Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style Part 7:June 2016 - February 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After 4+ years as HGD, Stephanie's style isn't likely to change unless she: a) decides to change on her own b) suffers a horrible wardrobe malfunction that forces her into action c) someone gives her constructive criticism and she accepts it

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if she simply wore Natan most of the time. It would be a baseline at least.

Maria Teresa has worn bigger hair clips but she get away with it because her hair is short so it looks like a nice updo. I don't think anyone in the GDF has stylists/dressers. Maybe only for special events.

Clueless is no excuse for a professional, grown married woman. She should evaluate how she is doing her job, what her speeches are like, how she sounds, walks, if her clothes fit and photograph well and how her hair looks. If she thinks she is just fine in every way, maybe get a second opinion from some experts. Notice that her hair is almost always done well, she must have decided to entrust that to professionals, or simply Cares more about her hair.

Her speeches sound just fine to me. And if there is a real problem with how she is doing her job as HGD it is up to Grand Duke Henri as Head of the Grand Ducal House to lay down the law to her.

The fact that she continues as she is tells me that the people of the Grand Duchy are not complaining and therefore her parents in law are not unhappy with her.

The future of the dynasty is ultimately the responsibility of the Head just as it it in all the other monarchies...like Britain, Denmark, Sweden etc and Henri and Maria Teresa seem as image conscious as any of them.

As for fashion and grooming, ITA 100% that a stylist is desperately needed. I just don't begin to understand what's going on in that direction. But as Prisma pointed out, I don't think anyone in that family is anything to write home about fashion wise...not MT, not Tessy, not Alexandra, not Claire.

The closest anyone comes to being consistently elegant and stylish is Princess Sibilla.

Last edited:
Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume and Hereditary Grand Duchess Stephanie attended the evening dedicated to the craftsmen of the exhibition "Masters of Masters, Art of Crafts and Crafts of Art in Luxembourg" in the new buildings of the Bank and Caisse d'Epargne of the State in Luxembourg.

Beautiful appearance!

https://scontent.fath4-1.fna.fbcdn....=dff30ab3182074b93092955664a71860&oe=58BFF9F3

Another real lovely dress, love the detail. Her hair looks fantastic. She has been stepping it up lately :flowers:

poor stephanie. i guess no one will ever give her a break.

i do love seeing the glamour of royalty (epitomized by the likes of charlene), but someone who does a good job is high up my list, even if her clothing isn't completely right or her hair isn't perfect. as far as i know, stephanie has never shown up in anything inappropriate or compromising. perhaps boring, yes. i would even give you ill-fitted at times, but to signal that she is not doing her job well because she dresses in 'normal' clothes is going a bit too far.

can we not just agree that some people may not enjoy/feel comfortable with dressing up to the nines?

:previous: we are on a fashion thread so we we here to discuss her fashion. Now if this was her current events and we were griping about clothes I could understand.

I do agree though, her lack of fashion in no way reflects her inability to do her job and do it well. Reality though, she her you are a princess or a nurse or anything in between, how you present yourself at work will always be critiqued

I don't think anyone expects her to be always dressed to the 9's. I think what is expected is when they (royals representing their country) are 'working' they should be dressed well. Stephanie has really struggled with this. She needs a stylist at least until she learns what to wear/not wear.

LaRae

:previous: we are on a fashion thread so we we here to discuss her fashion. Now if this was her current events and we were griping about clothes I could understand.

indeed, we are in a fashion thread - then why are we discussing her competence as a princess and her ability to represent luxembourg based on that?

i completely agree that we are all judged on how we look, more so public personalities. and it would be great if stephanie could be a great princess and dress fabulous. but the fact that her clothes are not something we like does not reflect on her ability to represent her country.

would posters prefer a princess who attends an event for the main reason of wearing her latest glitzy gala dress, or one that genuinely cares about attending the event for the event itself and for the effect it can have in their country or the organizations they support? i know exactly what my choice would be. now, if she could do the last wearing a glitzy dress... i won't argue. but if i was attending an event with a royal, i would much rather they engaged with me and discussed with me about my work than worry about how they look.

As unfair as it is, women’s clothes/style are judged more than men’s. Especially those in the public eye. There is more variety than a man’s standard business suit. Some of HGD Guillaume’s suits are too tight but no one cares or questions his competency.

Stephanie’s appearance at the art exhibition on 11/30 is lovely. Here’s a bigger photo and the coat looks like the grey version of the orange coat worn for the tour of Luxembourg on Place Royale.

Her outfit at the Info-Handicap conference on 11/29 is blah. Again those pants and slightly snug jacket but the other women aren’t that much better.
https://blobsvc.wort.lu/picture/745...rtv3/14e87fcf73a425112f30cd3bb2c1930c4995ff6b

Nevertheless, I like the HGD and root for her as well.

ETA: fixed photo link

Last edited:
As a woman whose great joy as a child was dressing her Barbie dolls and styling their hair Stephanie is sometimes a great frustration to me. She is quite a lovely young woman, flawlessly educated, grand historical family background, never vulgar in appearance or demeanor though mostly a tad frumpy and too old for her age of 32 years.

In other words perfect Royal princess material for a change, which is one of the reasons I was drawn to her from the start.

But it's the little things(fashion wise) where she consistently flops and that's what I don't understand. I can see from looking at photos of the other Grand Ducal women and from other women in the Grand Duchy that Luxembourg is not exactly a fashion hot bed but plastic butterfly clips in the hair are a huge NO NO unless you are out doing laundry.

I still think her husband, her family and the Grand Duchy have every reason to be very proud of her...how many other young Royal women would have been chosen to entertain the Russian delegation to their respective countries because they were familiar with the language and culture of that country? But as I posted earlier if all goes according to plan she is going to be the wife of a Head of State and needs to step up it up fashion wise.

She looks lovely in those photos above!:)

Last edited:
I can see from looking at photos of the other Grand Ducal women and from other women in the Grand Duchy that Luxembourg is not exactly a fashion hot bed but plastic butterfly clips in the hair are a huge NO NO unless you are out doing laundry.

Eh, if the Duchess of Cambridge can wear plastic hair clips when on tour with a professional hairdresser, I certainly won’t slam Stephanie for using them when doing her own hair for a daytime engagement. And as seen above, Grand Duchess Maria Teresa wears them and I’ve seen them on other royal women, so I can only assume that royals don’t think they’re a huge no-no.

And I see celebrities and professional women wearing them all the time, so really don’t see why so many of you seem to have such great hate for them.

Last edited:
:previous:

I can honestly state that I have never seen the Duchess of Cambridge or any other Royal female wearing plastic hair clips while performing public Royal duties.

My main problem with them is that they look cheap and...well..plastic.:sad:

Stephanie's blonde hair is one of her best attributes. It's really beautiful in fact. Why use dime store hair accessories?

And sorry but there is-or should be-a great difference in how a Royal woman presents herself in public vs a mere celebrity.

:previous:

I can honestly state that I have never seen the Duchess of Cambridge or any other Royal female wearing plastic hair clips while performing public Royal duties.

My main problem with them is that they look cheap and...well..plastic.:sad:

Stephanie's blonde hair is one of her best attributes. It's really beautiful in fact. Why use dime store hair accessories?

And sorry but there is-or should be-a great difference in how a Royal woman presents herself in public vs a mere celebrity.

She’s done it several times:
http://whatkatewore.com/wp-content/...ackham-Close-Up-of-Hair-Splash-555-x-6001.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/d1/69/43/d169435e1e5ed2fcb3bade0e01f4772a.jpg
http://whatkatewore.com/wp-content/...-Green-Hobbs-Persephone-S-Lock-images-Pol.jpg

Anyway, my point was that Stephanie is hardly the only royal or person in the public eye to use them and it’s far from the worst fashion crime she or some other royals have comitted.

As unfair as it is, women’s clothes/style are judged more than men’s. Especially those in the public eye. There is more variety than a man’s standard business suit. Some of HGD Guillaume’s suits are too tight but no one cares or questions his competency.

Stephanie’s appearance at the art exhibition on 11/30 is lovely. Here’s a bigger photo and the coat looks like the grey version of the orange coat worn for the tour of Luxembourg on Place Royale.

Her outfit at the Info-Handicap conference on 11/29 is blah. Again those pants and slightly snug jacket but the other women aren’t that much better.
https://blobsvc.wort.lu/picture/745...rtv3/14e87fcf73a425112f30cd3bb2c1930c4995ff6b

Nevertheless, I like the HGD and root for her as well.

ETA: fixed photo link

If you choose to look, you will find a whole thread on male fashion. Where too tight suit, dirty shoes, no handkerchief and such are commonly commented on.

The reality is for many people, there doesn't seem to be more than standard suit. We comment only when it is something out of the norm, good or bad. Reality there just isn't a huge following of men's tailored suits.

If you choose to look, you will find a whole thread on male fashion. Where too tight suit, dirty shoes, no handkerchief and such are commonly commented on.

The reality is for many people, there doesn't seem to be more than standard suit. We comment only when it is something out of the norm, good or bad. Reality there just isn't a huge following of men's tailored suits.
I'm aware of the men's fashion thread and have posted there before. Indeed people comment but I think it's still hard to get menswear so terribly wrong that men's competency or representation questions come up frequently.

I don't think any of them should be wearing plastic hair clips. Those things are for little girls not grown women in the public eye.

She’s done it several times:
http://whatkatewore.com/wp-content/...ackham-Close-Up-of-Hair-Splash-555-x-6001.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/d1/69/43/d169435e1e5ed2fcb3bade0e01f4772a.jpg
http://whatkatewore.com/wp-content/...-Green-Hobbs-Persephone-S-Lock-images-Pol.jpg

Anyway, my point was that Stephanie is hardly the only royal or person in the public eye to use them and it’s far from the worst fashion crime she or some other royals have comitted.

I had never seen those. Thanks Princess Larisa. Kate, along with Stephanie has gorgeous hair. The possibilties are endless. I think tiny clips like Kate's wearing in those photos are not ideal but they are ok. It's the larger butterfly clips that I just don't find very polished for Royal women performing public duties.

Last edited:
Beautiful color and lovely hair!!

Maybe she's reading the thread!!! LOL

Such a lovely look today...color and style...hair, shoes, coat and jewelry....so nice!

LaRae

nothing wrong with plastic clips indeed - as we have seen on kate, i think she still can look professional and have a beautiful hairstyle with plastic pins. she is after all a young royal, those hairstyles are well suited for her age.

Oh wow...beautiful color on her and that hairstyle is pure elegance, especially from the back.

Home run for the HGD!;)

I think Stephanie really pulled a blinder here. When seen with her matching coat, clutch and shoes and a flash of cyclamen pink visible at the neck the coat to "lift" the ensemble I thought she looked really lovely. Boring but lovely nonetheless.

But, when that coat came off . . . Wow! Stephanie looked amazing! Who would have thought that bright cyclamen pink would look so gorgeous on her or that it would give her such a healthy glow.

I love the colour, cut and style on her, not an ill-fitting bodice or puckered hem in sight. Just a lovely A-line dress with a very elegant and flattering low back detail. Stephanie really pulls off the colour block look and the clean lines of this dress really hit the right note. Her accessories are right on target and look so perfect against the bright pink, especially the necklace. Last, but never least, her hair was perfectly styled for the dress with just the right juxtaposition of curls offsetting the clean straight lines of the dress.

Altogether an A+++ turnout. Stephanie has never looked better.

Stephanie looked beautiful today! I have no complaints. That shade of pink is just gorgeous.

Maybe she's reading the thread!!! LOL

Such a lovely look today...color and style...hair, shoes, coat and jewelry....so nice!

LaRae

Haha! :D I often wonder if the royals ever read TRF; but perhaps this is Stephanie's way of telling us that she does ;)

I love the sleeve detail..they slightly flare, very elegant/feminine when she moves her arms.

LaRae

That shade of pink looks beautiful on her. The dress fits well. Her hair looks lovely.

I think Stephanie really pulled a blinder here. When seen with her matching coat, clutch and shoes and a flash of cyclamen pink visible at the neck the coat to "lift" the ensemble I thought she looked really lovely. Boring but lovely nonetheless.

But, when that coat came off . . . Wow! Stephanie looked amazing! Who would have thought that bright cyclamen pink would look so gorgeous on her or that it would give her such a healthy glow.

I love the colour, cut and style on her, not an ill-fitting bodice or puckered hem in sight. Just a lovely A-line dress with a very elegant and flattering low back detail. Stephanie really pulls off the colour block look and the clean lines of this dress really hit the right note. Her accessories are right on target and look so perfect against the bright pink, especially the necklace. Last, but never least, her hair was perfectly styled for the dress with just the right juxtaposition of curls offsetting the clean straight lines of the dress.

Altogether an A+++ turnout. Stephanie has never looked better.
Just when I had about given up... I agree on the hair and your description is perfect, especially the low back detail. Thank you for. Your input.

Wow fantastic look :flowers:

Looked lovely with the coat. The deep color coat with the hint of pink was lovely. :)

But without the cost fantastic. The vibrant color is amazing on her. Her accessories are fantastic, and her hair is stunning.

The pink dress is a winner IMo. I liked the color on her, the style of the dress, her hair looked good and I liked the necklace.
The pumps were a bit too much for me though. Nevertheless, a great look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom