Meghan Markle's Fashion and Style Part 1: November 2017 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's terrible or inappropriate in any way. I just don't have much opinion on it other than it's fine for the event. Although, I usually don't have much opinion on polo shirt and jeans. Not something I'm ever going to geek out about.

wyevale you can't fault her shirt, it's an IG shirt she's probably expected to wear!

LaRae

Last edited:
I am revising my opinion. Thumbs up. She dressed for the participants, not for the press (and royal watchers). Puts the focus on the event and the athletes. Most appropriate for this appearance.

Nothing surprising here. I knew she'd wear jeans and an Invictus polo. I don't have an issue with the trench, but wish she'd worn a jean cut that didn't require a heel.

Another “just threw something on” look to me.

Lol, why are you guys complaining? I thought Meghan looked good. She cannot make you guys happy. She is not a Nutella jar. Jessica is not bad btw.

Her fashion sense rocks and she couldn’t care less that’s all that matters really ?:flowers:

I don't understand all of the black clothing. Bleah. :ermm:

Lol, why are you guys complaining? I thought Meghan looked good. She cannot make you guys happy. She is not a Nutella jar. Jessica is not bad btw.

Not true. She has worn some nice looks, and we've stated that when it's happened. Read back thru the thread.

Folks are allowed to disagree about Jessica, opinions vary about many things.

LaRae

Not true. She has worn some nice looks, and we've stated that when it's happened. Read back thru the thread.

LaRae

I am talking about Meghan's outfit today.

I think trench coat is okay for sport event but that one doesn't look good to me. Maybe she can wear the event jacket like Harry. The bigger problem to me is her heels. No heels for sport pitch especially the grass area:bang:.

Pranter people are complaining about her wearing a black Invictus polo. We're really reaching now.

Last edited:
Pranter people are complaining about her wearing a black Invictus polo. We're really reaching now.

I must of missed whoever complained about her wearing her black IG tee...that was to be expected considering the event.

LaRae

I am talking about Meghan's outfit today.

The way you worded your first post indicated a wider range.

No the majority of folks here (that have commented) don't care for various parts of her look today or her overall look for today.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah gotcha! I realize it's a style...it's just I reject it as a architectural style ...it's like anti-architectural! :D

I like the color and the detail on the white engagement coat but that hang off of you looking a couple sizes too big is sloppy to me. Harry needs new pants too! His were all kinds of baggy in Ireland!! :lol:

LaRae

Exactly this! I absolutely recognize that it's a style and even a trendy style in some areas. And some oversized pieces look great when paired correctly with other pieces, are appropriate for the event/place, etc. but much of what Meghan wears just looks sloppy. I don't really mind the neutral colors if that's her personal taste. I lean more toward neutrals with a pop of color thrown in maybe in the form of a bright bag, fun shoes, nice coat, etc. but the neutrals really aren't a massive problem. I can see the value in bright colors for royals who are supposed to be trying to stand out and make sure they can be seen, aren't blending in, etc. But, the oversized everything just doesn't work, IMO. I absolutely loved her white coat that she wore to the Commonwealth service but definitely felt like it should have been a bit more fitted to accentuate her tiny figure rather than drown it.

I really think the best outfit we've seen yet from Meghan is the black pants with the white sweater that she wore in Birmingham followed closely by the black/white checked top that fit well, was slightly off the shoulder that she wore in Wales. These outfits looked appropriate and seemed to fit well, have a great cut, followed they were, by far, her best looks so far, IMO.

The trench coat ruined the look. The shirt and jeans were fine for the event, if she were chilly a IG zip up parka or jacket would have been the better choice. And the shoes are ridiculous for this event. Nice boots are great, but not ones with a stiletto heel. And the one day that she could have worn her hair in a messy bun and been okay she didn't, leaving her hair to blow all over the place.

Her jeans doesn’t fit her well coz she has really skinny legs .

Considering that She should have opted for skinny jeans . A good fitted jeans makes a day !

Really disappointed with some of her fashion choices considering she has been an actress who also has good access to stylists .

Seems like Meghan doesn’t really bother how she turns out at events. Unfortunate !

She should have worn blue jeans, gym shoes, and a short jacket over her IG shirt. Ponytail would be in order, as well. Or maybe the messy bun--which would be perfect under the circumstances. The outfit is not horrible, but it's not awesome, either.

Exactly this! I absolutely recognize that it's a style and even a trendy style in some areas. And some oversized pieces look great when paired correctly with other pieces, are appropriate for the event/place, etc. but much of what Meghan wears just looks sloppy. I don't really mind the neutral colors if that's her personal taste. I lean more toward neutrals with a pop of color thrown in maybe in the form of a bright bag, fun shoes, nice coat, etc. but the neutrals really aren't a massive problem. I can see the value in bright colors for royals who are supposed to be trying to stand out and make sure they can be seen, aren't blending in, etc. But, the oversized everything just doesn't work, IMO. I absolutely loved her white coat that she wore to the Commonwealth service but definitely felt like it should have been a bit more fitted to accentuate her tiny figure rather than drown it.

I really think the best outfit we've seen yet from Meghan is the black pants with the white sweater that she wore in Birmingham followed closely by the black/white checked top that fit well, was slightly off the shoulder that she wore in Wales. These outfits looked appropriate and seemed to fit well, have a great cut, followed they were, by far, her best looks so far, IMO.

I really did like her outfit (except for the beret hat) for the Commonwealth services once I got over the surprise of the white coat. When she had it open after the service I thought it looked so nice.

the Ireland outfit has been my favorite so far. I really liked her top in Wales and early on (one of the first engagements I think?) the skinny jean she wore (which she should of worn today!).

(..) Some of her pant hems have been too long which I get that can be a thing ..but perhaps a bit too long still.

Fingers crossed as we move into Spring we see more of what we saw in Ireland. Also CHOGM is coming up...I'm thinking she will be there..can't wait to see what she wears there!

LaRae

Meghan Markle's Fashion and Style Part One: November 2017 -

I think Meghan looks nice; the other spectators in the photos weren't overly dressed up either so Meghan fits in with the general dress "code" of the event. I'm pleased that she is wearing Invitcus clothes.

Last edited:
Invictus Jacket? Harry's wearing one I think..but Meghan has a trench coat on.

LaRae

This is the one time i think I actually like her terrible use of black on black, it kinda works (and she and Harry seemed to coordinate- which is by itself all kind of wrong).

Things I liked: the jeans - once I realized it was a pair of jeans and not trousers. Sadly it’s sold out in my size.
The necklace (kind of)- though damn!! 880£.
The thumb ring (not as a thumb ring though). I didn’t check the price because I really like and it’s probably as expansive as the necklace.

Things I hated: the coat, the shoes - stilleto Meghan really?, I mean really!!?, and her hair not in a night ponytail.
Also: somebody please resize her engagement ring! It’s still too big for her.

It’s a meh outfit, but fits the occasion.
I probably would not have put that jacket, and wouldn’t have either sneakers or a low heel boot, maybe even a dr. Martens.
And would definitely not wear jewelry worth hundreds and thousands of dollars!!! Not to this event.

Last edited:
https://madaboutmeghan.blogspot.com/2018/04/first-look-harry-and-meghan-arrive-for.html

Meghan today at the Invictus trials.

Meh. Does she need to wear a trench coat to a sporting event? Perhaps a short jacket would of been better in the conditions?

LaRae

I agree LaRae, the trench gives me 'Pride and Prejudice' vibe. A short jacket would definitely be better, but I do think that everything else looked appropriate if boring.

Edit: I didn't realize she had on stilettos, that's definitely not appropriate. I guess I never got a good look at her shoes in the links I opened.

Last edited:
Another disappointing look. She needed skinny jeans sneakers and jacket plus ponytail
(..)

I'm so done with these ugly ass trousers. Enough already. (...)

And whoever did not think of advising her against wearing heels at a sports event on grass is an idiot.

Also, put the hair up. At literally every event she seems to wear her hair up in a bun and finally, when it's really appropriate to wear her hair up considering the wind was blowing pretty damn hard and she had to use her hands constantly to keep it out of her face, she opts to wear it loose. Come on man, who is her stylist? Does she have one?

Ha well this just reinforces to me she needs a new stylist (presumed to be her friend Jessica at the moment).

(..) her ring needs to be sized or she can wear a spacer thing that makes it snug...unless she prefers a loose ring? Some folks might.

It occurs to me (maybe I'm behind the rest of you) that even if she does yoga a lot Meghan isn't a sporty type of person so this might be an area she's not familiar with ...that type of clothing. I don't think I've seen her wearing anything sporty other than her yoga togs.

LaRae

Meghan doesn't seem the athletic type. I don't think I've read anything anywhere suggesting she ever played any sort of sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom