Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style Part 8: February 2017- June 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to google the tiara to remember it's name, but the initial title that popped up in my head was 'toy tiara' ... So I agree with your assessment of it ;).

Last edited:
:previous: Aarrghh...see what I mean?

It's probably a personal gift from her husband or someone else in her family but it's just not very impressive.

I wish we could see a repeat one day soon of her birth family tiara that she wore on her wedding day. The Lannoy Tiara is very lovely and looks nothing like a toy at all. ;)

Last edited:
:previous: As the Lannoy tiara belongs to her family, it's highly unlikely to be seen again. She has access to plenty of tiaras without borrowing her family's only known tiara.

But I agree the butterfly looks like it comes from Claire's. Wish she'd forget it.

I really like her day dress. Not always a fan of lace, often matronly on young women. But the style is young, and the bright pink gives it a fresh feeling. Not my choice of color but looks great on her.

The black dress has a lovely neckline. Would have preferred a different color. Not her best look lately but definitely better than many previous evening. Her hair is elegant as usual. Just wish better tiara.

I keep hoping with national day coming, we don't see an end to her great show of fashion the last weeks. I am hoping for an amazing evening look like in Cannes, but rocking some jewels and a tiara like Norway.

Her look at the dinner was very simple and couldn't go wrong.

That pink dress Stephanie wore at the welcoming ceremony looks really lovely on her.
For the evening...its simple dress but even though black can have slimming effect, this kind of design makes Stephanie look bigger than she is (its like towel wrapped around her body, totally concealing her waist). Not bad look but not good either.

Last edited:
Stephanie wore the Butterfly tiara, see Cour’s photo and click to zoom in.

Her family probably do not want their tiara travelling between Belgium and Luxembourg and there's no need since she has access to the GDF collection. It’s safer sitting in some vault, waiting for the next Lannoy bride. Isn’t Stephanie’s brother engaged?

Both the welcome and gala outfits were safe. I'd prefer a different pink and think she has enough lace dresses already. The black gala dress worked well with the sash.

RTL day 1's gallery has more receiving line photos before the dinner. Unless more photos are added, those greeting photos are at pages 31-37 for now.

Wait till Moonmaiden sees this!

LOL

LaRae

That red & pink Paule Ka is beautiful! Hope we get pics without her arm blocking.

I don't know where the old Stephanie has gone, but I am really glad this one is here now. Va room! And I mean that in a good way. It's like she has grown wings and taken flight! Please, more!

The red and pink dress is beautiful. I love the design.

Wow Stephanie looks fantastic. Beautiful design :flowers:

Don't know what inspired this fashion change but do hope continues.

definitely a sartorial change, for the better! i am sure a stylist is now behind the scenes.

Another beautiful look from Stephanie. Finally she dresses like someone of her age should. Whether its a stylist or not, please continue!

What stunning dress! What stunning Stephanie!

When I first read posters discussing a RED and PINK dress I started reaching for the smelling salts...yikes...Valentine's Day is over, right?!:ohmy:

Then I clicked open the photos. OMG...how beautiful is that evening gown!! What on Earth has gotten into Stephanie lately...is Saturn in retrograde? Is Venus aligned with Mars? That girl has has come out with a vengeance this month. I haven't been so stunned since she appeared in that show stopper bridal gown.

She has now joined the ranks of Royal ladies to watch!;)

I'm telling ya...someone in her circle must be reading the thread here! lol

LaRae

:previous: Let's get together and send him/her a fruit basket!:lol: If she knocks it out of the park on National Day next month I will officially declare her an emerging Royal Fashionista.

I vaguely remember when she first got engaged to Guillaume when they were standing in the garden at Berg she said something about being into "surprises"...then again last year when a reporter in Lutzembourg RTL asked her about having children she is alleged to have said she wants it to be a "surprise" when it happens.;)

So maybe she has been planning to spring this sudden transformation on folks all along.:whistling:

Last edited:
When I first read posters discussing a RED and PINK dress I started reaching for the smelling salts...yikes...Valentine's Day is over, right?!:ohmy:

Then I clicked open the photos. OMG...how beautiful is that evening gown!! What on Earth has gotten into Stephanie lately...is Saturn in retrograde? Is Venus aligned with Mars? That girl has has come out with a vengeance this month. I haven't been so stunned since she appeared in that show stopper bridal gown.

She has now joined the ranks of Royal ladies to watch!;)

Great comment! You're too funny, and right on the money! (I'm a poet..hee)

:previous: Let's get together and send him/her a fruit bowl!:lol: If she knocks it out of the park on National Day next month I will officially declare her an emerging Royal Fashionista.

I vaguely remember when she first got engaged to Guillaume when they were standing in the garden at Berg she said something about being into "surprises"...then again last year when a reporter in Lutzembourg RTL asked her about having children she is alleged to have said she wants it to be a "surprise" when it happens.;)

So maybe she has been planning to spring this sudden transformation on folks all along.:whistling:

I'll kick in 10 dollars towards that! LOL

Her wedding dress was simply gorgeous and she looked amazing in it. I think the white dress (was that Armani?) with the amazing earrings is closest I've seen her come in comparison.

LaRae

This is the second time she has been caught not really knowing what to do with her clutch.

The dress is beautiful though. She looks perfect!

The Cour provided a bigger photo. No watermark.

I'm cautiously optimistic on style change. Paule Ka has worked well for Stephanie in the past so I don't necessarily believe she got a stylist. These few weeks had big/fancier events (Norway birthdays, Venice, Cannes, Octave, state visit) where anyone would glam up more.

Oh my, she looks even better close up....just love that dress on her.

The necklace looks very nice...any ID on that?

LaRae

The Cour provided a bigger photo. No watermark.

I'm cautiously optimistic on style change. Paule Ka has worked well for Stephanie in the past so I don't necessarily believe she got a stylist. These few weeks had big/fancier events (Norway birthdays, Venice, Cannes, Octave, state visit) where anyone would glam up more.

Her clothing has never been this improved though...she's had hits now and then but mostly lots of disappointments. The past 3 weeks at least...she's been on point..daywear and evening are all hits.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
Tonight at the gala dinner for the president of Portugal
http://www.monarchie.lu/pictures/ph...President_Republique_portugaise_800_thumb.jpg... [snipped]
This gala dress made Hereditary Grand Duchess Stephanie appear bigger than she really is.
Red/pink Paule Ka dress for the return dinner on May 24th:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DAnuT_kWAAAxIUy.jpg
.... [snipped]Stephanie looks great.
Hereditary Grand Duchess Stephanie looked great, indeed. Red colour became her well. Grand Duchess Marie-Teresa's stole reminded me of the epitrachelion an Orthodox priest wears.

Last edited:
She looks amazing!!! Love the red and pink dress!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom