Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style Part 9: July 2017 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The coat/long jacket is the best element of the outfit : classic tweed, a lovely colour combination and frayed edges. A plain shift dress would have been a better choice. Peep-toe shoes looked a bit awkward.

Last edited:
Princess Gertrude :previous:
Yes just wish it had been a bit longer and can understand for she is a young sexy royal wife and maybe wants to strut her stuff.....who knows. The outfit is gorgeous on her, she looks gloriously happy and her hubby the same.

This is one royal lady that really rocks hats...her face is the perfect shape for any style of hat. And she is gorgeously beautiful to begin with.

Also do not like those shoes, to matchy matchy with the purse the same.?

Last edited:
I don't like her shoes either. In fact I hate that style of open-toe shoe on everyone.

Love the color and flow of the dress..I do think it's a bit short and I'm not quite sure about that coat/sweater ...but she still looks lovely.

LaRae

Oh dear... I think that whole outfit is dreadful and ages her about 30 years. That coat looks like something Princess Anne would wear.

She had been doing so much better too!

Its a really nice outfit on Princess Stephanie and a nice colour too,the hat too is very lovely.

Love the color and flow of the dress..I do think it's a bit short and I'm not quite sure about that coat/sweater ...but she still looks lovely.

LaRae

My exact thoughts. The dress is perfect. It was spoiler by the coat.
Great colour on Stephanie!

:previous:
The coat/long jacket is the best element of the outfit : classic tweed, a lovely colour combination and frayed edges. A plain shift dress would have been a better choice. Peep-toe shoes looked a bit awkward.
I agree. The dress color and hat are too many blues. Overall, dreadful look I agree, the shoes are unattractive, both the style and color

Last edited:
You don't have to match shades. Beautiful mix. If head to toe in one color she would resemble a muppet.

The color is fantastic on her. I am in love with the beautiful hat. Suits her :flowers:

The coat is a bit mature but works here. With the shorter summer dress, the coat and hat makes it more elegant. I find it a perfect balance. A simple shift dress under it, she would come off as her age contemporary in uk, a bit matronly. No jacket, or more youthful, she would come off under dressed. A beautiful tweed coat and hat, with a lovely summer dress, great mix.

But I hate the shoes :sad:

All in all, she continues her run of good looks.

Love the colors and the style. The jacket and the hat are amazing. Just wish the dress were a little longer (maybe hit at or right below the knee), the shoes are my only real complaint, I just don't like them. Hair and makeup are perfect!
I too love the colours and the way the segue effortlessly together. It is a colour palette that really works for her but as noted had her ensemble been a little longer it would have been more elegant and it would have balanced the broad brim of the hat a little better.

It's not easy getting the exact right length because where Stephanie's ensemble needed to be longer, the ever elegant Princess Claire's needed to be a lot shorter.

http://68.media.tumblr.com/2590ba1ece7dd63015840fddb0f1d8ed/tumblr_ouixwvlPaG1r6jme9o5_250.png

http://68.media.tumblr.com/1359632adc58b63386a26c4a960749a1/tumblr_ouixwvlPaG1r6jme9o1_250.png

I love the jacket and the dress, but not together. The jacket looks too heavy texture-wise for the flow-y, summer-y dress. Her hat is lovely and looks so pretty on her. Definitely a win for Stephanie!

I like this look, the blues don't have too match it would have looked way too much if they did. Another pair of shoes would have been good.

i find the dress lacks 'weight': it looks like a very informal summery dress without it, and i think for this sort of event, where you wear a hat and all, something more formal and substantial is required / looks best. maybe if it was longer the problem would be solved. she can rock a large hat though!

I adore the colour of Stephanie's dress, it's very bright and summery. I like how her hat matches too. Her jacket is a bit too shabby in appearance for me though.

i love the hair like that on stephanie. the jumpsuit is something a bit different, so happy claps on that, but the colour scheme is just too busy for my liking. in any case, it seemed a fitting choice for the informal gathering...

Didn't she wear that jumpsuit before on another occasion this year even with the same shoes?

She looks great in the jumpsuit. TOo bad about the tan lines on the shoulders detracts from the nice halter neckline

I really want to like it...but I just think it's too bright/busy. A skirt/pant with that pattern and a solid top would of been much better.

Honestly, I like the jumpsuit but think the shoes are terrible with it- it called for a sleek shoe, in black I think.

If she was going to repeat it, I really wish she'd used a different shoe

Beautiful bright blue color! Nice hair , lovely!!!

I liked the jumpsuit in May and still do. But the shoes not so much :flowers:

The blue color is fantastic and great style.

Hair and accessories great on both ?

Last edited:
I liked the jumpsuit thingie but with the neckline that high her hair needed to be up I think and the tan lines didn't help.

The sapphire evening gown is gorgeous on her. The rich, deep blue really lights her skin up and her accessories were spot on. Her hair and jewelry were the perfect finish.

Still don't like the jumpsuit, but I like her hair down & free-flowing. And I rarely say that about anyone! lol

The royal blue dress is absolutely beautiful!

I always thought she had a girlish look about her, but her face is maturing, and it suits her. Not to be confused with aging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom