Meghan Markle's Fashion and Style Part 1: November 2017 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The outfit looks good in motion, but falls flat in some standing still pictures. I loved all the individual parts of it. I think maybe if she was taller it would have come together better. However, the overall "effect" was I think great. It was very powerful in movement and the skirt is lovely. It has such graceful motion to it.

Meghan is stunning. She is one of the most photogenic people I have seen. I even didn't mind her hair down and normally I think it looks messy. But I do think this look would have been much more polished with an updo.

I honestly cannot see why the boots are an issue. Too cold for heels really and flats wouldn't of looked very good with the outfit. Great to pair with the same color shirt and belt.

The look of the boot went with the rest of the outfit.

LaRae

QFT, this is a simple outfit that has nothing wrong with it. Respectful and more reserved than I expected.
Nothing Meghan has worn is like Diana, I wish people would stop making connections that aren't there with that woman.
I though her outfit was spot on, nothing making overt statements, just Meghan being herself. And on that note, I am going to second what Xenia has said regarding the tendency to bring Diana into the discussion. Harry is not marrying a facsimile of his mother any more than William did.

Meghan is wearing an engagement ring with a small nod to Diana, that is all. Meghan is her own woman and just because she wore a coat and boots, something I am sure Diana had worn on innumerable occasions does not make it a "Dianaesque" ensemble.

I said this earlier, I liked her from head to toe. She looked perfect for the occasion imo

I am in love with the coat. Nice fitted, great look on her. :flowers:

Wasn't a huge fan of skirt at first, kind of reminded me of something Sophie would wear, but it has grown on me. Matched with the great coat, and the black turtleneck, it was a nice fresh look.

No need for 'matchy matchy' as some suggested. If anything is dated it would be that. She chose a nice blend of neutrals which work well together. And the purple purse being a pop of color against them.

Not always a purse person but I love the purse. ?

Admit I even like the boots. Nice change from the standard royal boot.

The only thing I didn't like was the boots. I think she got a crash course in why heavier (lined0 suede boots are worn by Camilla et al . . .it's freezing doing a walkabout and the cold creeps through the thin soles. We'll see if she changes them.

All in all a terrific start to her new life if a little dark.

She may be born in California but she has spent the past seven years in Canada. And while Toronto may not be the coldest part of Canada ever, temperature wise it is very much in common with the UK. Meghan will know as well as any what footwear is good in what weather. She may not know about walk abouts, but she does know about getting to and fro in Canadian winter.

I'm pretty sure the "crumpled" boots were a style choice and I liked how they looked myself.

Same here. :flowers: They suited the length of her skirt. All round loved her ensemble.

I truly cannot stand those skirts ... the rest is lost as the skirt just rules the outfit ... YUK!!!

I thought she looked great , I loved her coat .... and the skirt looked fab thumbs up for the put fit

I hate the skirt she wore and I think the coat could have done with a few inches shorter. And I also dislike the boots but that is a personal preference. She still wears the sh.t out of her outfit, just like Máxima does, even though their personal styles couldn't be more different if you tried.

Love the outfit! I thought she looked great! Can't wait to see her wedding dress!!!

I'm seriously in love with this skirt... I have a strong feeling Meghan will be a tragedy for my bank account :lol:

i won't say i liked the crumpled boots however i think she looked perfect the coat especially is pretty

Nothing Meghan has worn is like Diana, I wish people would stop making connections that aren't there with that woman.

This is the thing that gets me about all this. As much of a style icon as Diana was, she passed away twenty years ago. It's really unfair to compare her clothes from the 90s to her current daughter in law and daughter in law to be.

i won't say i liked the crumpled boots however i think she looked perfect the coat especially is pretty

The picture of the boots from the website didn't look like it's intended to be crumpled. However, given how thin her legs are, anything that doesn't hold up on its own will probably slide down. Not having much sympathy for her though, that's one heck of a problem to have. :lol:

Last edited:
The picture of the boots from the website didn't look like it's intended to be crumpled. However, given how thin her legs are, anything that doesn't hold up on its own will probably slide down. Not having much sympathy for her though, that's one heck of a problem to have. :lol:

Funny. ;) ?

:previous: Obviously the only woman before Meghan to wear a black top with a beige skirt and boots was Caroline, so too with the camel coloured coat, little black dress, etc. et al.

How sad that nobody else is allowed to choose their own clothes and styles because they absolutely have to be those that someone more important than her wore.

I see as much of Meghan's clothes ghosting Caroline as I do Catherine's ghosting Diana's. The fashion writers are just too lazy to do their jobs.

I can see the Carolyn/Meghan similarities, honestly. But I'm not convinced Meghan has been trying to channel Carolyn.

Last edited:
Fashion is really not that varied. It repeats ...so yeah at some point someone is going to wear something that looks like a previous style or something someone else has worn....people can have similar taste in clothing without there being a deliberate plan to dress like another person.

LaRae

Fashion is really not that varied. It repeats ...so yeah at some point someone is going to wear something that looks like a previous style or something someone else has worn....people can have similar taste in clothing without there being a deliberate plan to dress like another person. LaRae

Exactly so imo, too. :flowers:

There cannot be enough peole inspired by Carolyn Bessette Kennedy. She had great style!

Taste in style varies.

LaRae

There cannot be enough peole inspired by Carolyn Bessette Kennedy. She had great style!

I'm glad you identified who was being referenced because I was clueless. :huh: More than that, I have no memory of her 'style' whatsoever. I am aware she was married to JFK Jr and there was always a buzz about him (and then her) but I didn't pay attention. It seemed to be an interest of my mother and aunts, that generation. I seriously doubt Carolyn is on Meghan's radar. JMO. ;)

I'll admit to being quite interested in what sort of hat Meghan will wear on Christmas Day. She doesn't strike me as someone who has really worn any sort of formal hat before but it's all part of the new uniform. Maybe she'll surprise us all and be a new Queen Beatrix in her taste? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom