Jordanian Royals in Traditional Dress Part 1: May 2004 - May 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, from what I've seen over the years, the jordanian royal women wear 3 separate wardrobes--jeans and khakis for casual days, tailored suits for overseas and visits from european monarchy, and the traditional dresses for official Jordanian functions, like the beginning of the Jerash Festival. Sometimes, Queen Noor would wear beautiful Jordanian caftan-like outfits in Washington DC at official ceremonies celebrating peace accords. But even when visiting very conservative arab states, the only visible concession is the suits cover arms, most of the leg and the yannis or scarf is on their heads. I personally enjoy seeing them in Jordanian attire at special occasions---the lovely designs and fabrics are stunning. Queen Rania doesn't seem to wear them as much except for a few articles I've seen where she is promoting Jordan posing against the beautiful historical places in the country. Hope this helps. Maybe someone from the Middle East could give more insight.

Mary Shawn

Are the dresses as beautiful as the moroccan ones?

Am in awe of those dresses :heart:

here are some jordan traditional dress photos

Attachments

• 006_jpg.jpg
    006_jpg.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 439
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 840
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 730
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 753
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 729
Last edited:
more photos

Attachments

• woman.jpg
    woman.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 725
  • man.jpg
    man.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 727
  • sharkas.jpg
    sharkas.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 686
the first is bedouin dress, the other two are circassian:

Attachments

• bedouin dress.jpg
    bedouin dress.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 1,299
  • circassian.jpg
    circassian.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 675
  • circassian girls.jpg
    circassian girls.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 849
can sometell more about the dresses is there several depending from where you are is there a natinak dress please tell more

Attachments

• alia portrait women salt.jpg
    alia portrait women salt.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 829
  • alia portrait women saltt.jpg
    alia portrait women saltt.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 780
mousbah said:
Portrait of queen Alia in a traditional dress from Salt region
to www.mgaproduction.com

AH! Beautiful!Queen Alia,looked Amazing (MHSRIP)
I have the first custom,I love it,we wear it in Henna Parties and family gatherings sometimes. That's what most Jordanians/Palestinians do,Even the princesses wear them in such ceremonies.

Amoula said:
AH! Beautiful!Queen Alia,looked Amazing (MHSRIP)
I have the first custom,I love it,we wear it in Henna Parties and family gatherings sometimes. That's what most Jordanians/Palestinians do,Even the princesses wear them in such ceremonies.
She was very attractive, and I think without any help from the cosmetic surgeons. She was one of the people who did not change her appearance after her marriage.

But let's remember, she was only 20-something when she died, so who knows what she would have done later.

Bubbette said:
But let's remember, she was only 20-something when she died, so who knows what she would have done later.
29 - but Q. Noor had her first surgery within three years of her marriage and Q. Rania has already had her nose done( before she was married , as has P. Haya. Actually, Q. Alia's mother is still extremely good looking for a woman of her age and they always say to look at a woman's mother to know how she will look later ( thtis was of course in pre plastic surgery times...)

traditional designs by hanaa sadeq

Attachments

• mod.jpg
    mod.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 439
  • mod2.jpg
    mod2.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 378
  • mod3.jpg
    mod3.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 435
  • mod5.jpg
    mod5.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 359
  • mod4.jpg
    mod4.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 382
Last edited:
Queen Noor

Attachments

• 5690v014_guest.jpe
    5690v014_guest.jpe
    28.2 KB · Views: 649
  • 5690v019_guest.jpe
    5690v019_guest.jpe
    30.7 KB · Views: 691
Do you have a photo of Q. Alia's mother? I've never seen her before. Thanks.

shelley said:
29 - but Q. Noor had her first surgery within three years of her marriage and Q. Rania has already had her nose done( before she was married , as has P. Haya. Actually, Q. Alia's mother is still extremely good looking for a woman of her age and they always say to look at a woman's mother to know how she will look later ( thtis was of course in pre plastic surgery times...)

from mgaproduction:

Last photo of the queen Alia in discussion with her mother Hanane Toukan during an official dinner. 2 days after the queen Alia died in a helicopter accident

Attachments

• pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Ojg7OCthYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAVEANVUVFbFxgeHRoBR1JG.jpg
    pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Ojg7OCthYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAVEANVUVFbFxgeHRoBR1JG.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 1,000
maryshawn said:
Do you have a photo of Q. Alia's mother? I've never seen her before. Thanks.
she might be the one in these photoes:

Attachments

• ali2.JPG
    ali2.JPG
    11.2 KB · Views: 1,014
  • ali.JPG
    ali.JPG
    9.9 KB · Views: 849
Safaa Batin said:
she might be the one in these photoes:
She is the older lady in the photographs. And as I said, not at all bad for someone who must now be in her seventies. Q. Alia was her oldest child and she was born in 1948......so her mother must be about seventy two at the very least.

Queen Noor

Attachments

• queennurjordan.jpe
    queennurjordan.jpe
    54.9 KB · Views: 499
  • 341515.jpg
    341515.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 438
  • noorspainmon.jpe
    noorspainmon.jpe
    19.4 KB · Views: 618
  • Royal family1996.jpg
    Royal family1996.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 1,353
Queen Rania

Attachments

• 25April04.jpg
    25April04.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 626
  • 25April04Sakhara.jpg
    25April04Sakhara.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 727
  • may 2004.1 (6).jpg
    may 2004.1 (6).jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 754
Princess Aisha bin Hussein (from mga production)

Attachments

• aisha.jpg
    aisha.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 450
  • aisha.1.jpg
    aisha.1.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 438
The detailing in those dresses are exquisite! (I wonder if Canada has a traditional dress??)

Bubbette said:
She looks too young to be her grandmother? I mean if Alia had Haya at 20, Alia would be 50, her mother would probably be 70; nah, I guess that could be.
That's what also thought but the caption read so. However, she doesn't look anywhere near 70 (at least nothing like the 70-year-olds I've seen).

Lyonnaise said:
The detailing in those dresses are exquisite! (I wonder if Canada has a traditional dress??)
Canada doesnt have a "traditional" dress, just like the US doesnt have one.
Canada was colonized by europeans, so people wear traditional western clothing. But it is a very multi-cultural society so people from various ethnic backgrounds have their own traditional dresses they might wear at certain occasions.

Queen Rania wearing the traditional dress of Ma'an.

Attachments

• rania traditional.jpg
    rania traditional.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 804
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom