Jordanian Royal Ladies, Fashion and Style: Part 1 (October 2008 - July 2011)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Alia looks so pleasantly happy in that photo. :)

Princess Alia is a graceful she looks great in here.I love her cardigan.

Albert of Monaco and Charlene´s wedding: Sarah Al Faisal
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
She was there? Sorry if I didn' notice her, maybe because she was wearing a suit and a hat that she blended in the crowd, maybe if she had worn a jordanian thoub it would be better. The suit is nice, but to me it looks plain on middle eastern royal women in such as events.

Too much fuchsia going on but surprisingly she did look good. She hasn't looked good outfit and hair wise before iMO.

Philip Treacy hat

well the color does not suit her at all and the hairdo also ..

I think as Dazzzling. And the outfit is a bit old for a young woman as her.

Detail her hairdo:
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Sorry to say that, but it truth, I find it ridiculous when Middle Eastern Royal women wear hats :bang: They look disguissed not dressd wearing them. I never recall have seen Queens Noor, nor Rania wearing a hat for such as events since they were members of the Jordanian Royal family.

Sorry to say that, but it truth, I find it ridiculous when Middle Eastern Royal women wear hats :bang: They look disguissed not dressd wearing them. I never recall have seen Queens Noor, nor Rania wearing a hat for such as events since they were members of the Jordanian Royal family.
Queen Noor wore hats for official events Sephora.:flowers:
I´d like see Sarah with a beautiful thoub at wedding.

Last edited:
Queen Noo wore many hats for official events Sephora.:flowers:
I´d like see Sarah with a beautiful thoub at wedding.

I don't recall if she had wore hats even if she's an American, but I don't like hats on the head of Middle Eastern Royals women.

In Jordan, what people usually wear for weddings, thoubs or the western evening gowns?

Off topic: You have a beautiful avatar Salma, never have seen this picture before.

No offence but I don't understand why you always insist that Rania or other Jordanian royal ladies wear thoubs at events like this....even Princess Ameerah of Saudi Arabia wore a suit and hat at William and Kate's wedding. Haya has worn hats for years. Queen Noor has worn them in the past (during visits to England, France, etc.)
I don't recall even the older Jordanian royals wearing thoubs at weddings. They do wear them to galas and receptions quite often (Princesses Rym, Aisha, Zein etc)
Is it some sort of rule that they must wear their traditional dresses outside of their country just because the Moroccan princesses do or because they're Middle Eastern? If we follow that logic than surely the Scandinavian royals should go about overseas in their national costumes.

Last edited:
No offence but I don't understand why you always insist that Rania or other Jordanian royal ladies wear thoubs at events like this....even Princess Ameerah of Saudi Arabia wore a suit and hat at William and Kate's wedding. Haya has worn hats for years. Queen Noor has worn them in the past (during visits to England, France, etc.)
I don't recall even the older Jordanian royals wearing thoubs at weddings. They do wear them to galas and receptions quite often (Princesses Rym, Aisha, Zein etc)
Is it some sort of rule that they must wear their traditional dresses outside of their country just because the Moroccan princesses do or because they're Middle Eastern? If we follow that logic than surely the Scandinavian royals should go about overseas in their national costumes.

I am not talking about Rania or Sarah only, but about every Jordanian royal woman in general who doesn't wear Thoubs on such as events to represent her country, after all royals are here to represent their countries and cultures, and I am always happy when I see that the Moroccan royals do, also Princesses Rym, Haya, and Queen Noor. Plus esthetically talking about Sarah, this outfit didn't add to her anything. If she or some people think that when you don't wear "traditional" outfits, it's more fashion. are more elegant so I don't agree...The proof are again the Moroccan royals, and Queen Noor...

And it's funny, I return you the question, because other royals decided to put their national cotumes or ethnic one in the level of folklore, that everybody should follow their example?!!! Also, talking about Swedish or Spanish royals women, if they don't wear "national" gowns, at least they continue to represent their conutries, by wearing lot of day outfits and evening gowns from designers from their countries...and this is a way of reprsentation. Of course, I don't say that every royal have to wear only brands of their countries, but there must be a balance between what they wear to represent their cultures,and what they take from international designers to belong the "International" circles...

Personally, I will continue to regret every occasion lost not wearing traditional, national or ethnic inspired gowns to represent ones' country and culture :flowers:

Yes Xavi, see the bag this is the 4rd. time that she wore it during a gala. But I like the thoub and the embroidery is beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom