for huge creations with lots of feathers. They were very dramatic. I think Camilla has cornered the market in imposing millinery in the BRF but part of me secretly hopes Meghan will take to Beatrix-like creations. I don't suspect for a minute I'm right of course :lol:

In some of the pictures Meghan looks like she has an inch of makeup on her face

I can't imagine Meghan in a formal hat. Perhaps Beatrice and Eugenie will take her out to buy a couple of fascinators!

I can't imagine Meghan in a formal hat. Perhaps Beatrice and Eugenie will take her out to buy a couple of fascinators!

I suspect she’ll “warm up” with a few pillbox hats at the start and work her way up. But if Bea offers to take her to Westwood to shop for hats, I pray someone steps in quick!

Ok pray she takes no advice from Bea or Eugenie when it comes to clothes or hats!!!

LaRae

I haven't seen any comments from the Royal Watchers on Twitter about her makeup?

I didn't notice her makeup being any different than usual?

LaRae

The woman wore HD foundation and contoured properly. The horror!:ermm:

Last edited:
Gaudete and Pranter, I wouldn’t be praying—I’d be begging!

Honestly, this is a no win battle for her. Her makeup looks flawless, and she's criticized for wearing an inch of make up when in reality I can see some of her freckles still. If she showed up not wearing makeup or there are flaws, she'd be criticized for not respecting the Queen.

You're so right. Whatever she does she's going to be picked to pieces by people with too much time on their hands. For what it's worth, I thought she looked very beautiful and very natural. It's the first time I've seen her and thought how "right" she appears in this new role.

Exactly. And there is also praise on Twitter for her look today, clothing, makeup etc. I'm not taking any notice of naysayers and Meghan certainly won't as the woman has sense.

Meghan is meeting her future husband's extended family for the first time....royal family members at that. Who wouldn't look their extra best? She looks fabulous!!

Her makeup doesn't look any different to me.looks the same like the interview one and i havent seen anyone commenting on it.She looks gorgeous.Im in love with those earrings and her dress is really nice.

Her makeup doesn't look any different to me.looks the same like the interview one and i havent seen anyone commenting on it.She looks gorgeous.Im in love with those earrings and her dress is really nice.

She does have more makeup today than when they had the photo call at KP. However, calling it an inch of makeup is a bit of an exaggeration. The photo call was a bare minimum of makeup.

Honestly, this is a no win battle for her. Her makeup looks flawless, and she's criticized for wearing an inch of make up when in reality I can see some of her freckles still. If she showed up not wearing makeup or there are flaws, she'd be criticized for not respecting the Queen.

Exactly. She looks fine to me.

Interestingly I can't imagine her in a fascinator and think she will look gorgeous in formal hats :lol:, what come to my mind is these simple hats with large brims. I think pillbox will look good on her too!

They are all going to a holiday party. Her makeup didn't look overdone to me.

She's has medium toned skin--maybe people think it's makeup when it is really just her natural skin tone?

From what we could see from the car; Meghan looked great. Kinda remind me of a young Whitney Houston. Beautiful!

I thought everyone’s skin looked kinda red and blotchy, particularly the men.

I thought her makeup looked really natural, although here eyes were more smoldering than usual.

I thought she looked very pretty. I’m sure Harry was beaming with pride.

The dress was very pretty from what we could see and nice for the occasion. The earrings elevated the whole look. Her hair and makeup were flawless

I think you can never judge makeup from in the car photos. I am not asking you all to compare Cathy and Meg, but if you look at the photos of Catherine arriving/departing in some she looks pale, some a single flat color, some very pink cheeked, etc. It all depends on exposure/flash, other flashes and the glass in the window. You can also see this if you look at the men in some of the photos.

And the rain on the windows did not help with discerning detail. Relax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom