Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style Part 7:June 2016 - February 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stephanie's latest blue dress is not really my cup of tea, but it's different from what she usually wears and she looks nice in it. The dress is more youthful than her normal choices, and that's one of the reasons why I like it on her.

That's it in a nutshell. It has nothing to do with fashion, per se - it has to do with whether you are presentable (does the clothing fit, is is tailored, it is wrinkled, it is suitable to the time and place), and if not, why in the world, not? Her job is to be a representative of Luxembourg - and your presentation is part of that job. I don't think it's self-absorption for a person in such a role to tell one of her staff, "make sure my clothing is ironed," or "can we get a tailor in to take a look at my ensembles
I agree with both of you exactly. And, careless would be a better word than sloppy. Nobody quibbles with her hair or even makeup or jewelry, she does care about those. It is her clothes that are too careless
Princess Anne does not seem to care at all about her hair, too bad, but it is neat. She does not seem to care at all about makeup, but will wear lipstick. She does enough to keep,the focus OFF her appearance, unlike Stephanie who draws attention to herself because of wrinkled, too tight, short, loose clothing.

I want to like it...but it's just okay.

LaRae

I think she looks beautiful in this dress. The colors and print suit her. It fits well.

Is it exciting or fashionable? No. But fits, the colors are nice and hair well groomed. Not fan of the print, but not the ill fitted or matronly looks she often sports.

The dress is nice and fitting although I dislike the print. Lackluster hair in some photos. Maybe it was fine at the beginning and became tangled/messy as the event progressed.

Last edited:
That print. No, just no. She's so lovely and could really do with a stylist.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

She is so sweet! Lovely hair but this dress just don't .

That print is awful, but from what I can see, the dress appears to fit Stephanie.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Finally. This look is definitely a huge improvement from her usually "unkempt" (clothes that look unfit and messy hair etc) style. She looked really nice with middle-parted hair (refreshing) and while I never really like floral print, the dress looked nice. Most importantly, the dress fitted on her.

I actually quite like Stephanie's dress. Whilst I do think it's nothing special, I like the colours of the flowers against the black.

Its better then usual. The strong colors against the black background works well on her. Her hair should've been styled much better to give it a better overall look.

HGD Stéphanie wore a floral dress at the 50th anniversary celebration for independent winegrowers organization.

http://www.monarchie.lu/pictures/photos/actualites/2016/09/13092016-opvi/DSC_0264.JPG

http://www.monarchie.lu/pictures/photos/actualites/2016/09/13092016-opvi/DSC_0312.JPG

http://www.monarchie.lu/pictures/photos/actualites/2016/09/13092016-opvi/DSC_0330.jpg

Natan heels: https://www.instagram.com/p/yov9K2sxha/?taken-by=natancouture

Although I dislike most prints, this is all right. The top is tight but the floral print sort of hides that. Nice hair and shoes.

Really i try but in the end i don't like at all!!

Sigh....she really needs wardrobe help.

LaRae

:previous: I agree 100%.

But I've seen worse from Stephanie, much worse.

Skin and hair glowing, as usual.

I think the colors are good and i really want to like it, but it has a sloppy fit. It's not bad if you look at the whole spectrum of what she's worn.

I think the colors are good and i really want to like it, but it has a sloppy fit. It's not bad if you look at the whole spectrum of what she's worn.

Sloppy fit is my biggest pet peeve with Stephanie's dress. It makes her look bigger than she is.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Looks like it came from Macy's. With a 20% off coupon.
Very funny:lol:this other big floral,dress which doesn't fit must have been in the 40%off bargain bin. The entire bodice doesn't fit, too loose on the neckline, too tight across the bust and waist. Her hair looks pretty.mloud, large floral,prints do not look well on her.

I don't care if she were to buy from Macy's or discount...she needs to tailor them to fit her body. There's simply no reason she couldn't....she so often looks frumpy. I don't mind conservative modest dressing (I prefer it)...however she's not even hitting that mark.

LaRae

While the colours of the frock are very pretty, I think the red/coral might be too strong for her own delicate colouring.

:previous:
I agree with this post and other posters, the colours are too strong and the fit is really bad again, it makes her look like an overweight housewife from my grandmother's generation what she isn't.
Its hopeless, really.

The color and pattern are ugly. She will never change it is just sad she can't even have her clothes tailored .

I like the color and is not so bad! But something bother me i don't know what!

That dress looks familiar,did the Hereditary Grand Duchess wear it or something similar on National Day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom