Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style Part 7:June 2016 - February 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
The lace dress is lovely and it's a nice choice for Stephanie, the hat didn't work IMO.
The white coat over the white dress reminded me of mother of the bride's outfit, not a nice look IMO.

I like all of Stephanie's outfits she wore today. I think her pink dress is pretty, and I like her hairstyle here too. I didn't realise that Guillaume wore glasses either, I've never seen him in them before. Whilst her pink dress was pretty, I think I prefer the outfit she wore to the military parade more. The blue coat/dress is elegant and I love the colour. It looks smart when paired with the white dress, and Stephanie's hair looks great.

I really liked he lace dress, again the color was great. The fan hat is another matter all together :ermm:

Tonight's dress was her only fail. I usually adore brooches, but that brooch just made the top look bizarre. The way it pulled at the fabric was not flattering at all. The overall fit doesn't seem great. And though she always has great tiara hair, whatever small tiara she is wearing, gets lost tonight:sad:

The Hereditary Grand Duchess best outfit was at the official ceremony and military parade,which was among one of her best ,the other 2 outfits were so so.

The lace dress is by Valentino, the hat obviously by Fabrienne Delvigne.

https://www.facebook.com/Luxarazzi/...585790261797/1156256771061358/?type=3&theater

The dress is exquisite. Is it the same dress Queen Silvia wore at Leonore's christening?

Not a terrible dress but it's boring.

What that dress reminds me of...
ImageUploadedByThe Royals Community1466733623.247440.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Stephanie always has the most beautiful up dos. Her hair stylist does a wonderful job.

The blue and white was the best. V neck vertical line, all one color. Hshe doesn't have much of a waist so the gala gown was the worst possible choice, calling attention to it and actually making it look larger with the gathers. Something like the cut of the peach dress of Alexandra's would suit her, or Alexandra gala dress would too, give her a waist while smoothing it over.

The dress is not bad but Stephanie needs to stand up straight. The dress is a bit casual for the event. Her hair looked nice and I liked how her tiara sat.

It emphasized the disconnect between her waist and shoulder lines. But it does have a certain elegance - and she's not hiding behind too much fabric. JMO.

The firts appearance very very beautiful! The dress is perfect for her!!

The second just leave it!!

I really would love to see her in something age appropriate instead of matronly one day.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

The first is a bit boring, nothing exciting, but that's Stephanie. It suits her, well fitted and nicely made. Wish she would get beyond these lace dresses. But they seem to be the best fitting on her.:flowers:

The second.... struggling to find anything to compliment. The design, the fit or lack there of, and shine :ohmy: But I actually like the color.

The beige lace dress looks much better than the first time she wore it. The belt is tighter.

I like the mint color on the second but the style doesn't seem good. Hopefully there will be other photos.

I think she's had a couple of wins lately with the coat dresses and grey lace. I'm not so sure about these two but the lace one is better than the garden party outfit.

When will people accept that Stephanie is an old soul? It shows in the way she dress and conduct herself.

Well it's a fashion thread so it will be discussed. I agree she's old fashion girl and I don't think she has a toned body ( and that's fine good on her ) But it's still things like the fit and unflattering material that could be improved and will get comments about

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

She can dress 'old soul' all she wants, she certainly is not the only 30 something royal woman who does. The problem is she too often chooses ill fitting (too tight, too short, too long pants so on) clothes. If they were properly fitting and hemmed, could live with her older style. Certainly she would fit in with a certain Duchess. I find her worse outfits, the ones that aren't just bad fit but just bad all together (like the garden party) are the ones where she attempts to dress younger. Her hits tend to be her old fashioned style, just fitting. Doesn't mean she couldn't do with adding more color to the style. Even old souls where color.

Like others, I have no issues with Stephanie's conservative style. However, I do wish that she would wear pieces that fit her, instead of the ones that are too long, too tight, etc., because that just makes her look sloppy. She can get her clothing tailored to fit her properly. As to her latest choices, the beige lace dress was fine, while the garden party dress was a disaster (accept for the color). It reminded me of a toga.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Countessmeout and Daria, I couldn't agree more. There is nothing wrong with a more conservative style, but the fit of most of her clothing is all wrong. Like you stated, too tight, too big, too long, too short. Just a few alterations and her clothes would be much better. That being said, the lace dress was nice, but I wasn't thrilled with the color, the garden party dress was just awful. The shape was all wrong, the fit was bad and it was too short. The color, however, was nice on Stephanie.

The lace dress is classic and so is the color. I think it was a good choice for the visit.

The garden party dress was ok. The color was great for the event. I find the shoes a bit too much of a match but the open hair with soft curls looked nice.

Like others, I have no issues with Stephanie's conservative style. However, I do wish that she would wear pieces that fit her, instead of the ones that are too long, too tight, etc., because that just makes her look sloppy. She can get her clothing tailored to fit her properly. As to her latest choices, the beige lace dress was fine, while the garden party dress was a disaster (accept for the color). It reminded me of a toga.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

"Sloppy" is the very word I was searching for. She doesn't have to be slim, or glamorous, or fashionable, but she does need to be tidy and pulled together.

I think Stephanie's first dress is great, the colour is nice and suits her well. I love her hair here too; as well as her shoes.
I like the colour of Stephanie's second dress, but the fit seems quite baggy to me (though on second thought, perhaps the fit appears like that because the designer of the dress intended it to).

I would not use the word conservative to describe how Stephanie dresses. In my mind, a conservative dresser goes with classics, tried and true, and tries to blend into the background. Stephanie stands out, especially it seems when she is with her husbands family, in a bad way , with the too tight, baggy, short, wrinkled etc problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom