Meghan Markle's Fashion and Style Part 1: November 2017 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now perhaps she is being tactful in her wardrobe choices so as not to distract from Catherine’s choices during the Scandinavia visits. A very flashy or overly glam look would call attention away from her soon-to-be sister-in-law.

I think her look this evening is both “suit”able and strategic. A sister-in-law can be your best friend, and when she is, it’s wonderful.

Meghan knows something about a star and a supporting player.
Very good points! There will be plenty of times for Meghan to be glamourous and scene stealing in the future!

Meghan Markle’s #OOTN breakdown from tonight’s @EndeavourFund Awards:
�� - @mcqueen
�� - @mcqueen
�� - @TUXEBodywear
�� - @Prada
�� - @jimmychoo
�� - @birks + #PrinceHarry

Now perhaps she is being tactful in her wardrobe choices so as not to distract from Catherine’s choices during the Scandinavia visits. A very flashy or overly glam look would call attention away from her soon-to-be sister-in-law.

I think her look this evening is both “suit”able and strategic. A sister-in-law can be your best friend, and when she is, it’s wonderful.

Hear hear! And she looks smashing in this. I don't expect her to start dressing like and English rose for a couple of decades, if at all. :lol:

Splendid, perfect ! Extremely beautiful and well dressed !

The suit is not memorable but I love the choice. There was no need to draw any attention to her outfit at this event.

Rebecca English on Harry and Meghan's arrival at the Awards.

Hear hear! And she looks smashing in this. I don't expect her to start dressing like an English rose for a couple of decades, if at all. :lol:
Make that never! Meghan has her own distinct style and if she was playing it safe (only safe can explain blouse with a ***** bow) I don't think we can blame her as this is only her third time up at bat.

I think she probably checked out YouTube to see what the dress code is and when she saw it ranged from day suits to polo shirts for men she must have hit her head against the wall. Do I add a brooch or is that too 'flashy"? Should I wear a fabulous red blouse? No, everyone will be looking just at me. So, Harry's wearing that blue suit old blue suit (note to me = bin it) what does that leave me? I know, a Tux with a floppy bow and vertiginous heels . . . if nothing else they'll be wondering how I can walk on them. :D

Last edited:
The suit is not memorable but I love the choice. There was no need to draw any attention to her outfit at this event.

I'd argue that the suit is memorable because of the choice to wear a pantsuit to her 1st evening engagement. Stylish and classy but still uniquely Meghan.

Have to agree with Terri Terri. It may have been billed as a "cocktail" event, but I'd say that was more of the exception than the rule. There were lots of polo shirts and khakis in that crowd. Across the board, I think Meghan's done a nice job of dressing for the event and considering the other attendees. I'd love to see her go full glam but then the pitchforks will be out that she's too Hollywood. Maybe that's the strategy...keep wearing understated style at events and then BOOM kill 'em with the wedding gown.

And sorry folks the neutral colors are here to stay.

At least her hair looks much better, not messy or all in her face. Her legs would benefit,from the wide pants look, the skinny cropped make her legs look too skinny

I'd rather her wear neutrals all the time but in different styles, then wear the same style but in different colors. At least its interesting and fresh.

I loved it. Its chic and cool. Great to see her not in a traditional dress :flowers:

I wouldn't add any color, especially the suit. If it was a red suit or such, IMO it would look more office like. Its not a suit, its a play on a tuxedo, meant to be black and white to pull off the look.

That said I'd have swapped the shirt with a proper tux top, really play up the tuxedo look.

And a great updo with statement earings, just to give a small pop to the look.

LOVE LOVE LOVE this look! Chic and timeless.

LOL I don't think that is it...in some ways by going against the usual mold its drawing MORE attention. Meghan is leading the headlines with this look.

Not a fan. The skinny pants do not flatter her legs, they looked like toothpicks. I know short pants are currently in but to my eye they always look like they can’t commit and are wanna be trousers or almost capris.
What a disappointment, I was expecting something more original and interesting from her for an evening event, alas.
At least we were spared the messy bun look - she looks gorgeous in it, of course, but I can’t wait until that particular fad fades.

Meghan looked lovely. When you are honoring men who are missing limbs, due to their bravery, fashion takes a backseat. Those men were the stars. She struck the right tone.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/prince-harry-meghan-markle-live-11954512
If you scroll down on the above page, there are some better photos. Still, I'm thinking she looks a little...blah.

LOVE THIS! :flowers: Absolutely first class. She is wearing her clothes, they are not wearing her. Totally appropriate. She is not into any pizzazz, though I think what she is wearing oozes class. She dressed for the role she was to play during that evening. Well done. ;)

Splendid, perfect ! Extremely beautiful and well dressed !

Agree 100%. :flowers:

I'd argue that the suit is memorable because of the choice to wear a pantsuit to her 1st evening engagement. Stylish and classy but still uniquely Meghan.

Have to agree with Terri Terri. It may have been billed as a "cocktail" event, but I'd say that was more of the exception than the rule. There were lots of polo shirts and khakis in that crowd. Across the board, I think Meghan's done a nice job of dressing for the event and considering the other attendees. I'd love to see her go full glam but then the pitchforks will be out that she's too Hollywood. Maybe that's the strategy...keep wearing understated style at events and then BOOM kill 'em with the wedding gown.

And sorry folks the neutral colors are here to stay.

Great points. :flowers: I think we will learn a lot about Meghan's fashion intentions from her wedding gown.

I am one who found her choice at this event to be inspired. Very classy. And I agree she is not dressing to draw attention to herself or make any dramatic fashion statement. To do so may in fact be contrary to her nature. We will have to continue watching to get the full sense of her. ;) I for one hopes she stays Meghan and does not morph into 'royal dressing for events' (like I think she may have 'slightly' done at the Christmas walk, with that hat).

Meghan looked lovely. When you are honoring men who are missing limbs, due to their bravery, fashion takes a backseat. Those men were the stars. She struck the right tone.

Well said. :flowers: She was dressing to be well groomed and appropriate, not 'the star'. JMO. Loved her presence on the stage. She is a winner for sure.

I loved everything about it. Meghan is suits is my new favorite thing. The wardrobe was perfect for this event. It was chic but understated and she didn't bring attention to herself as this was not about her but about the honorees. Meghan will have many opportunities to wear fancy dresses. This wasn't one of those times. She looked amazing and glad she staying true to herself.

Well I also loved her look, especially that blouse, jacket and those heels. The only thing she was missing for me was a little bit of bling, preferably a nice pair of earrings.

LOL I don't think that is it...in some ways by going against the usual mold its drawing MORE attention. Meghan is leading the headlines with this look.

Exactly! It was a look appropriate for the event but also unexpected thus, drawing more attention. I'm not sure if it was a deliberate choice but I absolutely love that she doesn't feel any pressure to go with a predictable royal look, even if it would satisfy us royal watchers.

I thought this look was very boring, Victoria Beckham coming to my mind posing in her overrated tux/skinny pants style.

Unexpected, but appropriate and chic. Honestly I don't mind royal ladies wear something “boring” because they don't dress to entertain/impress us.

Last edited:
I liked the look a lot. Very chick, very appropriate for the event. Looking at the way her co-presenter was dressed, she dressed for the event, not to impress or highlight herself.

In general that has been her MO during all of the engagements Imo. She has dressed up suitable for each occasion, to fit with with the engagement, not to stand out or highlight herself. I appreciate it a lot.

I liked it, business-like, yet, feminine with her hair down.

I thought the suit was boring it was a red carpet do. Some nice earrings, a brooch it needed something. I find that with most of her outfits she misses the mark. All this ohh Megan is wearing trousers. Umm Diana did in fact she wore a tuxedo suit and she looked way better then megan does with some sparkle. Diana did wear pants/trousers, the Queen herself has worn trousers on official engagements usually when she is in really hot countries with bugs, Sophie LOVES wearing suits in fact on her engagement she wore pants. Meghen isn't doing anything that hasn't been done before and WAY better. So far she is so boring.

Does anyone know who designed Meghan's clutch?

I didn't like the suit at first, but the better photos made a better impression. Agree that it would be great to see it in color--plum or burgundy would be a good choice. T-Lo loves just about everything she wears. and they went gaga over this look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom