Late Princess Diana's Daytime Fashion

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this picture, but I don't have idea the exatly date or event (Ithink that it was taken in 1983) :sad:
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

This pic was from 4-5-1983 where Charles & Diana attended a disco dance at the University of Adelaide during their 1983 Australian tour

I have this picture, but I don't have idea the exatly date or event (Ithink that it was taken in 1983) :sad:

This pic was from 4-5-1983 where Charles & Diana attended a disco dance at the University of Adelaide during their 1983 Australian tour

Thank Linmarylou, so much. I had no idea.

I have another question ..... do you know if Diana wore white or black skirt with the same blouse in Auckland, New Zealand in 1983?

I have another question ..... do you know if Diana wore white or black skirt with the same blouse in Auckland, New Zealand in 1983?

I believe it was described as a black silk dress, but to me it looks more like a full dirndl style skirt. I believe she also wore a black silk waistband around the blouse. I don't believe I've ever seen a full length picture of the whole outfit. I just have a pic from the waist up in my scrapbook. Hope that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

I believe it was described as a black silk dress, but to me it looks more like a full dirndl style skirt. I believe she also wore a black silk waistband around the blouse. I don't believe I've ever seen a full length picture of the whole outfit. I just have a pic from the waist up in my scrapbook. Hope that helps.

I found a video in itn source that show Diana wore a black skirt.
ROYAL TOUR:AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAND:DAY 37

11/01/1983 - Diana wearing a Caroline Charles suit and John Boyd hat at the Guard's Chapel, London.
c
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Rex Features - Photographic press agency and picture library

The date is actually 11-9-83.

I never could understand why Diana would have worn a dress underneath a blouse like that. So it makes more sense that she was wearing a skirt. Don't you think?

By the way, where do you find all your pictures? You're my hero. I've been saving pics of Diana and have lots of scrapbooks and am now doing it on DVD on my computer but you really have good sources for pics.

I believe the white and black outfit is a skirt and blouse. I believe I remember seeing her wear the shirt with white pants.

Wow ... thanks a lot ... anyone else have more pix of this day or Diana used blouse?

11/01/1983 - Diana wearing a Caroline Charles suit and John Boyd hat at the Guard's Chapel, London.
c
Rex Features - Photographic press agency and picture library

The date is actually 11-9-83.

I never could understand why Diana would have worn a dress underneath a blouse like that. So it makes more sense that she was wearing a skirt. Don't you think?

By the way, where do you find all your pictures? You're my hero. I've been saving pics of Diana and have lots of scrapbooks and am now doing it on DVD on my computer but you really have good sources for pics.

Thank you linmarylou but you don't need me to consider your heroine, because I don't consider myself one. I just want to keep alive the memory of the Princess of Wales and you like and discuss the pictures and information. I found several photos of the Princess of Wales by sites of search , exchange photos with friends and books. I know that there are a lot of pictures of the pictures in facebook.

Last edited:
I read an article in Spanish Vogue about sweater for autumn-winter 2010 and I was reminded the sweaters that Diana wore. I love these two below.
http://www.vogue.es/articulos/el-sueter-en-tendencia/10082
May/ 1982 - Diana wearing her Koala sweater that was designed by australian designer Jenny Kee.
ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing
Sep/1985 - Diana wore this sweater when she took the Prince William on his first day at nursery school.
ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing

Last edited:
I thought those two outfits on the Japan trip were beautiful and when I saw pictures of the kimono Diana received, I was envious because it was so gorgeous.:flowers:

Thank Monic. Your pictures are amazing.

First picture:
02/02/1989: Diana in New York city. Diana wore a Catherine Walker suit.
11/10/1985: Diana in Washington DC. Diana wore a dress designed by Catherine Walker with a hat by Frederick Fox.

A beautiful outfit by Amanda Wakerley.
12/03/1993: Diana at a charity lunch at the Hilton Hotel, London, at which she gave a speech resigning from her public duties.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNN76YuETPM
01/17/1995: Diana at a school for the blind in Leatherhead.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wzDFAb6tXU

hey gfg02
thanks a lot. i have only seen the one in the getty images. its very nice for me to see some new pics of this great day. its one of those dresses and occasion which i love most.i am so happy that i have no words to explain. monic also add the one nice i have not seen before.
please if any one having more do make additions.

:previous:
I love this dress and it looks as if it would be very comfortable also.

Hi everybody,
I would like know if anyone else here have all (the picures of) the outifits of Diana in Wimbledom?
I know she repeat the outifits, but I would like to see (especially) her pictures there.
Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom