Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style Part 7:June 2016 - February 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why doesn't she have on a blazer or sweater over the blouse the outfit looks unfinished.

I don't think she should be better dressed but she should be as well dressed as they are.

Stéphanie at the 125th anniversary of Luxembourg-Russia diplomatic relations, repeating the DvF jumpsuit from GD Jean's 95th birthday celebration:

http://www.monarchie.lu/pictures/photos/actualites/2016/11/23112016-russie/20161123_200226.jpg

It's a jumpsuit :eek: I guess just bad angle. Looks like a wide top rite equally wide pants. Was going to comment on horrid proportions, need a more tailored top Ruth wide pants, but jumpsuit throws that out. The top is nice enough, the sleeves and neckline detail is lovely. But the proportions, jumpsuit or not, unflattering.

On a side note, hair looks lovely and love her pearl accessories.

I don't mind this recent look. I like the light pink under the blue suit. I love her earrings. The coats looks perhaps tight though but may have just been the angle. But one of her better looks lately IMO.

I do like the red coat from the other day.

I'm not a fan of Stephanie's trousers but I expect them from her now, so I'm not surprised by them. I think the shade of pink she is wearing is beautiful and I actually rather like her bag. I love the design.

:previous: Stephanie looks gorgeous. Her dress is simple but elegant and the shoes give the outfit a pop of colour. She also has a great smile!

The pink top.was too tight from,what I saw in other photos and so was,the bra giving her all kinds of lumps and bumps.if you are going to be a public person, you have to be more careful of such things.
The beige dress with the red shoes,looks like a winner from the one picture.

Simple elegant look. The scardpf and shoes give an amazing pop of color :flowers:

She's been looking pretty good at these last three occasions and starting to own her style.

I like her style :)
I observe that apart from pictures where everyone's lined up for a photo session, she is rarely looking at the camera. So she's not self-conscious, not posing and pouting, just genuinely present with the others where she happens to be.

What is in her hair tell me that is not a clip. it matches but no surely she had something else she could have used.

A few more of the private school "Fieldgen" event and their album on Facebook

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=58c76571a8ea33458c147786d23602a5&oe=58CBB573

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=f37babdc32a3eb7c12dacf76bfc8674c&oe=58BE8B8B

Overall, I like it although I'm not sure about the bow. Design looks like Natan?
I love this dress on her. Finally something that fits her well. She may need to have this in several different colors, lets say, black, red and maybe a nice blue. The the clip in the hair is just a HUGE No-No.

I like her style :)
I observe that apart from pictures where everyone's lined up for a photo session, she is rarely looking at the camera. So she's not self-conscious, not posing and pouting, just genuinely present with the others where she happens to be.

I completely agree. I am not at all impressed with the HGD's sense of fashion and style(or lack of) but she doesn't seem to forget that she is not a starlet on the red carpet.

I can't stand it when Royal princesses seem to be constantly seeking the cameras. It drives me bonkers.:bang:

I love this look the more I see it, closer up. I even don't mind the clip. Love all the red accessories. She needs more looks like this :flowers:

I completely agree. I am not at all impressed with the HGD's sense of fashion and style(or lack of) but she doesn't seem to forget that she is not a starlet on the red carpet.

I can't stand it when Royal princesses seem to be constantly seeking the cameras. It drives me bonkers.:bang:

definitely. stephanie has something very genuine going on about her. she understands that her role is about fostering relations and making things happen and not being 'the star of the show'. sadly, we see the complete opposite in other (mostly female) royals out there, so she is a refreshing take on what modern royalty should be about. i say chapeau to her - she concentrates on what really matters and doesn't give in to what people think (mostly all the criticism towards how she dresses). she seems articulate, clever, down to earth. yes, her clothing can be improved but it is what's beneath that really counts and stephanie has great depth to her whatever she wears. (or would people rather have a bimbo consort who is a fashionista but then copies a former first lady in her first speech to the world, thinking no one would notice? hint, hint! ;) you probably know who i am referring to!)

Yes it was a giant plastic hair Clio in her hair. Just because she is careless in her grooming, doesn't make her more authentic, it just makes her careless.

I think all the Princesses are who they are there is nothing wrong with caring about your appearance and making an effort that is part of their job.
I think all the Princesses do their jobs and care about their causes , Stephanie is no different than the others.
She may be nice but I for one believe she can be a real tough cookie, going back to the engagement and the look she gave Gui when he took something off her face. If looks could kill he would have been dead.

:previous: I suppose it's all about perceptions.:cool:

I have viewed that video dozens of times and I saw nothing but surprise and self-consciousness when Gui tenderly wiped a wisp of hair away from his fiancee's face. I sense that she is not comfortable with public displays of affection, it comes across loud and clear.

But so what if she is a "tough cookie"? It means she is following in the footsteps of her mother-in-law, who is also alleged to be a tough cookie and sometimes much worse. Stephanie will need to be tough. Good for her, I say!

I don't see anything wrong with being well presented and well dressed(It's why I frequently gush over Charlene of Monaco).

I simply don't think that's the most important job of a Royal(even though it's obviously the most important visually and obviously for the purposes of a fashion thread.)

I find the HGD far less grating than two certain princesses who come immediately to mind who are always grinning in the direction of the cameras , obviously delighted to have attention on themselves. I think it's just tacky and undignified.

Having said that...yes I agree. The plastic hair clips are simply awful.:eek:

Last edited:
We see different things, this is a fashion thread so we discuss her style. Her character is not what this thread is about.

:previous: This thread IS about fashion, you are right. But since opinions were formulated about the HGD's character and personality in this thread I responded to them.

A poorly dressed woman can mean that the said women is "careless" as posted above or it can mean that she is simply clueless.

I think maybe Stephanie is a little of both careless at times and clueless as to what looks good on her.

:previous:I agree with you 100%. And I do wish she'd get it together because a)she has a lot of potential and can look fantastic as we've seen and b)she is going to be the wife of a Head of State and she owes it to her husband and their future subjects.

But having said that, I still like her and root for her.

:previous: This thread IS about fashion, you are right. But since opinions were formulated about the HGD's character and personality in this thread I responded to them.

A poorly dressed woman can mean that the said women is "careless" as posted above or it can mean that she is simply clueless.
Clueless is no excuse for a professional, grown married woman. She should evaluate how she is doing her job, what her speeches are like, how she sounds, walks, if her clothes fit and photograph well and how her hair looks. If she thinks she is just fine in every way, maybe get a second opinion from some experts. Notice that her hair is almost always done well, she must have decided to entrust that to professionals, or simply Cares more about her hair.

:previous: Yes, her hair is usually perfect but perhaps her hairdresser was away. However, when I cringe at those awful pants she wears, half the reason is that she I believe she is not paying any less than any of the other woman in the family to wear clothes that either don't fit or don't suit her very well.

In short, she needs a dresser to ensure that her clothes coordinate, her trousers don't drag on the floor (I love shoes and often miss hers) and tell her that something she likes does nothing for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom