Jordanian Royal Ladies, Fashion & Style Part 2: July 2011 - October 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
Welcome to the
Jordanian Royal Ladies' Fashion & Style, Part 2
The previous thread can be found here

Here are some important
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

• In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:

Royal House of Fashion Moderators
dazzling, JessRulz and iceflower

Humera said:
Jordan is a very small country and it doesn't have well-known designers of western fashion. Surely a Swedish, Danish or Spanish designer cannot be compared to a Jordanian one! Designers in the developed world have all the benefit of publicity, money, and the ability to reach international markets.
Who said that Royals must wear only gowns from famous designers or brands. I am talking about representing one's culture. And I am sure if Rania starts wearing Jordanian thoubs on international events, so everybody will be interested in them, but unfortunatly, she wears them only on local events, or while visiting poor aerea, which doesn't gives them a label of quality.

Sheikha Mozah goes around in nothing but western couture on her trips abroad, not in an abaya. It's great that the Moroccans wear their caftans abroad. But that's no reason to expect others to do the same. Particularly since that's not the way it's done in most of the Middle East where western fashion is popular and is worn by many if not most women, including evening wear and wedding gowns. Even in conservative places like the UAE or Saudi Arabia a woman might be covered from head to toe but she'll most likely be wearing a western outfit underneath her abaya, I've seen it. Western designers count Arab princess and Sheikhas among their top clients.
Well, it's not because the Gulfie women choose to represent themselves this way, it means everybody must follow them, or that it gives them more importance or that if they are dressed in their tradiional outfits, they are more civilzated. Modenity and civilisation is not related by anyway to how you dress...The Gulfie women are knowen only to make the happiness of western designers who sell their creations very expensive, but everybody knows what they think about the rest...

It's great that the Moroccans wear their caftans abroad. But that's no reason to expect others to do the same
I am not expecting anything from anybody, but it's just sad that most of Middle eastern Royal women put their national/local outfits in the level of low class and folklore, and as you said that's great that the Moroccan women Royals or not wear the Moroccan caftans abroad as in their country, and just succeded to make fom their traditional coustume, a haute couture outfit.

Last edited:
the mother of the gorom looks very nice i like her sari this is nice color for her.

princess raiyah looked like princess Basma ... and her thoub is similar to her sister's Iman .

Who said that Royals must wear only gowns from famous designers or brands. I am talking about representing one's culture. And I am sure if Rania starts wearing Jordanian thoubs on international events, so everybody will be interested in them, but unfortunatly, she wears them only on local events, or while visiting poor aerea, which doesn't gives them a label of quality.

Well, it's not because the Gulfie women choose to represent themselves this way, it means everybody must follow them, or that it gives them more importance or that if they are dressed in their tradiional outfits, they are more civilzated. Modenity and civilisation is not related by anyway to how you dress...The Gulfie women are knowen only to make the happiness of western designers who sell their creations very expensive, but everybody knows what they think about the rest...

I am not expecting anything from anybody, but it's just sad that most of Middle eastern Royal women put their national/local outfits in the level of low class and folklore, and as you said that's great that the Moroccan women Royals or not wear the Moroccan caftans abroad as in their country, and just succeded to make fom their traditional coustume, a haute couture outfit.
I agree with you. The royal families should represent their own culture & traditions to the World and be proud of it, instead of fooling it with something that is not really true, and maybe not even accepted in their own society!

the mother of the gorom looks very nice i like her sari this is nice color for her.
Princess Sarah Faisal looks nice also with her thoub. I dont like Princess Rahma, too casual outfit for a wedding.

Princess Sarah Faisal looks nice also with her thoub. I dont like Princess Rahma, too casual outfit for a wedding.
her dres in prince rashed weding , she put same but bluish green in independence day

her dres in prince rashed weding , she put same but bluish green in independence day
It is not same thoub. At Rashed´s wedding she wore a purple thoub and during Independence Day´s celebrations she wore a beautiful green thoub with silver embroidery work.

It is not same thoub. At Rashed´s wedding she wore a purple thoub and during Independence Day´s celebrations she wore a beautiful green thoub with silver embroidery work.
yes that what i tell dear :blink:

yes that what i tell dear :blink:
No you wrote that is same dress but in different colour, but if you see the embroidery work is different also.

Is she always wearing those kind of dress as shown in the pic you posted?

Im not fond of the look but her overall is quite cute and very much her age IMO.

i agree she looks her age and that's the right clothes for her to wore better than the doll skirt and the heels she use to wore.
loove the glasses:)

She dresses like a normal teenager. It's actually a very American look. This is how our teenagers dress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom